Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234
  1. Default Re: No additional options?

Aren't they only obtained through an event though? So that would make only having 1-2 not nearly as bad as having an infinite supply of them.

Again, I would much rather not have them at all, much like AO. But through some backwards methods I have in my head I just don't see them nearly as bad. (I honestly couldn't explain it to you. It's some weird fixation in my head. :/)

2. Default Re: No additional options?

Made me laugh so hard.

I'm mostly happy for no AOs because now I won't feel 'left behind' if I decided against adding flames to my equips in order to keep them tradeable. The biggest worry for tradeability for me, aside from the fact that I like to switch characters around pretty often, is the fact that if an item has say 2/3 scissors left before it becomes permanently untradeable it'll be worth significantly less if you ever wanted to resell it.

I'm now wondering just how different our Unlimited will be compared to KMS', since Girasol has said the PDR/boss stats aren't going to be the same either. I hope the bosses are still buffed significantly.

On that note though, KMS' Unlimited did have some pretty awful additions. Removing boss expeditions and making boss timers 30 minutes for example is really bad, I'd love to have more reason to play with large groups of people (at least if it wasn't so difficult finding people anyway) and having a maximum of 6 people in a boss fight seems kind of low. Maybe I'm still stuck in the days of Zakum/Horntail/Pink Bean expeditions but I loved boss fights like that and I would hate to see them go, even if they're rare now, losing the possibility for them to ever happen would be pretty disappointing.

I'm really excited that GMS is doing it differently seeing as how much of a let down Unlimited was in KMS. Hopefully they can turn that around. I'm pretty confident they'll make it work.

3. Default Re: No additional options?

Do you still agree on buffing the bosses on dojo? Because it'd be completely nuts to clear if they do the changes they made in KMS. Unless, of course, they let teams... compete... for the best times...

Ok, that sounds quite cool. More people get gloves, fun to do with people, and completely original. But that's not what unlimite brought though.

As you said, what they did horribly wrong was promoting party play and then limiting the number of people inside. That's just a low blow.

4. Default Re: No additional options?

I feel as if I have to re-iterate that they are much, much worse. And the event that gave them out was a challenge to pass 13 on a single equip, so they gave out a ton, it wasn't as limited as you seem to think it is.. On day one of the event in kMS, they gave out 10, then 3 on the next day, then another 3, and then I don't know, but I'm pretty sure it was 1 for each of the remaining days. That's just for logging in during the event. They drop from bosses, you can buy them from the Event shop, 1 for 10 coins, 3 for 25 coins, one free with a shielding ward package, the supply is basically infinite, especially if you can afford to straight up buy them from the cash shop. Except, unlike additional options, it costs money to get a good bonus from MEEs, and the more you can afford to spend, the better your equips become, since the bonuses increase per star. Tyrant equips are pretty OP, but there's only 3 of them, this makes it so all your equips are as good as Tyrant equips, and unlike Tyrant equips, you can go up to 12 stars instead of only 7, especially on weapons. If you have a 200atk Empress weapon, the 6th star on an equip is +5atk because it's 200atk+, +8 atk because that's how much the 6th star of a level 140 superior equip would get, +1 atk because for some reason weapons just get an extra attack for the attack stars. So from one star, you get 14atk on a 200atk weapon instead of just 5atk from what a regular enhancement would give.

Additional options aren't nearly as bad, and they're really not all that bad at all. Everyone gets stronger, and it's completely free, unless you want to go out of your way to maintain tradeability, in which case you'd have to re-cube.

Additional options have a bad rep because MEEs came out around the same time and people assumed the stats were because of additional options, but they weren't (and also tradeability, which really is an issue, but not as big as people make it out to be.)

5. Default Re: No additional options?

Oh, my. Well thanks for re-iterating. I thought it was like the stamp event where it was 1 for completing thirteen days of attendance. Guess I was wrong, and even more wrong in the end. Thanks for that. And sorry. @_@"

6. Default Re: No additional options?

I'm not sure exactly how much the Dojo bosses were buffed (somewhere around 10/20x their current HP?) but it does seem like quite a lot... I'll welcome the change if they do so though, Dojo is currently more about timing between stages than actually fighting, and I think that's pretty dumb. Dojo used to be party based and I thought that was pretty entertaining, I'd love for that to happen again. Having a party mode as an option at least would be awesome.

On the topic of Unlimited changes, I wish that we'd get some form of Guild PQ, or a guild expedition or something... GPQ was so much fun. It's horrible depressing that KMS still hasn't done anything about a new one and we haven't had it for years now.

edit: wow @ above, I had no idea MEEs were that easy to get. I thought they only way to get them was through the event/shielding ward pack in the Cash Shop. @iAmFear; is the MEEs dropping from bosses part of an event, or is that a permanent addition?

7. Default Re: No additional options?

Just for the event.

Hmm, as far as I can tell, it's pretty much exactly the same, unless they're using a new set of Mobs or they can somehow change HP on the server side, Hard Mu Gong has 188m HP, which is what it has now. Explains why there's still like 6 minute dojo times in kMS, though.

8. Default Re: No additional options?

@iAmFear;

Soo..(assuming we get these inif I wanted to have my equips stay "up to date" or however you would like to word it, am I going to have to innocence my stuff, re-scroll it, and enhance it with miraculous equip enhancement scrolls? Or do they only work on empress or something. I saw you post in your original thread about these that they might only work on empress, and then you showed a tempest ring enhanced by them or something. I'm a bit confused haha

9. Default Re: No additional options?

Yes, luckily, you get a free 60% Innocence Scroll on the first day of the event, and they were also added to the Winter event shop. They don't only work on Empress, what I meant by that is that the first table of stats on my post only applies to 140 equips.

10. Default Re: No additional options?

Oooh gotcha. Sad to hear, but thanks for the info!

11. Default Re: No additional options?

I lost it at the "Constellation" bit.

But, I agree with this post 100%.

12. Interdimensional Rift Straight Male
    IGN: thewatch3r
    Server: Khaini
    Level: 204
    Job: Lolmaster
    Guild: Contagious
    usa

Default Re: No additional options?

Well if these come to GMS my weapon is screwed, but there is hope for my other equips. Nexon really needs to either make protects cheaper or make it possible to acquire them in game. 10k a piece is just crazy

13. Default Re: No additional options?

They're 5.5k, now, though they usually come on sale for 4.4k each, I think

14. Interdimensional Rift Straight Male
    usa

In GMS? When did that happen?

Same idea for superior protect scrolls. Those are 9.9k and that seems pretty high, although the return is great.

15. Default Re: No additional options?

For a while now, since November, I believe.

If you check the cash shop specials for the last time they were out: http://maplestory.nexon.net/shop/spe...cials-2-27-3-5

It lists shielding ward as 20% off with its regular price being 5.5k

16. Interdimensional Rift Straight Male
    usa

Well jeez. I feel more oblivious than usual. I probably didn't take note of the sale because we don't have MEEs yet lol.

Thanks for the clarification

17. Default Re: No additional options?

Around the time Protection Scrolls were mass duped they lowered the price of Shielding Wards quite a lot, they used to be 11.9k each and dropped down to 5.5k, and are currently 20% off at 4.4k. I'd love a way of obtaining Protection Scrolls/Shield Scrolls in-game without the use of NX, but I don't think that'll ever happen.

ninja'd by like 5 minutes, lern2refresh
    Last edited by Mazz; 2013-04-18 at 12:11 PM. Reason: stupid