Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
  1. Default Re: Masteria new area

This is slightly exciting. But im with the other people that I dont expect much. Too might hype disappointment for me to believe anything good will come from this. Unless they nexon says Prosed(or w/e his name is) worked on it.

But even then I dont think he could even recreate the everything crimsonwood brought. Specifically the fear aspect of it... but im going to stop before i get caught up in my own nostalgia.

but kudos to Girasol. I really appreciate the openness you bring. Definitely changing Nexon's face for the better.

2. Flatpanel TV
    IGN: HarbingerLey
    Server: Mardia
    Level: 203
    Job: Demon Slayer
    Guild: [L]ittleBusters
    Farm: Dominion
    usa

Default Re: Masteria new area

never hype anything up alot becausse most of the time, it will be a disappointment due to such high standards. though I have some faith in nexon at least when it comes to changes in NLC. albeit I thought the last one was pretty half-baked and required little effort to write up, each major NLC area introduced something new and unique to maplestory as a whole.(First brought the 12 watk potions and potions in general, then came crimsonwood pq which created the MoN and a unqiue pq experience, then with those came the haunted house with its odd pq and overly packed areas to train, then aliens brought, well aliens and nebulites which added something "more" to the game). Zones that felt tagged on sadly were closer to like Uluu City(Msea) and the theme park revamp which more or less didn't add much depth into the game really.

I enjoy the fact that GMS is usually the ones to see really peculiar changes first(or near first along with TWMS), and hope the mistake like aliens made isnt made again. NLC shouldn't have been touched, aliens should have only been part of the outskirts of the krakian jungle which is how I thought it should have been.

3. Can of Soup Straight Male
    IGN: chicoran
    Server: Bera
    Level: 200
    Job: Aran IV
    Guild: Risk
    Alliance: Bastion
    venezuela

Default Re: Do you expect a Masteria expansion?

Nebulite system expansion, anyone?.

I will take this with a grain of salt, the Alien expansion really killed my hope...

4. Default Re: Masteria new area

If GMS brings a new class based on Whips (hey, we have every weapon and NOT whips (Xenon don't count)?) and conects Jett with Masteria it would be epic a lot!
    Adding S Class Nebulites.... and making it easier the rest would be a great option to not to choose aditional options.

5. Default Re: Masteria new area

yeah most of the updates to NLC except the recent one was good. but keep in mind the older ones are 3-4 years old while the newest is only 1. I will say though that its seemly like nexon is changing their market strategy so right now anything is up for grabs in terms of good or bad content. I'm just making sure I dont expect anything from it. The last update (aliens) was hyped tremodenously that it feels like they put more effort planning the hyping than the actual content.

6. Default Re: Masteria new area

It wouldn't be hard to go back to the old NLC, just say that with the effort of the maplers the city was rebuilt and the aliens kicked away. Afterall the aliens aren't even needed as a training spot since monster park extreme and evo world are better than them for 90-110 (unless you're looking to train for extended periods of time in which case... go to alternate spots?)

7. Orbital Bee Cannon
    IGN: SaptaZapta
    Server: Kradia
    Level: 275
    Job: Hero
    Guild: Matriarchy
    Alliance: Peaceful

Yeah, when I'm training a link-skill mule, I like to be able to do at least 70-100 in one sitting. Sometimes all the way to 120. Get it over with as fast as possible.
    MPE and ESS are both limited entry, and "alternate spots" don't give enough exp to do it all at once.

Don't get me wrong, I'd gladly give aliens up if we could get Phantom Forest and Crimsonwood mountain back the way they were pre-BB.

8. Default Re: Masteria new area

So, just out of curiosity - what did you guys not like about the KMS Crimsonwood PQ? We didn't have any plans to bring it over, but I'd like to hear specifically what you didn't like about it...and if there was anything you DID like about it. Thanks!

9. I post a lot Bi Male
    IGN: ZesseiBijin
    Server: Khaini
    Level: 204
    Job: Kanna
    Guild: NEST
    Farm: Razmosia
    uk

I think part of it was that it wasn't connected to the Masteria we have, it being further disconnected from the Masteria that we got originally (which was replaced when the aliens invaded) people were afraid it would replace the only part of the old masteria we still have (Crimsonwood Keep)
    Another thing would be the bosses, who (from what I can tell) are quite challenging in GMS with abilities that compliment each other, but in KMS have been degraded to high hp mobs.

Things I'd say i'd like about it is the good spawn on the maps, also well designed big maps. And the minigames are pretty cool.

10. Neon Atom Gay Male
    IGN: VVindswept
    Server: Mardia
    Level: 210
    Job: Wind Archer
    Guild: Memento
    Alliance: Christmas
    New_Jersey

I can't speak for the KMS version b/c I never looked into it, and coming back from a 13 month hiatus I can only speak of what I know from our own Crimsonwood PQ (and I don't think it's changed since I quit over a year ago)...but I think the first thing that should be implemented is the Pirate boss if it hasn't already. It just makes sense since you need all 5 classes to run the PQ, not having 1 of them in there just doesn't make sense. I also think it might be fun to maybe have a Normal Mode and Hard (Chaos) Mode of both PQs, well, as far as the bosses go.

Also, maybe implement a system similar to Root Abyss and Magnus where the bosses drop coins or tokens or some type of item (maybe an item called "Naricain's Aura" or something) that you could trade in to the ghost that was at the bottom of the map of the Crimson Guards before the entrance to the actual Keep (I forgot his name). Put all the items that were in the bonus stage of the PQ into that shop and get rid of the bonus stage altogether...I never had an issue, but I know some people would get shafted because of lag going into that room from Internet connection or loading the room up and would only manage to get 1 bonus box if any while others opened up several (me being one of them). I think having a system where an item drops that everyone gets gives more of an incentive to bring more people and party up rather than solo or minimize the amount of people that are brought.

