1. Default How to buy items above Max Mesos?

Ok, I have a question.
    Recently I got to the point that in order to upgrade my equips I need to get items that are worth 2.1b+.
    For some time I've considered on buying an item that is worth 8b. I already have the money. (4 mules with max mesos each )

But how exactly do you trade 1 item for 8b?
    I know you put max mesos and items equal to the remaining sum. But what type of items do people mostly use? or want?
    I was thinking of MW30 since they are worth like 450-500 on Bera, but that's not enough. Stacks of MMB's won't work either.
    Another option is with 2H Pink scrolls, but the prices here in Bera are not consistent and I'm afraid that it would make me spend more than 8b.

I really miss the time when WS were tradeable/existed.. I bought my empress gun clean with 65-70 WS at 60-65m that time, or when Secret Spell Scrolls were around. (Actually, nvm, those were actually too good to keep.)

So for those who have bought items above 8b+, how do you do it?

Thanks in advance and sorry for grammar or spelling mistakes.

2. Donator Straight Male
    IGN: ShinkuDragon HoukaPhoenix BoshokuRaven
    Server: Scania
    Level: 152
    Job: Batman
    Guild: IDissOrtis
    panama

Default Re: How to buy items above Max Mesos?

you tell the person, and ask what item they'd use/if they agree to use X item, and then use that.

make sure to agree on the value of the item you're using as collateral though! in scania it seems 4% nebs are the most used

3. Flatpanel TV
    IGN: HarbingerLey
    Server: Mardia
    Level: 203
    Job: Demon Slayer
    Guild: [L]ittleBusters
    Farm: Dominion
    usa

You just have to offer something that can sell easily or is stable in price.

4. Default Re: How to buy items above Max Mesos?

I'm not sure if I understand, (Sorry ) do you mean using collateral like when people were renting decent skills?
    Nebs seems to be a stable item, but the 4% Nebs here in Bera are very rare and the ones I always see just say "offer". ._.

EDIT: or yea, maybe I should just talk to the seller. Maybe he already has a way to do it.
    Yea, the problem is that I'm having a hard time knowing which items to use.

5. Default Re: How to buy items above Max Mesos?

When you use collateral you're supposed to buy the items back from them so that they end up with pure meso without having to resell anything else.

6. Default Re: How to buy items above Max Mesos?

I never thought buying items would be so difficult. So, if I take the route of collateral, besides the 8b in pure mesos I also need 8b worth of tradeable items. We trade the equip for my items and then I just start buying my items back? ._. Ok, I guess that's too much for me. Maybe I should wait until Nexon raises the meso cap. x.x

7. Default Re: How to buy items above Max Mesos?

You can also buy collateral from the seller then trade all the collateral for the item.

8. Default Re: How to buy items above Max Mesos?

I just realized something. We have No-Boom AEE, maybe the seller would trade the item for 4 of those scrolls. (Considering on Bera they are 2b each)

Btw, thanks for all the replies.

9. Default Re: How to buy items above Max Mesos?

That's a bit risky though, because they can run after you've bought their "collateral".

10. Default Re: How to buy items above Max Mesos?

But it's only a slight inconvenience if the collateral is worth the amount you're paying (If it isn't, you're an idiot) because you don't actually lose anything on it.

11. Orbital Bee Cannon
    IGN: SaptaZapta
    Server: Kradia
    Level: 275
    Job: Hero
    Guild: Matriarchy
    Alliance: Peaceful

"Slight inconvenience"? idk, for me, ending up without the item I wanted, and having to sell a bunch of big-ticket items, is more than a "slight" inconvenience. Maybe for someone who's merching anyway, it doesn't really matter.

12. Donator Straight Male
    IGN: ShinkuDragon HoukaPhoenix BoshokuRaven
    Server: Scania
    Level: 152
    Job: Batman
    Guild: IDissOrtis
    panama

better than ending without both however, which is what he's stating. in scania for example, if i wanted to buy something, and got "scammed" and ended with 4% all stat nebs, it wouldn't be too big of an issue selling them, and that's from someone who doesn't step into the FM

13. Default Re: How to buy items above Max Mesos?

Well, I actually spoke with the seller and he requested doing what MountLag said: I bought from him 20 2h 50% pink scrolls and after I bought all of them I trade them for the item. It was very simple and fast.
    Nevertheless, thank you very much for the suggestions. :)