Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: [Dawn Warrior] Soul Master Skill Build

1. Default Soul Master Skill Build

First Job

Second Job

Third Job

Fourth Job

Hyper Skills
    Last edited by JoeTang; 2013-09-19 at 05:41 PM.

2. Default Re: Soul Master Skill Build

No hero's will?

3. Default Re: Soul Master Skill Build

Super late on this, but is it really hard to get used to the auto switching of solunar time or something?

4. Default Re: Soul Master Skill Build

It can be if you don't know what you're doing. Crescent Divide and Solar Pierce hit completely different ranges, so you have to prepare for linear for one hit, and centered area for the other.

5. Default Re: Soul Master Skill Build

Ah/ Okay. I saw the videos and noticed this so I hadn't thought much of it till I read that.

6. Default Re: Soul Master Skill Build

not adding atleast 5 soul pledge before 140 seems like a bad idea. im seriously having a bad time doing the sunset splitter/swirling moon combo because i get knocked-back too much. 50% stance has somewhat solved that problem but im still adding it right now. and the extra stats doesnt hurt.

7. Default Re: Soul Master Skill Build

What exactly are you 1v1ing pre-140?

8. Default Re: Soul Master Skill Build

Dojo, PQs(highly annoying at angry frank), and hardmode Azwan. :/

Im also adding it now so I'll have it at a decent level by the time I can regularly Zakum and Hilla at 14x so ye

9. Default Re: Soul Master Skill Build

If you're 1v1ing so much, I would recommend using only Speeding Sunset and maxing it before Solunar Time.
    Master of the Sword -> Soul Pledge -> Speeding Dance -> Solunar Time

Having maxed Speeding Sunset with only Rising Sun should be stronger than maxed Solunar Time with level 1 Speeding Dance.
    Also, if you get interrupted or lag in the slightest with Solunar Time or Speeding Sunset alone, maxed Divide and Pierce is better than level 1 Speeding Dance.

10. Default Re: Soul Master Skill Build

ah that would make sense. also another thing, since mastery apparently works for one handed swords, would it be better to get a fast one-handed or a normal two-handed ? Would the one-handed cripple my damage alot, considering the pomegranatety multiplier? Lionheart schimitar is way too expensive, i was hoping the cutlass wouldnt affect my damage too much.

11. Default Re: Soul Master Skill Build

You'll speedcap with a Normal (6) weapon with Rising Sun and Booster. Get a Normal (6) two-hander.

12. Neon Atom Straight Male
    IGN: Omnicolor
    Server: El Nido
    Level: 200
    Job: Rainbow Paladin
    Guild: LegacyReborn
    Farm: Erictopia
    usa

Default Re: Soul Master Skill Build

I put enough points into Solunar Time just for 1 minute duration.

Turned my 4 hit KO at MPE into 2HKOs. Maybe 6 points early is better than waiting until Master of the Sword is maxed. I dunno... I feel like this is a booster thing where you'd always want to get at least 1 minute duration booster.

13. Default Re: Soul Master Skill Build

Same here.

I finally maxed everything now except for soul penetration and cygnus knights. contemplating maxing cygnus knights first since soul penetration is literally useless at the 4 RA bosses.

also realised whats wrong with this picture lolol it happens to me alot too.

14. Desk Straight Male
    IGN: NatsuEliseo
    Server: Galicia
    Level: 206
    Job: Evan
    Guild: Exploited
    Alliance: Family
    Farm: StarWars
    mexico

@JoeTang; I think that you should remove this part from your build:

Dawn Warriors only get 50% elemental resistance. If True Sight stacks with this skill, Dawn Warriors can get to maybe 75% elemental resistance.

Only Thunder Breakers and Wind Archers get 100% elemental resistance from their beginner skill.

15. Default Re: Soul Master Skill Build

None of the Cygnus Knights receive 100% elemental resistance. They've all been nerfed to 50%.

16. Default Re: Soul Master Skill Build

Thank you for catching that.

17. Desk Straight Male
    IGN: NatsuEliseo
    Server: Galicia
    Level: 206
    Job: Evan
    Guild: Exploited
    Alliance: Family
    Farm: StarWars
    mexico

My info was outdated, thanks! Do you happen to know for sure if it's the same for KMS?

18. Default Re: Soul Master Skill Build

Not sure, I don't have a 120 cyg in kMS anymore, so I can't check if it really is, but, there's only one Elemental Expert skill in the entire game, and it is set to 50% for kMS as well.

19. Default Re: Soul Master Skill Build

Is there something wrong with the Trace Cut skill in GMS? It seems totally useless and annoying for a skill that Joe calls the second job's 'primary training skill'. It has about zero forward range; you have to pretty much stand on top of a monster or turn your back on it to hit them (backwards range is decent). Or am I missing something; like it's only supposed to be used as part of a combo or some such thing?

20. Default Re: Soul Master Skill Build

Turn around.