Like I said I am basing it off of how I remember Crimsonwood Keep, which was pre-alien attack, and although I've seen NLC since then I haven't ventured up there so I don't know what it looks like at the moment.

11. GLADIGATORS
    IGN: Overburnd
    Level: 210
    Job: Cannoneer
    Guild: Contagious
    usa

1) Further patronization to the low leveled masses from a batch of content that has been known to the GMS players to present challenges to the high leveled community.
    2) Bastardization of CWK bosses made into free spawning, easily killed, "not worth existing" mobs.
    3) General lack of respect for what a LOT of people consider to be one of the best content updates the game has seen in it's history, for more than just the actual content. The hype generated from the words "masteria update" back in the day inspired tons of people to actually stay up all night for updates and information...now it's almost always responded to with the masteria troll panda.
    4) This doesn't have anything to do with masteria really, but i can't say anyone ever actually likes it when KMS tears unique content apart, which they have done for essentially everything that wasn't created in their version.

Edit: Actually, i need to correct myself on #1. Masteria was more known and idolized for bringing something to the entire spectrum of players. Haunted mansion brought amazing training to levels 13 or whatever level you can go there until you can move on to LHC. The potion shop goes without saying has made an enormous difference over the years. CWK PQ was enjoyable because it did something new and albeit gimmicky but the rewards have been great and have lasted in their worth as well.

Also, i think GMS is doing good work with their ports.

12. Default Re: Masteria new area

Oh @Girasol; the can of worms you just opened

My opinion

13. Default Re: Masteria new area

From what i've seen at first glance it just seems dull and in no way exciting. What made our CWKPQ great was the factor that even if you could solo all of the bosses (which at the time of implementation was nothing more than a pipedream, I even recall failing cwkpqs with full expeditions of 12+ members lol) you still needed others to complete the tasks.

I feel that CWKPQ needs a buff but not in the direction that KMS has taken it. Yes the bosses need their stats buffing to match todays level of difficulty but other than that I like the path that you guys went for root abyss. The bosses are made in a way where they can be defeated by almost any level of fundings however if you have lower fundings you can simply not DPS your way though it you need to think on your toes a little.

This is what I expect to see if anything is done to our current CWKPQ as well as more puzzle style maps and greater rewards.

BTW Have you ever thought about bringing back old events? Visitor PQ, SHEEP VS WOLF PQ.. ?!?!

14. Default Re: Masteria new area

I loved the party play maps, and the mini games. Those kind of quests are much more fun than the dull fetch quests associated with many MMO's.

15. Desk Straight Male
    IGN: NatsuEliseo
    Server: Galicia
    Level: 206
    Job: Evan
    Guild: Exploited
    Alliance: Family
    Farm: StarWars
    mexico

I know that myself and some maplers would like the GMS team to do what MSEA just did, add the KMS areas while keeping the originals.

To have our Crimsonwood Keep and KMS Crimsonwood would provide more content for us to play with, same for areas like Fantastic theme park.

However, I DID liked the party play areas. It would be nice if our Masteria could have them.

16. Interdimensional Rift Straight Male
    IGN: thewatch3r
    Level: 204
    Job: Lolmaster
    Guild: Contagious
    usa

http://www.southperry.net/showthread...=1#post1127119

Some visitor style stuff was added in the latest extractions for GMS. Who knows what will come our way.

17. Default Re: Masteria new area

Yeah, I remember seeing that i even commented.

Would like this to happen for ninja castle.

18. Default Re: Masteria new area

There is no PQ in Crimsonwood Castle. It is a theme dungeon for players level 130 or higher. What it offers you is a series of quests, one party play map, one boss fight (Red Nirg) and a couple of mini games.
    I liked the mini games because it is something new and it's refreshing. There are also two mini games in the new Leafre area Colossus.

I'm not sure if Korea will continue with Masteria. They are referring it as the ''lost continent of the demons''. I like the story line.
    But like I said, I'm not sure if they're going to continue with Masteria. There will be a new major demon boss coming out in MapleStory soon.
    Since there is a lack of high leveled maps for players past level 200, it would be a great idea to incorporate this in the continent of Masteria.

For those who are interested: I made a video about Crimsonwood Castle and Colossus. See the spoiler below.

Spoiler

19. Default Re: Masteria new area

Umm... it's not a PQ? PPZ doesn't count as PQ tbf...

Hadriel

20. Flatpanel TV Straight Male
    IGN: Dailom
    Server: Windia
    Level: 188
    Job: Wild Hunter
    Guild: Caelia
    Alliance: HighOrder

Personally I don't know anything about the KMS version, so I can't say what I don't like about it. I suppose turning CWK into a high level training ground sounds pretty nice, but from other people's reactions it sounds like the cost was that the unique boss battle had to be taken out. I'm not entirely sure how I'd feel if we lost the boss fight, but many of the rewards from said fight are completely useless without the trade quest that allowed people to get things like Crimson Arkglaives and Balanced Furies. Plus Typhons are gone, so we couldn't do the trade quest either way.

If you guys were going to try your own thing with CWK, I would probably suggest first ret-conning the entire Alien storyline and resetting Masteria to its original state (make Nebulites into an invention that Dr. Foxwit made or something). Then increase the levels of every enemy to be at least 80 or something. After all of that, look over the original storyline and see what you can do with it.

Only somewhat related to your original question