Server: Windia
    Level: 21x
    Job: Zero
    Guild: EssentiaI
    Alliance: N/A
    Farm: ReneMule
    usa

Default Re: Scheduled Game Update - April 30, 2013

Oh geez that went to the crapshoot rather quickly...

I'd rather not say what I think, so I'll leave it.

2. Default Re: Scheduled Game Update - April 30, 2013

Why not go with other people? Before @Mazz; got where he is, him and his guild members went on empress runs as a group. Seriously, just because someone else out there is making money far faster than you, that does not mean that it is "hopeless" for you or anyone else. There will ALWAYS be someone better than you. Absolutely always. That's the problem with players that aren't on the wealthy side of the coin; they don't actually bother taking that first step to get themselves where they want to be.

Take your guildies or some friends you trust, and try to take down V2s for armor pieces. Chaos them or sell them off, do whatever, but get rid of that "EVERYTHING MUST BE SOLO'D" mindset. It's a pineappleing terrible plague on this game these days. You have to start somewhere. But it won't happen unless you actually try.

@Razmos; I will agree, the game does need more in the means of progression. The jump from Horntail, Hilla, Zak, even Von Leon to Pink Bean or Empress is insane. But most people should be able to make enough money off of in game events to buy their own 140 set, and do whatever they need to upgrade it to a satisfactory condition. That's what I did. You buy the gear to get the gear, just the way this game works at the moment. I'm not saying it's right. I'm just personally tired of Nexon always pineappleing things up for the players that actually....PLAY.

3. Default Re: Scheduled Game Update - April 30, 2013

Well, it certainly has gotten my Drk full empress- including a fully scrolled partisan and cape. Ah well, I guess I'm happy with 'squat'.

4. Default Re: Scheduled Game Update - April 30, 2013

thank you, this is what i was trying to get at
    and i was in this group too, so it's not like its impossible. the mindset that things HAVE to be solo play is ridiculous

even if it ends in failure, it can be fun for people to try and learn about how the boss works + what would be most viable with who you have.

5. Default Re: Scheduled Game Update - April 30, 2013

Bullpomegranate. Speaking as someone who is in a guild of friends, not competitive bossing types. I can't even get a group together to HTPQ through smega and pomegranate, much less Empress. So no, not everyone has the ability to just yell out and suddenly have a group able to do Empress.

6. I post a lot Bi Male
    IGN: ZesseiBijin
    Server: Khaini
    Level: 204
    Job: Kanna
    Guild: NEST
    Farm: Razmosia
    uk

Absolutely exactly what I was thinking.

While normal Zak and normal Hilla are no longer a problem for me at all, i've definitely reached a soft cap on the amount of upgrading I can do of my character, and bosses like Von Leon, Pink Bean, Arkarium, Magnus and Cygnus are so far out of my league it's unreal.

It comes to a point where simply buying better gear is no longer the answer, and cubing and buying ridiculously expensive cash shop scrolls becomes a necessity in order to get "perfect" weapons. What other ways are there for me to get Ignore Def and Boss Damage other than through potential?

Once you are able to Solo Zak and Hilla, the game really caps out at that point and becomes pay to win, since at that power level there is really nothing available for you to make money off, at least from my experience, and so moving on from that point is really hard and would likely cost real money.

So really, people need events like this to move forward at this point to become players like you. So while it does suck for players like you who work hard, nobody else would be able to reach that level if we don't have events like this.

7. Default Re: Scheduled Game Update - April 30, 2013

Finding people to run with is kind of hard when over 90% of the playerbase is too weak to handle these bosses though. Empress's DR mechanics certainly don't help either haha.

8. Default Re: Scheduled Game Update - April 30, 2013

HTPQ is hard to find a group for in ANY Server. It just isn't a PQ that many people bother with at all, especially since you only need to do it once, and then never again for that character. Horntail itself isn't profitable either, so most people go for the card, and then never again. I can bet you'd find people for empress. Whether they are trustworthy or not is another thing, but... you can definitely find people willing to try.

@MountLag; Bring a priest, a crasher, a binder, and you should be just fine. Your runners need to learn how the bosses work first before you can seriously expect to succeed. Go in EXPECTING failure, and learn from it.

9. Default Re: Scheduled Game Update - April 30, 2013

The patch is tonight?

Wow, that was quick.

10. Default Re: Scheduled Game Update - April 30, 2013

so am i.

"oh hey let's go empress"
    it never works like that. snap my fingers and have a group, wow!
    no. let's PLAN things out. isn't this what a BBS is for?
    Last edited by Pink Bean; 2013-04-30 at 09:01 PM. Reason: jesus pineapple i can't read

11. Default Re: Scheduled Game Update - April 30, 2013

More aware of this than you are been group bossing forever. I just don't do it for the profit or potential profit. As for not paying the hacker at this point it's all the same if the hackers didn't hack we would be back in the whole z-run side up days with people charging absurd prices for stuff. Not that I buy from hackers nor do I really condone what they do put if they didn't hack hardly anyone would be able to afford the equips.

More than that what pisses me off is that hes peaching about possibly making less than 750m a day pineappleing day really? Most people make no where near that in a day. God forbid he make 500m a day you just can't live off that it's chump change man!

