IGN: DrkLilith
    Server: GAZED
    Level: 210
    Job: DarkCryokinesis
    Guild: TheAura
    Alliance: Aura
    Farm: FIareon (dead)

Default What to upgrade V2

Last year I made this thread on how to improve my drk. My goodness, did things change a lot since then. o.o My goals aren't finished yet. Not the old one that I made in my old thread! I surpassed that months ago but I have a new goal. I want to get 50k added to my current range (which is around 7xxxx-10xxx clean as of right now). I'll list the total stats I have so far and the equips that I feel are necessary to upgrade. Unlike last time, I'm sleepy to list all of the equips that I have. >.>

Question is this: out of all the equips, which one should I upgrade first? I want to keep the empress set for now just because it's been helpful to me up to now. Another question is should I keep empress or switch to a different set that is better than empress? (i.e. abyss/tyrant/etc)

Here's what I have right now:
    Total str%: 122%
    Total boss%: 114% (w/o dojo gloves)
    Total Atk (from equips, not buffs/link skills): 426
    Total PDR: 99% (w/o DI: 64%)....(I can get 1% from ambition since it's almost maxed. -3- )

Here are the equips I feel needs work:
    Shoes- 4% str 1 atk
    Hat- 4% 1 atk
    Shoulder- Clean Empress
    Secondary- 12 atk
    Rings- DABR/Gratias/Evo III/Tempest (6% 4 atk)
    Overall- 6% 4 atk

2. Interdimensional Rift Straight Male
    IGN: thewatch3r
    Server: Khaini
    Level: 204
    Job: Lolmaster
    Guild: Contagious
    usa

Default Re: What to upgrade V2

Potentialing your empress shoulder may be a good place to start. If not that, cubing your secondary could give you a pretty nice boost. Also maybe replace your gratias ring with a lvl17 evo or jewel ring?

3. Water

So, cube the equips instead instead of investing on a better helm/shoe? I guess that makes sense since I haven't seen any good hats/shoes lately. Especially empress ones.

The gratias ring is to get my crit up to 100%. :s

4. Interdimensional Rift Straight Male
    IGN: thewatch3r
    Server: Khaini
    Level: 204
    Job: Lolmaster
    Guild: Contagious
    usa

Do you have the full six empress set? Personally, I think that switching to the tyrant or RA sets is way to expensive atm. If you have those kinds of insane funds, go for it, but if you don't, sticking with empress is pretty good.

I forgot that that ring gives crit rate. Do you ready have the phantom link skill?

5. Default Re: What to upgrade V2

Getting atk% or boss% on secondary weapon should provide the biggest increase, assuming self-scrolling/cubing. If there's cheap str equips in FM it might be more cost effective to buy those though.

6. Water

I'm using the 7-set atm (6, if I'm using the dojo gloves on bosses that are affected by boss% potential)

I got the link skill already....idk if I can stomach 50 lvs for the 2nd lv one (when it is released). Then again, extreme monster park is something I haven't tried yet....

That is true....idk how many I should buy. Most of the equips were bought before....I used to dislike cubing but with the 2 equips that need to be cubed (secondary and shoulder)....I might buy some at some point.

7. Donator Straight Male
    IGN: ShinkuDragon HoukaPhoenix BoshokuRaven
    Server: Scania
    Level: 152
    Job: Batman
    Guild: IDissOrtis
    panama

i'd really go with cubing the secondary, it's an equip that simply put will never be replaced, and also provides the largest damage boost of all your equips. if you get 50%+ boss on it your range might not increase, but your damage sure will.

also, you forgot an "x" on your "7xxxx-10xxx" range xD that's some terrible mastery there!

8. Water

Hmm....cubing the secondary I guess is the next thing I should do then. With the nx I'm storing up for the cubes, it shouldn't be a problem at all! Alright, cubing the secondary weapon it is!

It's beholden's trolling ability that gave me 7xxxx-10xxx. ;-;
    Last edited by Icedemontrihorn; 2013-05-01 at 11:47 AM.

9. Default Re: What to upgrade V2

Just thought I'd let you know that Ambition's PDR ignore doesn't work.
    We don't know how post-Unlimited PDR will work (different to kMS from what I've heard), so maybe just hold off cubing for boss damage until we know how valuable PDR ignore will be.

10. Water

Oh....darn! So I'm stuck at 90%. Eh, I guess I can settle with that for now. I cross my fingers that the PDR for GMS will be different but in a sense that will not hinder us. Then again, I know that won't happen. ;-;

11. Donator Straight Male
    panama

level phantom AND lumi to 120 then :U

that said, kashimiya raises a very good point, however i still recommend cubing, especially since we get double miracle time this weekend, so instead of shooting for potential, shoot for unique/legendary rank.

12. Brick Male
    IGN: ZeroCA
    Server: Windia
    Level: 21x
    Job: Zero
    Guild: EssentiaI
    Alliance: N/A
    Farm: ReneMule
    usa

Such a good time to cube, with Miracle time coming.

I'm guessing 4% means 3% empress w/ a 1% neb.

So I would say, cubing wise:

0. Try to get epic pot scrolls; it'll save you some NX.
    0.5. Cube some mule equips for Decent skills, if you haven't already. I'm guessing you do, though.
    1. Cube secondary.
    2. Cube emp shoulderpad.
    3. Cube the 3%s.
    4. Cube the overall.
    5. IF you want, cube the ring.

IMO, 15%+ STR on equips and 50%+ boss on weapons (unless you need PDR... which you don't) would make you golden potential wise. You may have higher standards, though.

Then comes scrolling. You can scroll pretty much everything listed with pos chaos, so do that at your own leisure, since you have so much attack already.

BTW HAI GUILDIE.

13. Water

I have most of the link skills except Mihile and Kaiser (mostly because I really am not that interested in those when I can wait for DA and Xenon and their link skills.....I have a limited number of character slots. :s

If everyone is saying the secondary, I guess I'll start with that and then the shoulder.

Wait...phantom gives pdr in their link skill or the card? I thought they give crit% for the link skill. o.o;

14. Default Re: What to upgrade V2

I think he means that you should get the Phantom to 120 so you can have 100% crit rate without the Gratias ring.

5% base + 30% Dragon Wisdom + 10% zerk + 20% zerk hyper + 10% crit hyper + 15% lv 2 phantom link + 10% dSE = 100% crit rate

Well, whenever we get lv 2 link skills for the other classes anyway.

15. Donator Straight Male
    panama

what kashimiya said, i was mostly joking because you said:
    so i said that to show you now need to level TWO classes to 120 :U

16. Water

*scrolls up* Oh right..... >.>

Yup...now, I remembered someone mentioning that in this post.....just forgot about it earlier when I replied. -__-