1. Default EA gets exclusive license for Star Wars games

http://www.forbes.com/sites/carolpin...rs-videogames/

*sigh*
    IMO, would have been better if they didn't gave EA exclusive rights since smaller or new companies/devs could had make great SW games, but now we're stuck with EA.
    Last edited by Luxeraph; 2013-05-07 at 01:08 AM.

2. Can of Soup Straight Male
    IGN: chicoran
    Server: Bera
    Level: 200
    Job: Aran IV
    Guild: Risk
    Alliance: Bastion
    venezuela

Default Re: EA gets exclusive license for Star Wars games

Yay! no more SW games for Wii U.

3. Default Re: EA gets exclusive license for Star Wars games

As if new/smaller devs would ever have been able to afford the license. When lucasarts dissolved its development studio, it was painfully obvious it would either go to EA or Activison.

4. Default Re: EA gets exclusive license for Star Wars games

True as it sounds, it's still painful to hear. I'm even more disappointed how they'll shun the Wii U.

Watch. Give it a few years and EA will ruin Star Wars games just like they ruined C&C.

5. Flatpanel TV
    IGN: HarbingerLey
    Server: Mardia
    Level: 203
    Job: Demon Slayer
    Guild: [L]ittleBusters
    Farm: Dominion
    usa

The problem outside of EA's policy of DLC on everything is the fact that they gave it to the company that tore down Pandemic Studios, which made the first 2 battlefront series.

6. Default Re: EA gets exclusive license for Star Wars games

Awesome. Solidification of the thought that is there will be no more good Star Wars games.

RIP, Star Wars games. Hell, RIP Star Wars in general at this point.

7. Default Re: EA gets exclusive license for Star Wars games

Expect ios and android games that run on microtransactions.

8. Heavily armored Humvee
    IGN: TheSovereignBowi
    Server: LoL NA
    Level: 30
    Job: The League
    Guild: Of Draven

Games, maybe. I'm still looking forward to rather excellent popcorn blockbusters at least.

9. Default Re: EA gets exclusive license for Star Wars games

I don't care about anything EA other than Need for speed, and even that franchise has gone down the sink leaning to a "destroy everything in your path" over a true racing game.

I find the feelings of "wishing they make good games for the sake of StarWars" overwhelmed by the "I hope they suck so they give it to another publisher"

10. Default Re: EA gets exclusive license for Star Wars games

Ea ruined my command and conquer generals. The only thing they deserve to do is to die. Seriously if they just released general zero hour on an updated engine, they'd make millions.

11. Default Re: EA gets exclusive license for Star Wars games

Or better... a group making a mod for some RTS that makes it feel like you're playing C&C Generals. And it'd be for free!

12. Default Re: EA gets exclusive license for Star Wars games

Are you referring to the Generals 2 that they are going to make f2p, or the multiple mods available for zero hour?

13. Default Re: EA gets exclusive license for Star Wars games

Neither. I'm talking of some other RTS with an updated engine... being modded to feel like you're playing C&C Generals. Except only better.

14. Default Re: EA gets exclusive license for Star Wars games

Well what made generals so good that I find RTS have a lot of trouble (outside of starcraft really) is the balance. They had 9 generals, all who could defeat eachother in over a dozen different methods with different counters. It was ridiculous how they managed to take 9 variables and make them have obvious weakness' but counters to those weakness'.

15. Default Re: EA gets exclusive license for Star Wars games

Indeed. I am a big JJ Abrams fan.