1. GLADIGATORS
    IGN: Overburnd
    Server: Khaini
    Level: 210
    Job: Cannoneer
    Guild: Contagious
    usa

Default Re: No additional options?

The point was that with no additional options, and the obvious reality of power creep needing to be filled, there needs to be some upgrade that they're going to make, and the popular opinion is now nebs, which as he said would be somewhat NX dependent.

2. Default Re: No additional options?

Imo, we don't really know if this is a good or bad change. It could be a good sign; if NexonNA decided that we don't need AO, that could mean that the bosses won't be changed as radically as KMS' was. Though, it could also be a bad omen, Nexon deciding to give us impossible bosses with nothing to combat it. Personally, I want to lean toward the former.

3. Default Re: No additional options?

Ah, alright then.

Not really sure what to think or say about (the incoming GMS version of) Unlimited or any of its changes at the moment due to its differences from the KMS version.

4. Default Re: No additional options?

Theory: They're trying to fix power creep. And by doing this, lessen the gap between the players.

@Girasol; could you comment on this possibly?

Also to everyone that apparently doesn' t know. Girasol is female.

5. Interdimensional Rift Straight Male
    IGN: thewatch3r
    Level: 204
    Job: Lolmaster
    usa

Judging by the current state of the game and Nexon's track record, I pretty strongly feel that this is impossible.

6. Default Re: No additional options?

Miraculous Equip Enhancements are a MUCH bigger issue than additional options. I'd wait to see if we get them before making any judgements about power creep.

7. Default Re: No additional options?

Considering they lost 23% of their profits, in NA. I think it's time they shifted towards this motion unless they wanted their company, in NA, to go under.

I do agree with you. But if we don't have AO. I don't see much of a point for MEE's.

8. GLADIGATORS
    usa

Lack of one has no effect on the existence of the other, imo.

9. Neon Atom Male
    IGN: WaxMuseum
    Server: Galicia
    Level: 200
    Job: Captain
    Guild: UniquePwns
    Alliance: Miracle
    australia

What does the AO system have to do with MEEs?

10. Default Re: No additional options?

Wooh.... why does the power creep need to be filled. How about making new mobs that are dificult in their own way. Like along the lines root abyss but not entirely (no point in mp or avoid with % attacks -_-). The enormas power creep is probably what is destroying their profits now.

11. Default Re: No additional options?

All theory crafting here until it officially happens. But at this rate, can't a man possibly dream? Besides, MEE's aren't that bad with AO out of the system, but not having them would be great too.

12. Default Re: No additional options?

?

MEEs are almost completely responsible for all the godly equips in kMS since the end of January. They don't rely on the additional option system, which is nothing in comparison to the stats you can get from MEEs. 3 stars and you've already surpassed the stats you can get from additional options, at least on Empress stuff, baring the few percent all stats you might get.

13. GLADIGATORS
    usa

Default No additional options?

I'm totally fine with never having mees regardless of AO or not.

14. Default Re: No additional options?

AWFUL IDEA, sorry for the caps, but is awful since without Aditional option we can't survive in Unlimited.... unless GMS won't release Unlimited too...

15. Default Re: No additional options?

with what Girasol said. if we get Unlimited its in name only. It seems like we arent getting the Ignore pdr and HP changes that KMS got. Think GMS got wayyyy to many people saying they will quit and with loss in revenues already. wouldn't be the smartest idea to implement it in its full. I myself would definitely take a break after that. The Ignore PDR change was just too much for me.

though I am not entirely sure what MEE's are. I dont know about anyone else But i could care less about how strong someone else is. I care more about is it possible for me to even fight this boss. which in a lot of cases is no, just because of how cheap/broken they are.

16. Interdimensional Rift Straight Male
    IGN: thewatch3r
    Level: 204
    Job: Lolmaster
    usa

We are going to get a different version. Right now we really don't know about a lot of what is headed our way.

17. Default Re: No additional options?

I'd like at least some changes to PDR system, since its so easy to obtain 100% without potential at this point.

Example:

- 90% of all classes has some way of increasing their ignore def from 20% to 40%
    - Crusader codex gives 30% once you manage to obtain leafre set
    - Luminous link will give you 15%
    - Pirate char card set gives you 6% for S set

This means you're already up to 70-90% PDR without even cubing your weapon for PDR, makes the system kinda useless if everyone can achieve 100% that easily.

18. Default Re: No additional options?

I don't understand the fixation some of you guys have with additional options.

It's not as game breaking as some of you guys seem to think it is. Like an hour after I logged on after Unlimited in kMS, I had a +36 or something STR level 90 warrior top, and you know, since I didn't flame it and it's not 140, I can trade it as much as I please. Even additional options on 150 equips are still in the 20~50 range, they just have more of them, and unless you're Xenon, there's not really much of a point in having like 40 stats in every stat anywaay. Even attack isn't that much. I found a 3atk level 90 overall, the highest above clean Empress equip I've seen was like, 6atk above. It doesn't make much of a difference whether you're using Empress or level 110 or 100 or 90 gear, the difference in stats between equips is pretty much the same as before.

It's not the additional options that made post-Unlimited bossing possible. They were already taking down bosses when Unlimited started and doing like 5m+ hits. Do you really think with what little time they had, they flamed their equips for the best possible stats or alternatively, hunted for, scrolled, and flamed new equips? Those people were probably already that strong, but you know, damage cap.

For people who are seriously dedicated to one character, they can flame their equips as much as they want to get the stats you want, but honestly, how many of you are gonna trade your best equips more than 5, or 10, or 20 times, anyway? Especially weapons, how many times are you gonna trade the new weapon types that are pretty much exclusive to one class? I understand it's nice to have the option to trade, my best equips are pretty much all fully tradeable, but it's not like you're forced to use flamed equips either. You still have the option of hunting for new equips as well (except Empress, which sucks, but hey, what can you do?), and re-cubing, which, almost too good to be coincidental, is much easier with the free cubes dropping from bosses, like Zak, Normal Hilla, and HT that weren't changed, so you could go on killing them to cube your equips, though only to epic, not to mention the few Unique Pot Scroll events, if you're really that dedicated to having tradeable equips.

Not to mention, despite all the nasty rep Additional Options has with making things untradeable, they made having tradeable decent skill items possible.

Additional options was pretty much a completely free upgrading system that gave you a few extra stats, it does little to the huge gap between players, but at least it's an overall upgrade for everyone.

Any equip you use it on acts like it's a Superior equip based on level. Root Abyss stuff would gain the same stats as Tyrant equips, unless it's a weapon, then it gains the normal attack bonus from enhancements and then all the stats it would if it were superior and an extra attack per star 6 and above. Except unlike superior equips, you can use normal shielding wards and go up to 12 stars, and the chance of passing stars 10 and above is higher than with AEEs.

19. Donator Straight Male
    IGN: ShinkuDragon HoukaPhoenix BoshokuRaven
    Server: Scania
    Level: 152
    Job: Batman
    Guild: IDissOrtis
    panama

for dark knights, which have one of the 40% ignore skills:

40 % impale
    30% codex
    15% lumi
    ------
    85%

i'd still need to sacrifice something to be able to reach 100% cap, 3-pirate set isn't feasible (i need my character bonuses, plus to-come cygnus resistance thinguies)
    getting a 15% pdr neb would mean i can't get a better damage %boss neb

this doesn't account for the non-working ambition though, which would make it 95% from pretty much base. in which case i'd have to sorta agree with you. but when you compare the current system with KMS's...

what i don't get is why they turned PDR multiplicative, but boss damage wasn't? i mean that way they'd have balanced the two much better

20. Default Re: No additional options?

Yes it is sorta useless now. and its skills go from 20~65%. heros and mikhail have 50 and MM have 65 with hypers. and 85 1/3 of the time. through skills only. But having each piece multiplilcitive stack is stupid because it makes geting a little bit here and their quite difficult. A much better way would be to create groups that are multiplicitive. so equip pdr are addivative with each other but multiplicaice with skills.

Its probably me just being upset with nerfs to systems that aren't directly related to increasing your damage.