1. Water
    IGN: Dragon4meII
    Server: Khaini
    Level: 211
    Job: Kaiser
    Guild: Contagious
    Alliance: PityDaFool

Default Worth Using Pot Locks and Cubes?

My friend is a Nl and her bottoms has Decent HB on the 1st line of 3. Is it really wise for her to get the cube/potential lock package and chase % Luk on the other 2lines? I have been told by some its a bad idea since more than likely the best she will get is a 6% LUK line. Any input would be appreciated.

2. Nuclear testing facility Straight Male
    IGN: VerrKol
    Server: Zenith
    Level: 204
    Job: Bowmaster
    Guild: LegacyReborn
    Farm: Kolville
    usa

Default Re: Worth Using Pot Locks and Cubes?

Well it's true that you're probably only getting 6% luk on the 2nd or 3rd line at best. You certainly have a chance at 9% luk or two 6% luk lines, but those are rarer and not likely to come up in a single pack.

Whether it's worth it or not for her to use them, mostly depends on if she needs the dHB. Some people also keep spare equips for decent skills, only equipping them when they need to buff before returning to %stat equips.

3. GLADIGATORS
    IGN: Overburnd
    Level: 210
    Job: Cannoneer
    usa

This is what i do, but it is often extremely hard to do this process in the middle of battle.

4. Default Re: Worth Using Pot Locks and Cubes?

I personally wouldn't.

With the amount of meso it takes to do this, you could probably either craft the level 70 bottom to unique on first reveal then cube, or buy a DHB pants pre-cubed. I found my DHB for ~1.7 so it isn't worth it imo.

5. Default Re: Worth Using Pot Locks and Cubes?

I wouldn't waste NX locking a Decent Skill on a primary line. If it's on a secondary line, sure, it may be worth it, but on a primary line just swap it in and out like VerrKol stated. Unique Thief pants are fairly common anyway.

6. Default Re: Worth Using Pot Locks and Cubes?

Fix'd.

7. Interdimensional Rift Straight Male
    IGN: thewatch3r
    Level: 204
    Job: Lolmaster
    usa

I don't think that was the point he was making. Plus, he mains a cannoneer now...

Regardless of class it is difficult to swap out gears in the middle of a boss fight.

8. GLADIGATORS
    IGN: Overburnd
    Level: 210
    Job: Cannoneer
    usa

Default Worth Using Pot Locks and Cubes?

I think his point was if it's hard to fast-quip decents on a class with mobility, give up on it on a bucc.

9. Default Re: Worth Using Pot Locks and Cubes?

If the rest of the gear is on par with doing that elsewhere (12%+ stat) then may as well, 6% luk is better than nothing.