Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
  1. Default Re: Nintendo E3 2013 General

To say that the PS4 and next generation Xbox are merely "poor man's PCs" who will ultimately fall to the brilliance of Nintendo and their "unique playstyles" is taking it a bit far.

I'm not trying to bash Nintendo, of course. I was a Wii owner this generation, and for all intents and purposes completely ignored the PS3 and X360, as they offered basically nothing that interested me. But I'm very hopeful for Sony at the moment, as their new attitude really looks like its going to turn things around for them. That, combined with the relative ease of developing for an x86 platform, and I think we have a very solid contender this generation. Also to note, Sony has brought quite a few innovations of its own this time around: On-controller touchpad, share button, packed-in PS4 camera, lightbar, etc.

I'm very hopeful that the transition from the Cell Processor to x86 will usher in a slew of new and innovative titles. And while I'm not one to go nuts over the latest and greatest graphics, if the rumors of the Wii U being less powerful than the PS3 and X360 are true (Something I cannot confirm), then I will be severely disappointed. Its 6+ year old technology, I mean... come on. The Wii was, for all intents and purposes, a supercharged Gamecube. But it could at least blow the pants off the PS2 and the original Xbox. I hope theres a similar case to be found here. If the Wii U can at least best the previous generation, it will be decent.

2. Default Re: Nintendo E3 2013 General

No they will fall to PC gaming, Nintendo however has it's own niche and identity outside of "HEY COOL GRAPHICS WOO".

3. Default Re: Nintendo E3 2013 General

You guys seriosly think Sony can't look further enough in the business field to walk its way into an abyss and fall to PC gaming? they have been around for how long? the are one of the most powerful enterprises in the world, you think they get there being stupid?. Heck just look how they automatically started working on motion controls and touch imput as soon as they were considered interesting and promising by the market, at worst they will just flat out copy others and keep on.

Rght now I owe a PS3, but I don't stop supporting Nintendo and worrying for it. The characers and gaming experiences you get from nintendo games are something you can't get in other consoles and that ges way back before motion or touch controls. What you said is totally true, I also consider right now the only one doing it right is Nintendo. Just gaming isn't enough anymore and just better specs wont suffice when even cellphones got the power to run games like previous generation's. If you cannot find a new way to immerse players into games, that leadership the big 3 got right now will end up spreaded out through Apple, Samsung, HTC, etc.

But I also agree with this...

They have to realize that, although new ways of gaming are the future, they're not there yet. If your other ways of gaming are still not perfect now, then you can't pretend to just hold your product on that alone and sell it successfully. For that, other specs of the console should have been polished enough to make it stand out, like the OS, the game line-up, the hardware, etc., but none of that is shinning. They should also know that regular costumers can't help but compare products when there's no outstanding features that puts them apart, Nintendo was mistaken to think the pad alone was enough to accomplish that and because no game other than Zombi U has evidenced the capabilities of pad (and that one had polarized reviews) they are losing half of the market to a product that a year away from the release of theirs.

Nintendo might be a huge potency in the industry, but it is still a business set to make investments that generate profits. The charts have indeed been showing their performance not reaching the goals they have set for themselves. If this keeps going I'm sure voices will rise inside of it asking for new business model. I hope it doesn't change what we like of Nintendo right now.
    Last edited by byakugan; 2013-04-26 at 11:26 PM.

4. Default Re: Nintendo E3 2013 General

I don't think anyone thinks Sony, the company, will fall to PC gaming outshining it. Their video game console creating branch? Maybe, though unlikely. Anyone who thinks the gaming branch of Sony is all of Sony is a retard in their own respect.

And if time is a factor, I wonder what that says for Nintendo. They've been around since the 1800s, yet people are always predicting the death of Nintendo, as of late.

5. Default Re: Nintendo E3 2013 General

What I tried to say is that Sony knows well enough how to do business to avoid Sony entretaintment from crashing because people prefers PC's over consoles to play. At worst they will use their massive resources to restructure they gaming branch, sorta like Disney did with Lucas Arts recently.

6. Default Re: Nintendo E3 2013 General

Nintendo needs to focus on games that utilize the game pad. From when I first heard about it, Wii U seems pretty much ALLL about this seemingly epic game pad. But I havent seen any games that actually utilize it for something other than a map. (I didn't look in to ZombiU because i kinda avoid zombie games).

7. Default Re: Nintendo E3 2013 General

Right. Urm, I'm going have to vigorously disagree here. (As if I ever stop doing that...)

Nintendoland did a much better job of showing the boons of asymmetric gameplay and the gamepad. Yes, metroid and zelda controlled better with the wiimote, but there are always going to be games that work better with motion control than what the gamepad relying on analogue sticks can offer.

