IGN: Sure
    Server: Redoot
    Level: Eh.
    Job: I guess?
    Guild: No idea.
    Alliance: Think I know?
    Farm: This Exists Still?

Default [CANCELED] Star Wars: Battlefront 3's Alpha Footage

...Nothing can describe how messed up my feels are. And from what I'm guessing, I think they were gonna tie in the Rogue Squadron story with X1 and 2 or something...beats me.

2. Can of Soup Straight Male
    IGN: chicoran
    Server: Bera
    Level: 200
    Job: Aran IV
    Guild: Risk
    Alliance: Bastion
    venezuela

Default Re: [CANCELED] Star Wars: Battlefront 3's Alpha Footage

I was going to create a new thread for this but since this one is new:

EA is now licensed to make star wars games:

Spoiler

Source: http://www.marketwatch.com/story/the...ent-2013-05-06

Well, Guess that there is no more Star wars games for Wii U owners and I can't wait for the DLCs. *Insert Darth Vader's noooo! Image here*

3. Default Re: [CANCELED] Star Wars: Battlefront 3's Alpha Footage

I wasn't too upset about the whole LucasArts thing until I saw that footage just now. I could say, "Well, let's hope EA doesn't ruin it...", but I'll be honest, I'm still upset with them over Spore, so I don't have much hope. =/

4. Default Re: [CANCELED] Star Wars: Battlefront 3's Alpha Footage

EA licensed to make Star Wars games?

Say goodbye to Star Wars games that are good.

5. Desk Straight Male
    IGN: NatsuEliseo
    Server: Galicia
    Level: 206
    Job: Evan
    Guild: Exploited
    Alliance: Family
    Farm: StarWars
    mexico

I will defend EA just this one time.

EA themselves will not be in charge of the games, but EA's studios: Bioware(SW KOTOR), Viceral (Dead Space) and DICE (Battlefield) will be in charge of the games.

I think it leaves an opportunity to see great Star Wars games. All 3 studios have made really good games under EA, although not all of them.

6. Alligator Straight Male

If anything, Free Radical should give what they have (if applicable) to Bioware.
    Then again, the game was at 95% completion, before it was scrapped...
    I don't see why they had to scrap it...but hey, whatever works.

7. Nuclear testing facility Straight Male
    IGN: VerrKol
    Server: Zenith
    Level: 204
    Job: Bowmaster
    Guild: LegacyReborn
    Farm: Kolville
    usa

It's likely they do own the rights to it and are simply choosing not to do anything with it. This has been a long time coming but man... that video did give me some feels. We're long overdue for a free flight Star Wars space game and I think it's a wide open market. There really aren't any big fighter pilot style games at the moment.

IMO, giving the rights to EA (BioWare) was inevitable. There really aren't many, if any, other companies in a position to effectively market the Star Wars IP. BioWare did a fantastic job with KoTOR and a passable job with SWTOR. Unfortunately, the best parts about SWTOR made it a terrible MMO. If they had released it as a single player it would have been fantastic and everything fans wanted. It has a compelling story, beautiful graphics, and leveling mechanics that make it fairly fun to go from 1-50 all over again.

Side note, was that a Chiss Jedi?!? what the pineapple...

The entire Star Wars universe is in limbo until Episode VII, but I hope this will mean we have a lot more SW games in the future. Some of them may even live up to expectations.

8. Can of Soup Straight Male
    IGN: chicoran
    Server: Bera
    Level: 200
    Job: Aran IV
    Guild: Risk
    Alliance: Bastion
    venezuela

Just going to confirm that looks like there will not be more Star wars game for Wii U

9. Alligator Straight Male

Thinking about it now, Rebellion Developments could be considered a sole heir to the Battlefront series, since they worked on the PSP spin-offs of the series, Renegade Squadron and Elite Squadron, and granted, they were limited to so much, they could possibly pull themselves together and reclaim the Battlefront license.

[Rumor] Also another thing to point out, apparently the Battlefront III engine is a spawn-child of the The Force Unleashed Engine (Aka.Euphora, the same engine the entire GTA series runs off of), and what's more contrary is that the Force Unleashed was released the same year this game was set for completion, 2008, and now everyone's getting some random-arse idea that LucasArts wanted to take down Battlefront III in terms it will overshadow The Force Unleashed, but that isn't the case. There was a real reason...right?