Server: Khaini
    Level: 204
    Job: Kanna
    Guild: NEST
    Farm: Razmosia
    uk

Default My first Maple Video! Kanna vs Zakum

Don't be too harsh! D:

Quality kinda sucks, but after like 4 hours of trying to get it to work, I really don't care that much. you can't see the little numbers, but eh, it's the big ones that count.

Was trying to decide between my Kanna and Battle Mage for which one i'd video. Decided to go with my Kanna since bossing videos are generic enough as it is, might as well show a class that people don't usually make bossing videos with.

The song ends at the MOMENT I kill Zakum. HNNGHHH so good.

2. Monster Truck Tire Straight Male
    IGN: Triggernometry
    Server: Supports
    Job: TeamSecret
    Guild: BigDaddy<3

Default Re: My first Maple Video! Kanna vs Zakum

You just suck!
    Huh, now I see why I added your Bam with no response :(
    Is it just me or the FPS are kinda weird?
    Anyway, good job!

3. I post a lot Bi Male
    IGN: ZesseiBijin
    uk

The framerate is suprisingly good actually. I had a lag spike when I first started hitting the body, but other than that it was rather smooth. I expected the quality to be worse than this. I was using a free recorder, I had issues with the file which had to be uncoded through a program, even then it still had errors and I couldn't play it. So I ended up having to record a recording, and THEN put it through Movie Maker.

And yeah, I haven't been on my BaM much recently, I've either not been on, or levelling like 5 of my mules (Cannoneer, Aran, Dual Blade, Crossbowman and Mechanic) to 4th job.

4. Default Re: My first Maple Video! Kanna vs Zakum

Couldn't have picked a better song.

5. Default Re: My first Maple Video! Kanna vs Zakum

Nice video! I thought the choice of song was perfect considering you weren't showcasing with an OP class and no one even cares about Zakum now and you ending right as the song finished was a nice touch.

Also, when I observe your range it makes me wonder if I'd ever even get a Kanna, much less one that can do half of that.

6. I post a lot Bi Male
    uk

Funnily enough I only chose the song because I like it and think it's funny haha, but now that you mention it, yeah I suppose it does kind of convey a message :P
    And I didn't actually edit the video or song length at all. I just threw the music on top of the video and uploaded it. It ended up being perfectly timed, crazy right.

Also my range SHOULD be higher. Kasen's 30% damage increase still isn't working, and the 25% boss damage from Bellflower Barrier isn't working either.
    That being said, this is the first time I've hit cap so consistently. the 5 hits of 999999 with Falling Sakura made me very happy haha. also started the video off strong with so many capped hits :D

7. Default Re: My first Maple Video! Kanna vs Zakum

That's the kind of thing that makes even a Zakum boss fight worth watching in my opinion. I tend to evaluate boss fight videos on the level of skill shown and the music used which was part of why I also enjoyed that video of the beginner that finally managed to solo Zakum.

Well, if MapleSEA SOMEHOW gets Kanna I pray that the issue would have been fixed. Alas.

8. Default Re: My first Maple Video! Kanna vs Zakum

Is the hurricane like skill not better on 1 vs 1?
    Sorry for the stupid question.

9. I post a lot Bi Male
    uk

Nah, it's slower and does less damage. (plus I only have it at 10/30 mastery)

Vanquishers Charm is only better than Shikigami if you are hitting cap with every hit, in all other circumstances, Shikigami is better. and after unlimited, Vanquishers charm will literally be useless.

10. Default Re: My first Maple Video! Kanna vs Zakum

I find it strange they made it like that, shouldn't that skill be the 1 vs 1 skill and the other one you're using the mobbing one?
    Would only make sense to me.

11. I post a lot Bi Male
    uk

Agreed, it doesn't make any sense. I don't mind though, I find Shikigami to be a far better skill anyway due to it:
    A: Looking nicer
    B: It doesn't get interrupted by being attacked. everytime I have used Vanquishers charm, any hit from an enemy will stop me from attacking. it's very annoying. I'm not sure if this is an issue for all Hurricane using classes, but I simply don't have the stance necessary to use the skill.
    C: If mobs are spawned, it kills them with no effort.

12. Default Re: My first Maple Video! Kanna vs Zakum

Dude you beat my time by 1 minute! D:

Grats on the solo. Now do Horntail.

13. I post a lot Bi Male
    uk

I don't even know how to access horntail :(

And it requires expedition mules right? bahhh

14. Default Re: My first Maple Video! Kanna vs Zakum

I've only gone to CHTP but you basically need to go to Moira first and activate her quest for the medicine that includes one Manon Cry, one Cornian Shoulderpad, one Cornian Dagger, one Cornian Marrow (All best obtained from Dark Cornians, you'll also get a busted dagger that turns into the Cornian Dagger when you fix it up with one Steel plate and one Mithril plate, just speak to Mos at Leafre) and ten Tough Dragon Skin from Wyverns. Can't help you with the mules part though, I think it's 6 for the expedition itself but I lack certainty on it.

15. Default Re: My first Maple Video! Kanna vs Zakum

HT, CHT, Zak, and VL all don't require fillers anymore
    Last edited by Mandalay; 2013-04-18 at 05:55 AM. Reason: better wording to be more clear

16. I post a lot Bi Male
    uk

:O!
    I must attempt this then.

Thanks for telling me :D

I did this, collected all the items and finished her quest. I got transformed into a Cornian and moved into the cave of life, but now I can't proceed. the horntail "schedule" or whatever it is says I need more party members, and the encrypted slate thing doesn't do anything.

Am I missing something? do I need party members to do a PQ or something? eurghh.
    Last edited by Razmos; 2013-04-18 at 07:19 AM.

17. Default Re: My first Maple Video! Kanna vs Zakum

I wish I could tell you, but I admit my education on all things HT and CHT are really lacking and the fact that you should be able to do it by yourself confuses me. Maybe this will help.

18. Default Re: My first Maple Video! Kanna vs Zakum

How much boss damage do you have? I have around 65% and have 140k range yet you're hitting relatively close to me on Zakum. Also I have 100% defense ignore. Guess that shows how little of damage increases Kanna actually gets >.>

19. I post a lot Bi Male
    uk

I have 15% from DS link skill, 15% from Dojo gloves and 9% from character card effects (if they stack) so 39% and 25% Ignore Defense (10% from Lumi link and 15% from Haku's Fan if it applies)

My range at the moment is 95k. up to 110k with Nine-Tailed Fury and up to 140k with that and Terms and Conditions.

20. Default Re: My first Maple Video! Kanna vs Zakum

You need the "Certificate of the Dragon Squad" in your ETC to bypass the PQ using the Encrypted Slate at the top of the map. Otherwise, you're gonna need 5 other people to complete the PQ with to get past. You can talk to Moira about getting the badge (but you need to kill HT first to prove it to her... so that means you need someone with the badge to probably bring you in or do the PQ).

Edit: