IGN: Sure
    Server: Redoot
    Level: Eh.
    Job: I guess?
    Guild: No idea.
    Alliance: Think I know?
    Farm: This Exists Still?

Default Re: Maplestory - 10th anniversary promo is released

​I'm not sure if I should feel nostalgic, or confused.

2. Default Re: Maplestory - 10th anniversary promo is released

Being honest, I'm feeling perplexed (at the video design), and very wary...

Hadriel

3. Default Re: Maplestory - 10th anniversary promo is released

As you should since this style was used for Unlimited's preview and it was underwhelming. I feel like the lessons I learned in my advertising classes don't apply to this or it outright makes no sense.

4. Water Female
    IGN: PlsBuffBT
    Server: Reboot
    Level: 22x
    Job: Beast Tamer
    Guild: Path
    Alliance: Meme
    Farm: Yeiionde
    england

Unless they're holding something back from the test server, or the anniversary is a multi-part patch, I really don't see how the anniversary is going to draw players back to the game. Soul Master is flashy and all but...if KMS is like GMS then it won't hold people's attention for more than a week.

5. Default Re: Maplestory - 10th anniversary promo is released

The thing is that Soul Master obviously isn't part of the anniversary patch. It does make me wonder how will they be exciting people with this huge anniversary though be it a single patch or multiple patches, since they'd have to test it and people will know what's out before then and at this point only fair content and sorely needed extra content along with actual revamps for left-behind classes would excite people.

6. Default Re: Maplestory - 10th anniversary promo is released

You know what will bring me back strongly? Make quests worth doing - low-level grinding far outstrips doing quests, especially with Tot (not that I'm unhappy with Tot, but...). Get us into the story, not merely on the story.

Hadriel

7. Default Re: Maplestory - 10th anniversary promo is released

So agreed. I've stopped doing quests save for the storyline ones since they haven't been updated to be more rewarding or relevant and most don't even serve to shed more light on the mysteries or plot of Maple.

8. Orbital Bee Cannon
    IGN: SaptaZapta
    Server: Kradia
    Level: 275
    Job: Hero
    Guild: Matriarchy
    Alliance: Peaceful

Maybe they're hinting that the patch will be a nostalgia patch.
    Not another new class, or a new boss, or a new way to get even stronger. We get those every month.

Something like the "old Maple" event we had, but bigger. Perhaps, as some have suggested, a "pre-BB" server of some kind.

9. Default Re: Maplestory - 10th anniversary promo is released

Or they can just go the EMS route without the character link. That'd do.

@hadriel; - The first problem with making all quests be worth doing is that there are too many areas. The way to solve this is to just have equal options in the same level range. We kind of have this with the lvl10-lvl30 areas (Heny, nautilus, ellinia, etc..) In the old days, once you hit level 30, you were in Orbis from then on. Now they funnel you into Mush Castle instead. Mush Castle is nice and fast from 30-36. Then they tend to send you to Kerning square. So let's change that a little... Make Mush castle be a reasonably quick area to get from 30-40 (by tweaking the quests a little to extend their worth but not sacrifice the speed). But, also turn another existing area into an alternative. Perhaps make Mush Castle suitable for warrior types and convert, say, Singapore into a theme dungeon for Mage types in the same level range. Same speed, same level range, just a different path. I'd go to KFT for levels 50-60 if it was the same speed as my other alternatives. But I would also like the choice of more than one area from 50-60. It's nice that we have a lot of freedom about how we train, but in the end it always comes down to the same choices for the fastest training.

Of course, my solution to the whole thing is to remove specific Party Play zones and simply make the party play exp rules be the normal behavior for parties. Then you could regulate all mobs to the same HP/XP ratio and train ANYWHERE YOU WANT....

10. Proton

IGN: F'uck you.
    Server: F'uck you.
    Level: F U
    Job: F'uck you.
    Guild: F'uck you.
    Alliance: F'uck you.
    Farm: F'uck you.

I feel like I just watched an ad for Tokyo Disneyland without the Disneyland. Literally. The art style/events are extremely similar to a Disneyland commercial.

References:

Spoiler

Spoiler

Spoiler

And yes, it does make me feel old. And kinda sad because it's more confusing than revealing about anything. Thanks for the translation Jettono :)
    Last edited by PhantomRes; 2013-04-18 at 09:32 AM. Reason: Bleh. Mornings.

11. I post a lot Bi Male
    IGN: ZesseiBijin
    Server: Khaini
    Level: 204
    Job: Kanna
    Guild: NEST
    Farm: Razmosia
    uk

so many happy couples!
    Evan and Mercedes!
    Phantom and Aria!
    Luminous and whateverhernamewas!
    Female Aran and... Lillin.

Well ok, don't ask don't tell.

12. Default Re: Maplestory - 10th anniversary promo is released

I am strictly more opposed to Evan and Mercedes. :| This is however happily counteracted by Phantom and Aria, for once not a sunken ship.

13. Default Re: Maplestory - 10th anniversary promo is released

I don't remember ANYTHING that might possibly throw Evan and Mercedes together. If anything, according to the storyline, it's just a Soul Stone buff and the old onyx dragon sucking your life to put into her.

Is this for real??

Hadriel

14. Interdimensional Rift Straight Male
    IGN: thewatch3r
    Job: Lolmaster
    Guild: Contagious
    usa

Ahaha wow Mercedes really gets around. I guess she got tired of guys with wings.

Meanwhile all the adventurers are drinking alone at the bars.

15. I post a lot Bi Male
    uk

It's just fan art :P

I find the pairing of Evan and Mercedes to be quite creepy actually. she's a hundreds of year old Elf Queen and he's basically a child.

She's only with Evan so she can spend more time with Mir.

16. Default Re: Maplestory - 10th anniversary promo is released

Well, if I had to make a guess it's supposed to be Freud/Mercedes since they're shown fighting together in her promo video but again my problem with this is that they're comrades, of course they could be fighting alongside each other and we learn in Luminous' intro that they were at the frontlines.

:|

17. Interdimensional Rift Straight Male
    IGN: thewatch3r
    Job: Lolmaster
    Guild: Contagious
    usa

LOL that is a valid point, but have you ever seen Avatar the Last Airbender? Main character is 100+ years old b/c he was trapped in ice (as a teenager) and he falls for a girl that is 14. Interesting parallel there.

18. I post a lot Bi Male
    uk

Not really the same though, while Mercedes was trapped in ice for a long time, she was already very old due to her race before that happened.

while Aang was trapped in ice too, he was still physically and mentally a teenager when he was freed, since his body hadn't aged at all and he had basically been in a coma the whole time.

@hadriel; Don't base your opinion of Avatar on the movie! the movie sucked major balls and nobody liked it, the series itself was WAYYYY better.

19. Default Re: Maplestory - 10th anniversary promo is released

That was a movie I wished I never watched. It was so... urrgh!

So this is a fan-art? OK. /nextplease.

Hadriel

20. aka ClawofBeta Straight Male
    Corn's Avatar [Jr. Event Coordinator]

IGN: ClawofBeta
    Server: LoL.NA
    Level: 30
    Job: Bot Lane
    Guild: N/A
    Alliance: N/A
    New_Jersey

He means the cartoon. Do not speak of the movie in anyone's presence for your own good.