1. Default NA LCS Spring Playoff Finals

Anyone else watching? So far pretty disappointing EU Day 1, due to the problems, but the NA one is looking good.

I was pleasantly surprised to see EG looking far more solid than they have in the past few weeks, but overall the problems the game and teams had overshadow things. I don't normally watch much of the scene, but I do occasionally watch it to see how things are going there. Was hoping to see if SK was able to get closer to the level of Fanatic and Gambit, but the whole AAA thing stopped that from happening. Also seems like CW just needs more experience and they'd have taken more than the one game vs EG. Hopefully they'll stay in the LCS and during the Summer season they can show off their improvement.

As for the NA LCS, right now it's looking like GGU might be kicking Dig out, would be the bigger upset than the Vulcun vs CLG match I suspect. Still only on the 2nd game though, and I think they have a decent chance of coming back from their poor start due to their experience.

Looking forward to the CLG and Vulcun match up after this more though. I'd honestly like to CLG get kicked out so they're forced to change. I liked when they used to be a force to be reckoned with, but it's been so long and they need a major wake up call if they're ever gonna hope to get back into contention with the top 3.

Edit: Well looks like both CLG and Dig get pushed out. Can't say I'm that surprised about CLG, but Dig getting relegated to the promotion tournament is pretty surprising even after how much improvement GGU has made. Still, seems to be showcasing that some of those bottom 4 teams might end up in the top 3 spots of the Summer season. Looking forward to the matches tomorrow, I suspect TSM will win against Vulcun, and the GGU vs Curse will be the closer games, but who knows? It'd be interesting if it was GGU vs Vulcun for the finals.
    Last edited by ElectricSix; 2013-04-28 at 04:46 PM.

2. Default Re: Na LCS Spring Playoffs

Day two pretty good games overall in EU. Not too surprising to see a GG vs Fanatic, but EG acquitted themselves fairly well. Looking more like they used to, though they still weren't the dominant force that they've been in the past.

TSM looked pretty good in their first game vs Vulcun, but Vulcun is coming back strong in the second. Have to see if Vulcun can finish it, or if TSM fights back for the win. If any team can come back from being behind, it's definitely them. Still good to see Vulcun putting in a strong showing, they deserved their win against CLG and they deserve to be taken seriously by TSM as a real threat for the Summer Season.

3. AFK at Ch 18 Leafre Straight Male
    Nion's Avatar [Jr. Event Coordinator]

IGN: GreenTeaSip
    Server: Scania
    Job: Hero
    Guild: Symbolism
    Alliance: Lore
    Farm: Symbolism
    California

Default Re: Na LCS Spring Playoffs

I like how the underdog teams are doing well. They show why anyone with teamwork can beat the top dogs.

EDIT: Case point, GGU beated Curse.

4. Default Re: Na LCS Spring Playoffs

Gotta love the strong TSM finish, but Vulcun showed a lot of improvement. The GGU vs TSM games tomorrow should be interesting. I think TSM will win it, but I too think it might just be a 3-2 win instead of a 3-0 stomp that they might once have had.

I gotta say, that the closer the bottom teams have gotten to the top, the better it has gotten for both the NA and EU scene. Part of the major problems with each scene was the top 2-3 teams being the only ones who could even remotely compete with each other. Now that it's getting so that the top 1-2 teams don't have a sure lock on every game, and the bottom teams are playing more consistently thanks to the extra practice against the top teams. I don't think NA or EU will be able take Season 3 in the end, but perhaps by Season 4, each scene will have grown enough to make things interesting when compared to the rest of the world. I'd like it even more if during the pre season, they do an exchange program, with different teams traveling to other regions and playing for a couple of weeks in some sort of grand tournament or something with some sort of incentive for Season 4 or a chance at some nice prizes.

5. aka ClawofBeta Straight Male
    Corn's Avatar [Jr. Event Coordinator]

IGN: ClawofBeta
    Server: LoL.NA
    Level: 30
    Job: Bot Lane
    Guild: N/A
    Alliance: N/A
    New_Jersey

Spoiler

6. Default Re: Na LCS Spring Playoffs

Goes to show the bottom 4 aren't exactly the bottom 4.

7. Default Re: Na LCS Spring Playoffs

miles-sempai too OP with blitz. LAND EVERYTHING EXCEPT THE POINT BLANK GRAB.

8. Default Re: Na LCS Spring Playoffs

Grats to Fanatic for becoming the EU champs, brings back fond memories of Season 1 for sure. It was a neck and neck battle with GG and they deserved the win. Good to see EG sitting at third place too. They were slumping for a while, but seems like they're getting back into the swing of things. Hopefully we'll see them keeping GG and Fanatic on their toes in the summer season.

As for NA, looking like Curse is still stronger than Vulcun, though Vulcun is putting on a decent show so far.

9. Orbital Bee Cannon Straight Male
    IGN: Musiphe
    Server: Reboot
    Level: 277
    Guild: Epic
    Alliance: Fatal
    Colorado

Vulcan 2-1 Curse

MORE UPSETS!

10. Default Re: Na LCS Spring Playoffs

good guy reginald, fountain diving for charity

11. AFK at Ch 18 Leafre Straight Male

California

At least he got better with TF.

12. Default Re: Na LCS Spring Playoffs

Indeed, that second game of Curse vs Vulcun was pretty damn epic. I thought they'd be able to close it out for sure, but they just couldn't end it fast enough.

And as for the TSM vs GGU game, wow, if the second game is anywhere near the same as the first, it seems TSM is intent on proving they deserve the solo top spot of NA just like they did in Season 2. They did get pretty lucky with their pick off early on though, so we'll have to see how game 2 starts. I'd love to see TSM go 3-0, but I'm hoping GGU pulls themselves together and makes it a close series. Makes things in NA more interesting when there's no sure wins.

13. Default Re: Na LCS Spring Playoffs

MILES SEMPAI TOO OP
    PULLS 1ST BLOOD
    GETS 1V5ED AND WALKS AWAY WHILE NEARLY KILLING REGINALD AND BURNS HIS FLASH
    HOOKS XPECIAL AGAIN AND MELTS HIM

14. aka ClawofBeta Straight Male
    Corn's Avatar [Jr. Event Coordinator]

IGN: ClawofBeta
    Server: LoL.NA
    Level: 30
    Job: Bot Lane
    Guild: N/A
    Alliance: N/A
    New_Jersey

tsm tsm tsm tsm tsm

15. AFK at Ch 18 Leafre Straight Male

California

Wow, those scary hook/grabs by Daydreamin.

Anyways, a well fought match. GGWP

16. Default Re: Na LCS Spring Playoffs

Solid play from both teams, though TSM definitely deserved the win given their consistently above average play since they've picked up WildTurtle. Hope to see GGU continuing to fight for top spot in the Summer Season.