2. Interdimensional Rift Straight Male
    IGN: thewatch3r
    Server: Khaini
    Level: 204
    Job: Lolmaster
    Guild: Contagious
    usa

Default Re: Shooter on MIT campus

Holy s'hit. Pretty soon after the U.S. Senate didn't pass background checks for gun laws. I wonder what affect this will have on all the proceedings and how the media will portray this.

Scary stuff guys.

Edit: Sorry @FenixR;, I didn't mean to pomegranate on both your posts, just the second one... Dam iphone...
    Last edited by CrazyForDex; 2013-04-19 at 12:04 AM. Reason: Screwed up

3. Certified Pimento Bi Male
    IGN: xxxxFenixR
    Server: Bera
    Level: Mix
    Job: Severals
    Guild: None
    Alliance: Nada
    Farm: Wut?
    venezuela

I'm one of the people that says that Guns don't kill people, People kill people. Guns are just a tool, and if you forbid the psychos from getting guns to go on their psycho spree then you just are making them get more creative on how to kill a lot of people.

And seriously, that gun thing although not entirely bad per se, its just like treating the symptoms instead of the underlying disease. Also Background checks? Although good i don't think it paints the whole picture, i would honest suggest that Psychiatric evaluation to get a gun would be better, a total nobody could suddenly decide to get Crazy and a background check won't help with that.

4. Orbital Bee Cannon
    IGN: SaptaZapta
    Server: Kradia
    Level: 275
    Job: Hero
    Guild: Matriarchy
    Alliance: Peaceful

Please don't let's turn this into a gun control debate. We've had enough of those and they never end well.

5. Certified Pimento Bi Male
    IGN: xxxxFenixR
    Server: Bera
    Level: Mix
    Job: Severals
    Guild: None
    Alliance: Nada
    Farm: Wut?
    venezuela

If anyone disagrees with me i promise to keep my responses to 3 more posts then forget about the thread

6. Default Re: Shooter on MIT campus

http://www.southperry.net/showthread.php?t=61873&page=4&post=65
    Post 65. I can't quote him.
    I couldn't remember the name of the shooting so I googled "December 2013 shooting", a lot of results.
    However, it's indeed a weird week because it hasn't been only shootings...
    Good luck to everyone out there :/

7. Default Re: Shooter on MIT campus

Welp my town goes from safe to hellhole in one week great...

For those who want to listen: http://www.broadcastify.com/listen/feed/6254/web

8. AFK at Ch 18 Leafre Straight Male
    Nion's Avatar [Jr. Event Coordinator]

IGN: GreenTeaSip
    Server: Scania
    Job: Hero
    Guild: Symbolism
    Alliance: Lore
    Farm: Symbolism
    California

Well this week has been strange. Bombings, shootings, explosions... My friend's university got shut down because of an apparent bomb threat as well.

9. Default Re: Shooter on MIT campus

10. Helium Atom Straight Female
    IGN: Cozmose
    Server: Windia
    Level: 200
    Job: Luminous
    Guild: Enthralling
    Alliance: Provocative
    usa

So the shooter was the first suspect of the Boston Marathon bombing, and was killed during the gunfight. Now Watertown and the surrounding towns are on lockdown because of a manhunt for the second suspect, who is the brother of the killed suspect. They're supposedly from Chechnya, and they somehow managed to get into the US last year - nobody seems to know how they got in, whether it was legal or illegally.

Now I've got people flailing that this is a sign the world is ending. ==

11. Interdimensional Rift Straight Male
    IGN: thewatch3r
    Server: Khaini
    Level: 204
    Job: Lolmaster
    Guild: Contagious
    usa

Wow this really escalated quickly. You would think that they would lay low after the Boston bombing and not go hold up a 7-Eleven and get into a police shootout.

12. Default Re: Shooter on MIT campus

Last edited by Zelkova; 2013-04-19 at 01:33 PM.

13. Default Re: Shooter on MIT campus

The younger brother is alive and in custody. Hoping they figure out why in the hell they did this.

14. Default Re: Shooter on MIT campus

The fact that the two brothers practice Islam is unsettling. I'm sure people are going to jump at that angle.

15. Donator Straight Female
    IGN: icephoenix21
    Server: Scania
    Level: 212
    Job: Bishop
    Guild: DremithCross
    Alliance: Evolution
    Farm: IcePhoenix
    canada

What their reasoning behind this may not even have anything to do with their beliefs. Or maybe it has. People are more than likely going to, as you said "jump at that angle".

I know there are some muslim extremists that believe that for the Muslim version of end times to begin, the world must be in chaos for their version of a "Messiah" to return. So, they go about creating as much chaos as they can to hasten his return...not saying that this is the case here, but it could be something to that extent.

Regardless of their intent, I'm sure it will be misconstrued somehow, which will in turn make people less accepting of the Islamic culture. That being said (and to clarify before I get a million pomegranates), there are going to be extremists in any sort of "religion" (take Westboro Baptist for example), not just Islam, and I am not bashing on the Islamic belief system.

16. Default Re: Shooter on MIT campus

Westboro Baptists don't go around blowing people up.

17. Default Re: Shooter on MIT campus

If explosion was in the bible, in any context, I'm sure they'd find a way to make a legitimate "teaching"

18. ᗧ · · · ᗣ · · · ᗣ ᗣ Straight Male
    IGN: Helsinki
    Server: MYBCKN
    Level: 220
    Job: Aran
    Guild: Friends
    Alliance: Unbreakable
    finland

So it turned out that the older brother, 26 had become a radical muslim and somehow dragged his younger brother, 19 in who was described as a normal, not very religious student.

So it was indeed islamistic from what it seems now, although I honestly expected it to be some American like the Batman- and elementary shooters.

19. Default

Brilliant.

20. Default Re: Shooter on MIT campus

The most f`ucked up part was for the entire week he was partying and attending his classes. Holy crap that kid is a psychopath.