Nion's Avatar [Jr. Event Coordinator]

IGN: GreenTeaSip
    Server: Scania
    Job: Hero
    Guild: Symbolism
    Alliance: Lore
    Farm: Symbolism
    California

Default What bans in your division/tier?

Everytime I go into normal draft or ranked games in silver, it seems to me that the following are banned all the time:

• Shen
    • Malphite
    • Hecarim
    • Amumu
    • Blitzcrank
    • Thresh

I was wondering if it's the same for Gold, Bronze, and whatnot.

2. Default Re: What bans in your division/tier?

Shen is overrated. Not worth banning at all. Thresh, Amumu, Hecarim, and Zac, however, are always must-bans imo

3. Default Re: What bans in your division/tier?

I agree with Asen, those are the musts for me (unless im using thresh or a teammate is and I can first pick it for him). Sometimes Ill ban people who are annoying to deal with tho.

4. AFK at Ch 18 Leafre Straight Male
    Nion's Avatar [Jr. Event Coordinator]

IGN: GreenTeaSip
    Server: Scania
    Job: Hero
    Guild: Symbolism
    Alliance: Lore
    Farm: Symbolism
    California

Default Re: What bans in your division/tier?

Are there any other champions other than the ones mentioned that would be worth a ban?

5. Neutron Straight Male
    IGN: godrocker
    Server: Khaini
    Level: 181
    Job: Where's My Ship
    Guild: Osmoga
    Alliance: Fjords
    Farm: Elosia

Elise mehbe.

6. Nuclear testing facility Straight Male
    IGN: VerrKol
    Server: Zenith
    Level: 204
    Job: Bowmaster
    Guild: LegacyReborn
    Farm: Kolville
    usa

I'd say blitz, malph, and amumu are permabans.

Shen is annoying , but not particularly OP. I have no real problems against most thresh, but his lantern can be killer when paired with gap closers like Xin Zhao's E->Q combo.

Other good bans are Elise, Xin Zhao, Cho'Gath, and Hecarim

7. Default Re: What bans in your division/tier?

Shen is good if you can coordinate and make good plays with him, in solo q right now he's more or less your free saver every few minute right now

8. Orbital Bee Cannon
    IGN: GatlingPunch
    Server: Bellocan
    Level: 200
    Job: Gear 2nd Pirate
    Guild: Virtues
    Alliance: NARs

Thank you guys for giving me hated champions to play in LoL.

9. Default Re: What bans in your division/tier?

I usually just ban blitz, and whatever I don't feel like playing against (usually elise and/or kayle since I'm playing singed). Stealth champions are pretty high up there (mainly Shaco, pineapple good shaco players).
    For the usual top 4 (excluding blitz) silver bans:
    -Shen's impact in the game can be countered by anyone that can push the lane hard. He uses ult? Take his tower.
    -Malphite only OP thing is his ult, and that's about it. Other than that, his kit is decent.
    -Alistar, people don't know how to WQ right, gets shut down by poke heavy supports.
    -Amumu, don't stand together (but people are stupid), counterjungle that pineappleer if he's in the jungle.

10. Default Re: What bans in your division/tier?

As a Bronze player, the usual four are Blitzcrank, Shen, Amumu, and Malphite. The fifth and sixth ones are usually tossups, some of the usual ones include Akali and Darius. I don't see Thresh being banned as often though, even though people say that he serves the "puller" role better than Blitz.

11. Default Re: What bans in your division/tier?

No, Thresh is just ridiculously broken because he has a pull with a passive that does a pomegranate ton of damage in lane, a knockback in any direction, sustain AND a get out of jail free card via his lantern and an ult that is basically a snare. He's just incredibly stupid

12. Default Re: What bans in your division/tier?

In dominion tournament draft we usually run bans along these lines:

Chat bans(Permaban status, won't see the light of day unless someone has to target ban):
    Kassadin
    Khazix
    Jayce
    Nidalee

Game bans(Less gamebreaking than previous list, but are still OP as pineapple):
    Amumu
    Wukong
    Elise
    Eve
    Lulu

13. Default Re: What bans in your division/tier?

At bronze II we ban Shen, Shaco, Amumu, and Blitzcrank. I haven't played in a while so I presume the old Darius bans are out and Thresh bans are in. Other people ban Malphite but I usually don't care.

14. Default Re: What bans in your division/tier?

There are three approaches I see to bans in Bronze/Silver:
    1. Banning counterpicks of your champion, or matchups you don't know how to deal with
    2. Banning difficult to deal with champions (Amumu, Shen, etc - champions that can be countered but will capitalize on mistakes or bad team comps)
    3. Banning popular picks (Lux, Akali, etc) - I do this on occassion just because I'm sick of seeing Lux every other game.

15. Default Re: What bans in your division/tier?

Gold:

Hecarim
    Blitz
    Thresh
    Nasus
    Amumu

Last ban changes often from Elise, Zac, and Volibear. Don't see too many Shen/Malphite bans any more.

16. Default Re: What bans in your division/tier?

Plat 5 now and I am usually banning;

Zac
    Twisted Fate
    Zed
    Hec
    Kayle
    rest of the usual bans