Server: Windia
    Level: 21x
    Job: Zero
    Guild: EssentiaI
    Alliance: N/A
    Farm: ReneMule
    usa

Basic0 Cube my Force Shield?

I have 90k NX left. It's currently 35% PDR/12% STR/Crap and a 15% PDR neb.

I have 24% boss (2 S decks + Kanna + DS link cuz duh) and no PDR outside Demon Cry and the PDR neb.

I have 66k top range buffed. I don't know if I'll stay with the DS long enough for boss% to matter.

Should I?

2. Default Re: Cube my Force Shield?

The thing that catches my eye is that you say you might not be staying long enough with your DS. I don't remember if the 4th job DS shields can be sold since I don't have one but even if they're highly buffed now, I would simply recommend not cubing unless you have plans that do require more boss% than you need now.

Out of curiosity, were you planning to main another class? If you are, just skip cubing the shield.

Edit: After seeing what Heero said, skip cubing the shield. 66k NX is going to help you a lot more in other areas especially since cube packages are on sale and there's a Double Miracle Time coming up next week.

3. Default Re: Cube my Force Shield?

Unless you're fairly confident in playing DS or at least bossing with it, I wouldn't continue cubing your force shield. It's untradeable IIRC, and it'll just be a waste of funds should you decide to switch classes.

4. Brick Male
    IGN: ZeroCA
    usa

Default Re: Cube my Force Shield?

I main my Aran and Hayato, but I'm currently taking a break from them to play DS.

DS shields are untradeable, but it's so tempting because I hear getting 2 boss lines on legendary is really easy. I can even attest to that; my katana is got 60% boss in 10 cubes and the secondary sheath thingy got 20%+20% too many times (ableit those lines suck; it has 35% boss 12% str 9% crit now.)

But maybe it isn't worth the trouble. I'll wait for more feedback.

5. Default Re: Cube my Force Shield?

I definitely wouldn't be cubing on hearsay even if you've succeeded before especially not since you already have two mains. That brings to mind another question though: Might your plans be potentially postponed until you see what's up with the May 19th announcement for KMS seeing that Aran isn't doing too hot right now and the lack of Hyper skills could be an issue for your Hayato?

It seems that it could be helpful in your case at any rate.

6. Brick Male
    usa

My aran HAS been slowly fading into the background... I just refuse to let it go, though, since I've played it for 3+ years or something, ever since I started.

Maybe I'll cube Aran secondary and Kaiser Emblem instead.

7. Default Re: Cube my Force Shield?

Well, the thing is that your plans are all over the place now and you don't have to cube your Aran's secondary to stay with it, do you? If you don't have any solid bossing plans and a permanent main in mind my recommendation would be to keep the NX until you've a better idea of what you want to do, as GMS is always going to have cube packages and Miracle Times even if it takes you months to decide.

Whichever you choose to do in the end, good luck in getting the best out of your NX.

8. Default Re: Cube my Force Shield?

Would you cube a 3rd tier Silent Crusade face & eye accessory on your DS? If the answer is yes the answer is also yes for the force shield. If no then probably not.

9. Brick Male
    usa

Well... my eye is 10% STR and nose is 6% STR. I'm too obsessed with trdaeable.

I've already decided what I'm gonna cube during miracle time. If I have any leftover NX I'll cube it.

10. Default Re: Cube my Force Shield?

Just something to consider, bind also gives passive 30% Pdr. And with a leafre set plus your current shield you're at 110% Pdr not counting ambition's effects/ luminous link skill/demon cry.

That said my force shield is similar, I just put a boss neb on the shield instead and focused more on cubing the weapon, you should too. If we ever get unlimited's Pdr change having over 100% might even be usefull.

11. Brick Male
    usa

I don't even notice these things. Thanks! I'll probably never get the Leafre Set, though.