12. I post a lot Bi Male
    IGN: ZesseiBijin
    Server: Khaini
    Level: 204
    Job: Kanna
    Guild: NEST
    Farm: Razmosia
    uk

I'm personally very happy if I manage to make 100m a week. which doesn't happen very often.

13. Default Re: Scheduled Game Update - April 30, 2013

I thought the limit was three from reading about it months ago, regardless, I couldn't figure out why people were so excited. I guess they just didn't know.

And to the most recent argument, don't pretend that cubing gear or buying Protects is classified as work at all, unless you want to equate the job that you work to get that money as work; I guess I would understand that (merely semantic) argument. It would be fine if you said, "I wish Nexon would stop screwing over paying customers." That argument is completely valid, but acting as if you laboriously slaved away to be able to boss seems disingenuous.

14. Default Re: Scheduled Game Update - April 30, 2013

Well TECHNICALLY if I actually bought NX with money it could be considered "hard work" in a sense, but either way, I earned my NX to cube/scroll my equips. The system is incredibly flawed and a huge money grab, but from the looks of it, it isn't changing anytime soon.

15. Default Re: Scheduled Game Update - April 30, 2013

Honestly, I agree with @Justin. Why do some people assume that funded players just have everything handed to them or buy their way in? It's certainly not true for everyone. In fact, most of the well funded people I'm friends with have reached where they are now by working hard and playing the game and not just pumping their own cash into their characters to get there. Every one of them at one point was at the same place some of us less funded players are at. Yeah I'm one of those players that has capped out around CHT and Czak, etc, but I'd be straight up lying if I said I couldn't find someone who would love to go on that V2 run, or that PB run, or Ranmaru, or whatever high level content there is that I can't handle solo. The problem with people seeking freebies from all these events are that they think they need those hand outs to upgrade their characters or get rich quick without doing too much work, and then they just lay dormant after the event and wait for the next one before they do it again. If people put the same amount of effort they do with raking in rewards from events into attempting things like V2, empress equips wouldn't be a market dominated by the only people who aren't too lazy to take the time to fight Empress everyday. And those people just happen to be the really funded people because the less funded people don't even bother trying.

And no one can say that its too hard to find people to boss with. Join a guild, post in a forum, ask randoms, make some friends x.x
    If it's really true that 90% of the player base is too weak to fight these bosses alone, then that just means there's 90% of the player base for you to team up with and fight the bosses together.

16. Default Re: Scheduled Game Update - April 30, 2013

i know you won't support hackers, i'm joking on how we have so many botted things in FM "WHERE ARE THE LEGIT RUNNERS???"

i don't run for any profit any more. the things i can profit off of are either NX based (scissors) or impossible without a group. even then, things are split
    @Razmos; i hear the high quality dimensional gloves are still pretty good.. i've been running every day for a while and i've had two so far since i started DI up again.

17. Default Re: Scheduled Game Update - April 30, 2013

I like the free Empress gear because my friend really needs the boost in power. The problem with going on Empress runs is A) my friend is only level 154, B) killing Empress would be impossible for both of us even when he's a higher level, and C) my PC has trouble handling a full party of people, especially if it includes Lumi, AB, and Kaiser (it's luckily still not as bad as town lag at least).

So while I do feel bad that the free equips will lower Empress equips' worth, I can't help but be more happy that my friend has a chance (even if it's incredibly low) to improve his character so we can fight some stronger bosses than Hilla. One of the biggest problems in MapleStory is that it has such a huge gap in power between bosses and equipment. It would be awesome if more set items were released. I personally think Reverse and Timeless equips deserve a set bonus, and I have no idea why Nexon hasn't done so yet.

18. Helium Atom Straight Male
    IGN: VXArtillery
    Server: Yellonde
    Level: 181
    Job: Cannon Master
    Guild: Purify
    Alliance: Purify
    Farm: Yellondia
    Ohio

I'm happy about it for much the same reason.

Gonna be honest here, my Cannoneer is funded enough that I don't NEED Empy stuff for him. It's simply not worth it.

HOWEVER: I do have friends that will benefit greatly from it, as they either can't boss, or they can't afford it.

I can't take them on runs because I can't boss, because my laptop can't handle more than 1 person at a major boss, I can't fight Empy effectively at my level (although Evo System will help with that), and I don't have that many friends that can go on runs with my friends.

This event, while it hurts in the short-term, is VERY useful for merchants such as Justin as well. Think; more inventory for when prices rise again! Inventory you didn't have to go spend all the money and effort to get! Sure, the belt is gonna be a bit tighter, but if you really made it to where you are by sheer willpower, then you can also hold out for 3 months while Empress equips are cheap. Maybe you can farm scrolls? Maybe merch around?

I'm not saying you don't have a right to be upset, but be honest- you'll survive it.

Let the anniversary be a celebration: one that everyone can enjoy, that is filled with NOT pomegranateTY PRIZES :)

19. Default Re: Scheduled Game Update - April 30, 2013

Oh it's just that 12B damage in 60 minutes for V2s is a lot to expect from people who might not have the best of funding. Adding more people doesn't help if everyone does no damage, which is probably the case for most parties. Certainly doesn't hurt to try though, of course.

20. Default Re: Scheduled Game Update - April 30, 2013

Gee, the tension here escalated fast enough.