Also got a lot of use out of Boost mode (One player places blocks on the gamepad) on NSMBU with my little sister who isn't as good at mario as I am, but it still let her join in without having to worry about that.

And the rayman legends challenge app that is up right now is ungodly fun. The murphys cave challenge modes seem to be a hit with everyone I've talked to too (It's the Wii U exclusive mode. Could possibly be on vita if the rumours about a vita version are true, absolutely needs a touch screen though)

8. Default Re: Nintendo E3 2013 General

I cannot access the Home Screen at all when online with Monster Hunter. Whenever I attempt to, I get a Home Screen circle icon with a red line through it like a street sign saying not to do something. My friend has a similar experience. I have absolutely no idea how you're able to access that stuff at all.

9. Default Re: Nintendo E3 2013 General

Oh right I totally forgot about NintendoLand for some reason lol. Maybe because I've never thought it as... feeling involving? as ZombiU.

As for Rayman I thought southperry was wishing it came out the same day as GTA IV so it would inevitably fail. But since Ubisoft is one of a few supporting Nintendo with its main tittles we should maybe direct the hate on Square, Konami, Capcom or something.

10. Default Re: Nintendo E3 2013 General

I think the internet kinda got over that. I played the new demo and I think its too good to ignore. And honestly, you're right, I don't want to ignore the only 3rd party actually supporting the Wii U properly.

11. Default Re: Nintendo E3 2013 General

When people start realising that spending 500$ on videogames is ridiculous, they'll get back to PC.

Because if you have a PC it should be for other things aside from gaming, and the gaming part is just a gift from your OS. And with Steam it's on any decently spread OS.

12. Default Re: Nintendo E3 2013 General

Some games are worth $50. A first person shooter isn't worth my $50, in my opinion, and this is especially true of the Call of Duty series. It's more or less the same thing reskinned year after year in what could've easily been DLC instead.

Thats probably one of the main things that turned me off to this generation. Guns, guns, and more guns. First Person Shooters, everywhere you look... I enjoyed Turok (On N64) when I was younger, Goldeneye was okay, and Halo (the first one) was pretty decent too. But I'm not interested in this overload of FPSes. I think one of the main reasons I chose the Wii over the other two is because I knew there would be less of that.

13. Default Re: Nintendo E3 2013 General

Right there with you. Same reason why im not even considering PS4 or new Xbox.

14. Default Re: Nintendo E3 2013 General

I agree with this. First the shooters everywhere, its got to a point that it's taking over other genres. Because its easy, because its effective, because its cheap, that might be true but its keeping developers from even looking at different ways of playing or creating others. I've said it before, today's game industry is one big bubble that keeps growing bigger and will reach a point it can't support itself anymore and blow up and by this I am refering to the developing costs. I didn't know about Tomb Raider, but having to sell above 8 millon copies just to then become profitable is atrocious and the best example. At some point the gaming industry will start de-evolving to lower resolution games, it already is with the help of channels like Steam, network shops and new devices like smartphones and tablets. I just hope it doesn't go as low as all main consoles diying (not even to pineappleing PC ) and everyone ends playing on an Iphone/Ipad.

The only way I can really enjoy myself playing a shooter is when the other elements of the game are as good as the shooting, for example Fallout 3.

15. Default Re: Nintendo E3 2013 General

Ok. Time for a slight change of subject. Here's what WiiUDaily has confirmed that Nintendo will show off this year at E3 for the Wii U:

• Wii Fit U
    • Bayonetta 2
    • Pokemon Rumble U
    • Yarn Yoshi
    • Pikmin 3
    • Mario Kart Wii U
    • Super Smash Bros Wii U
    • 3D Super Mario
    • Zelda Wind Waker HD
    • Brand new Wii U Zelda game

Can't seem to find a list on what 3DS games they'll be showcasing there though.

16. Default Re: Nintendo E3 2013 General

I'M SORRY. I CAN'T HEAR ANYTHING ELSE OVER THE SOUND OF AWESOME.

17. Default Re: Nintendo E3 2013 General

Never heard of this site before, and they're clearly a crockpot of made up crap (And neogaf hype train pictures with the "Neogaf" badly edited out).

A brand new Zelda on Wii U hasn't been mentioned for E3 at all. Plus when it DOES finally get shown, it won't look anything like the upresed twilight princess game we saw.

The rest we've known for months.

18. Default Re: Nintendo E3 2013 General

ohboy.jpg

And I'm betting those Wii U titles that they'll be discussing before E3 will be showing off at E3 too.

19. Default Re: Nintendo E3 2013 General

Not much hope for Summer tittles...

high hopes for Fall tittles.

Maybe that second Direct was delayed to after Microsoft conference so they can rearrange their cards from whatever they present.