1. Default Summon Damage/Mastery

What is the damage formula for summons, and are they effected by mastery?

Corsair summons don't appear to be effected by mastery. I've noticed a huge variance in the damage they do, as shown below. Is this a bug? Other classes' summons appear to have much more stable damage.

Spoiler

2. Default Re: Summon Damage/Mastery

I think it's just the range shown in your stat window minus total damage buffs?

3. Proton Gay Male
    IGN: Ferons
    Server: Bera
    Level: 200
    Job: Marksman
    Guild: Chrono
    Alliance: Nocturnal
    Farm: Kansas
    canada

Default Re: Summon Damage/Mastery

Marksman's Freeze is pretty consistent. I noticed my Corsair had variance as well, I feel like it's just blowing random numbers here and there.

4. Can of Soup Straight Male
    IGN: chicoran
    Job: Aran IV
    Guild: Risk
    Alliance: Bastion
    venezuela

Iirc all Corsairs summons don't apply mastery (even the Cygnus thing for UAs, I have one and it has the same problem). But I don't remember if the same applies to other classes, maybe @JoeTang; can solve this.

Edit: I found my thread when I posted the mastery bug on my corsair: http://www.southperry.net/showthread...20by%20mastery

5. Default Re: Summon Damage/Mastery

Sorry, I have no idea. I would be interested in more testing from other people on this though.

6. Donator Straight Male
    IGN: ShinkuDragon HoukaPhoenix BoshokuRaven
    Server: Scania
    Level: 152
    Job: Batman
    Guild: IDissOrtis
    panama

why not try your summons while wearing a knuckle, if possible?

7. Interdimensional Rift Straight Male
    IGN: thewatch3r
    Server: Khaini
    Level: 204
    Job: Lolmaster
    Guild: Contagious
    usa

Just did some testing on my bowmaster: my phoenix's damage is pretty consistent. At most there is less than a 100k discrepancy between the lines.

8. Default Re: Summon Damage/Mastery

I tried this with a 81 attack Knuckle. The numbers were significantly lower (as expected) but there was still a significant difference between max and min damage. With Octo-Cannon and a Knuckle, the damage ranged from ~20k to about 110k.

I think Corsair summons are only receiving the base 15% mastery that Gunslingers have. Gun Mastery and Majestic Presence give us 85% mastery but that clearly isn't applying to the summons. My Cannoneer, Marksman, and Mechanic's summons don't have as much of a discrepancy.

9. Can of Soup Straight Male
    IGN: chicoran
    Job: Aran IV
    Guild: Risk
    Alliance: Bastion
    venezuela

I made 4 UAs in this week (2 for my cousin and 2 mine) they were I/L / Bowmaster and Paladin / F/P and their UA summons had the mastery working correctly, so yeah this is a bug for corsairs.