1. Default Are pet loot packages worth getting?

So here's the breakdown of the loot packages I might get for my pet:
    - Item Pouch
    - Mesos Magnet (maybe)
    - Wing Boots
    - Binocular

I'm wondering if it's worth getting for pets to loot. I usually take advantage of events but looting items seems so hard manually for killing.

Also, another question is, when you use attacking skills do the pets search the map and loot for you? Such as Chain Lightning lets say since CL doesn't require moving to attack and if you kill mobs within a close range and they drop something, do the pets loot that item?

I feel like it's too hard to loot items in general when it comes to events. What pet is best to get that will loot it the best? I don't want to pay too much for this package.

2. Default Re: Are pet loot packages worth getting?

That's what Wing Boots are for, I think. Says so in the description.

It's actually possible to re-earn the cost of the pet+package just by pet looting all the mesos and drops, but I leave this to the people who do have a pet and their eq.

Hadriel

3. Orbital Bee Cannon
    IGN: SaptaZapta
    Server: Kradia
    Level: 275
    Job: Hero
    Guild: Matriarchy
    Alliance: Peaceful

Default Re: Are pet loot packages worth getting?

All pets loot equally well, as far as I know.

And no, they won't search the map. The pet stays within a short distance of you. The distance is somewhat longer with wing boots, and even longer with binoculars (on top of the wing boots), but neither one will let them go as far as CL reaches. You're still going to have to go around to map to pick everything up, but it will be much faster and without pain for your pick-up finger.

4. Default Re: Are pet loot packages worth getting?

I only bother with Item Pouch. Wings and Binoculars are nice but not necessary. Meso Magnet is a waste because you won't make back what it costs just from looting mesos.

5. Default Re: Are pet loot packages worth getting?

So if I'm attacking (whether it's a long ranged or short ranged skill that requires moving or not), it will not loot for you even if the drop is really close?

I don't really like Meso Magnet the way how mobs don't drop enough mesos even SH or h
    Well hopefully it is. I'm usually trying to hoard Evo coins and maybe other decent junk that drops from mobs during events.

Also, @everyone: Which pet should I get for this? I prefer cheap one and I remember I used to have a pet before but I stopped using it after I barely gained even 5 mil off looting (with only Magnet and pouch)?

6. Default Re: Are pet loot packages worth getting?

The pet will move around you as long as you're not actually moving to a different position. If you move to a different position, even a little, the pet will revert to "follow you" behavior.

Whatever you want. It doesn't matter really.

7. Orbital Bee Cannon

If the drops are close, the pet will loot them. You don't need to stop attacking for that, if that's what you meant to ask.

8. Default Re: Are pet loot packages worth getting?

If you want to cheap out on buying a pet there's always the Blackheart pet that you can get from Hilla. Although it could take a while to get one of the boxes to spit one out for you.

9. Default Re: Are pet loot packages worth getting?

What's the chance of getting a box from Hilla or even the pet?
    Dam! If I'm trying to fight monsters continuously then that's hard to keep up with it then :(

10. Default Re: Are pet loot packages worth getting?

The boxes aren't very rare at all if you use a Big Spider/2x drop, but it always seems to give me the pet equip rather than the actual pet. I don't go often enough to know how rare it is but a lot of people seem to have it so it can't be that rare.

11. Default Re: Are pet loot packages worth getting?

With just Meso Magnet and Item Pouch, your pet will collect anything that it passes through when it follows behind you. i.e You will have to move around and physically travel over the drops to get the pet to walk over the item and pick it up. If you are attacking and the drop happens to land on top of the pet, then yes, it will pick it up. The pet will not move around on its own.

With Wing Boots, the pet will walk around you to pick up the drops on its own ONLY when you're standing still. If you move just a little, the pet will stop what it's doing and start following you again.

With Binoculars, the range where the pet will move around when you're standing still is increased.

12. Default Re: Are pet loot packages worth getting?

Will also add on another point that, the pet's position isn't effected by wing boots. Let's say you have 3 pets, it won't loot further behind you just because you stuck it on the pet behind you, same thing for front pet. It goes a certain distance from you only and not by the starting position of the pet. Kinda makes me sad to know I bought 2 pet item loot pouches for nothing even though I grabbed wing boots for fun lol. This was years ago though, not worth messing around with expiring ones. I only find wing boots mostly useful for Evo world though.

