1. Default Hoarding, selling, and trading IGNs, against Terms of Use?

Hello again, one simple question here. I have 30+ 4-Letter IGNs registered to my account, I was wondering about something, because I can't seem to get a clear answer. Is it against the Maplestory Terms of Use to trade and sell IGNs? I'd certainly like to, but not if it's going to be ban worthy.

Thank you so much.

2. Default Re: Hoarding, selling, and trading IGNs, against Terms of Use?

Hoarding? no
    Selling? yes

I would think

3. Default Re: Hoarding, selling, and trading IGNs, against Terms of Use?

ToS say nothing about selling names and such, only hacks and cash items. Thus it is legal.

4. Default Re: Hoarding, selling, and trading IGNs, against Terms of Use?

Surely selling anything related to in-game for $ would be deemed illegal i would have thought...

then again everyone does it

5. Default Re: Hoarding, selling, and trading IGNs, against Terms of Use?

scumbag mapler meme goes her

GETS A BUNCH OF COOL USERNAMES
    RESERVES ALL OF THEM FOREVER
    NOBODY HAS FUN

seriously why.

I can unserstand reserving a name if you plan to use it on a character you are making in the future, but letting them rot forever just because you might make a few mesos off them?

that rustles my jimmies.

6. Default Re: Hoarding, selling, and trading IGNs, against Terms of Use?

It really depends.

If you have the IGN "Link" and you sell that to me, it's not illegal. If you don't have it, then yes. 100% Nono.
    I'm just kidding, I really don't know but CherryPie's post seems logical.
    Last edited by EmpireSun; 2013-05-06 at 05:32 PM.

7. Default Re: Hoarding, selling, and trading IGNs, against Terms of Use?

It's illegal to sell anything maplestory related for real life money. A transaction for IGN's would be a grey area, but would be considered legal if the transaction was meso's.

What Ign's do you have, I'm just curious

8. Default Re: Hoarding, selling, and trading IGNs, against Terms of Use?

They won't ban your account for it, but it's certainly against the ToS because they don't want their players getting scammed, so all real-money transactions aren't allowed (this includes selling NX cards for mesos, which could get you banned).

9. Default Re: Hoarding, selling, and trading IGNs, against Terms of Use?

Pretty sure it would fall under the same category of selling in game items, therefore, yes.

10. Default Re: Hoarding, selling, and trading IGNs, against Terms of Use?

What about selling them for mesos? Technically thats not selling it for real money.

11. Default Re: Hoarding, selling, and trading IGNs, against Terms of Use?

I can 99.9999% guarantee you his intent is not to sell for mesos.

12. Default Re: Hoarding, selling, and trading IGNs, against Terms of Use?

You can not sell them for real money. That is against the ToU. Trading them for mesos is iffy, but you dont seem to asking about that. Could you give us a list of your IGN's? Curious

13. Default Re: Hoarding, selling, and trading IGNs, against Terms of Use?

Oh, please understand, I didn't get all these IGNs for the sake of selling them or inconveniencing other players. The reason I originally accumulated all of these IGNs was because I wanted a few different IGNs to choose from when I create new characters. I make a lot of characters. Seriously, I think I could get the Army of One medal twice over.

Actually, it would be my intent, if I were to sell one or more. I'm not a fan of involving USD in online games like this.

I would kind of feel like a show-off if I listed my IGNs after asking if it's okay to sell them. But I'll just say they're all pronounceable, and most of them involve X, V, or Q somewhere in the name.

Thanks so much everyone for your help on this subject.

14. Default Re: Hoarding, selling, and trading IGNs, against Terms of Use?

I wouldn't really tell people what 4 letter IGNs you have, if you have wanted ones, you become a hacker target i heard

15. Lead Ball
    IGN: Killmeplsok
    Server: Cassiopeia
    Level: 181
    Job: Captain
    Guild: LoveOfCari
    Alliance: LoveOfCari
    malaysia

Default Re: Hoarding, selling, and trading IGNs, against Terms of Use?

Probably not legal if it's for real money, but again, since when traders care about that?