13. Default Re: Are pet loot packages worth getting?

Let's put it this way. If you're not power-leveling at HoH or LHC, but rather killing mobs (1/2-shotting) at say... ToT, then you will have so many mob kills in one hour while on the move that you'll kill and loot at the same time. Even if you do so at Aliens, that's about 20-25 mobs per spawn, so about 15k per spawn if meso drop rate is 60% (depends on your drop rate and stuff) and about 1k per sack of meso drop. An hour gives you... hmm... 10 second spawn cycle would mean about 7 million at 80% looting efficiency. It usually is less than this number, but at places with sellable etc. drops it goes up by quite a bit. It all depends on whether you care about the mesoes or the drops, or both.

And obviously the longer you take to kill a mob, the less mobs you kill and therefore the less drops you get per unit time. If you're high leveled and can't train much at say ToT for time efficiency, then you must consider what you want and what you need.

Hadriel

14. Default Re: Are pet loot packages worth getting?

So everyone, thankyou all for your help.

My question remains, should I buy the Boots/Binoculars with the Item Pouch or should I buy only the Item pouch alone?

Also, what pet equips does Hilla Pet box have inside?

15. Orbital Bee Cannon

Personally, I recommend getting the Wing Boots only. I find the pet's behavior with Item Pouch alone to be quite irritating: you pretty much have to walk it to every dropped item, and at its own speed. The difference with the Boots is remarkable. The difference with the Binoculars, however, is barely noticeable.

Or you can get the Item Pouch alone, and try it out. If it's good enough, stick with that. If it's too slow or annoying, add the Boots.

16. Default Re: Are pet loot packages worth getting?

Anything that isn't permanent isn't worth it, but that's just my opinion.

Meso Magnet will net you a few mil here and there when you're training at non party play areas. It's nice but doesn't come anywhere near to recovering the cost of the NX.

Item Pouch alone isn't terribly useful, because the pet only follows your movement. That means that you often have to go out of your way to get the pet to loot. Plus, the pet will not loot any items near the edges of the maps, which is sometimes where all the loot gets stuck. I would recommend Item Pouch + Wing Boots for event farming, since no matter how fast your internet is, the pet is faster at looting large amounts of loot in the same place. I can stand still next to the "vac machine" in Evo link 3 and my pet will loot 90% of all the drops on its own (the other ~10% drops onto the bottom or top platforms).

Binoculars provides a minimal range boost which is barely noticeable. I would say that Magic Scales are more useful; if you're hunting in a party with a friend, the pet will loot items dropped from others.

17. Default Re: Are pet loot packages worth getting?

I've only owned the Boots/Binoculars on my Night Lord, and this was a few years ago, they came in a cheap package. Anyway. I didn't really like them enough to spend money on them again. When they say "it only works when you're not moving", it's not just a minor thing - you won't get loot from the full limit of distance unless you stand still and wait for about 5 seconds. As soon as you move, it goes back to 'follow' mode until it's close to you and you've been standing still for a second, then it heads back to loot more stuff.

If your character doesn't have stance, or huge avoid, then every time you get KB'd the pet has to run back to you before trying to loot more.

The actual range covered by it is also about as large as a melee attack - it's not going to go looting stuff you can hit with a ranged character, it's just not stuck standing right behind you.

Personally I can live with having to walk the pet over everything - it at least moves quickly. The wing boots are slow cause they only activate after you stand still.

18. Orbital Bee Cannon

Not sure what you're talking about, @Stereo; My pet loots while I'm walking just fine. The only time it misses stuff is if I move too fast too far, and it needs to teleport to reach me. And then it misses the stuff it teleported over, not the stuff around me even if I'm still moving.

19. Neon Atom Gay Male
    IGN: Sylvananna
    Server: El Nido
    Level: 210
    Job: Mercedes
    Guild: LegacyReborn
    Alliance: Muse
    Farm: Farm
    canada

I'd suggest adding in the wing boots at least, if only for corner drops. Since your pet won't ever walk infront of you on its own, (unless you have multi pet, and then I don't know how the looting works) it's irritating to get them to pick up drops that end up in the corner of a map. By having wing boots, your pet will walk into the corner to loot when you're close. This helps if you're a class that rushes a lot.