Page 1 of 9 123 ... LastLast
  1. Default Why is everyone worried about unlimited?

People around SP and Basil keep saying stuff like "Given unlimited we wont be able to do this" or "Nexon is gonna get as much as they can get out of unlimited". Everyone seems worried that they wont be able to kill bosses and stuff after unlimited. I don't understand why from just reading orange mushroom so if you can explain as nooby as possible, that'd be great.

2. Default Re: Why is everyone worried about unlimited?

All of the bosses get a HUGE HP increase, to the point where soloing them isn't really an option anymore.

3. Donator Straight Female
    IGN: icephoenix21
    Server: Scania
    Level: 212
    Job: Bishop
    Guild: DremithCross
    Alliance: Evolution
    Farm: IcePhoenix
    canada

Default Re: Why is everyone worried about unlimited?

Pretty much what Tash said.

4. Default Re: Why is everyone worried about unlimited?

Is that it?

5. Deluxe Refrigerator Straight Male
    IGN: Blackraven16
    Server: Khaini
    Level: 176
    Job: Fire/Posion
    Guild: Osomga
    usa

Pdr changes so that each pdr source is counted separately.

6. Default Re: Why is everyone worried about unlimited?

also more NX based getting ahead shenanigans. Because Nexon.

Also all your gear is semi-obsolete because above mentioned shenanigans make certain drops much much better than your non-existent additional options.

Tell me if I'm wrong because I'm pretty sure additional options dont magically appear on your items when unlimited hits.

7. Default Re: Why is everyone worried about unlimited?

Flame of Reincarnation.

8. Interdimensional Rift Straight Male
    IGN: thewatch3r
    Level: 204
    Job: Lolmaster
    Guild: Contagious
    usa

Idk, I am pretty excited for Unlimited. Yes, PDR and boss hp increases suck, but what about additional options, miraculous enhancements, and everyone getting their own boss drops?

There are some cool changes headed our way that I think more than make up for the crap we have to deal with.

9. Default Re: Why is everyone worried about unlimited?

idk what kind of trash equips you use, but my gear is not afraid of clean equips that only have additional options. don't blow this out of proportion.

and you can get items that add additional options to your gear, they're called flames of reincarnation. they drop off of bosses (like zakum), but they put a scissor count of 5 on your item. the scissor is new and is gotten in game and not through NX.

you also do not spend NX to reset your additional options, you only use flames of reincarnation.

also, to the op: everyone is getting worked up about unlimited because one mis-informed guy didn't read max's blog correctly so he started spamming everywhere with "unlimited is coming, the end is nigh" and then idiots on southperry and basil took it and ran with it. this is just hearsay at its finest, unlimited is not that bad.

10. Default Re: Why is everyone worried about unlimited?

This part is pineappleing stupid.

11. Interdimensional Rift Straight Male
    usa

How so? You don't like being assured your fair share of drops?

Also forgot to mention that tradable cubes will also start dropping from bosses in Unlimited.

12. Orbital Bee Cannon Straight Male
    IGN: Musiphe
    Server: Reboot
    Level: 277
    Job: Hero
    Guild: Epic
    Alliance: Fatal
    Colorado

How is that stupid? I find that change a welcome change IMO.

13. Flatpanel TV
    IGN: HarbingerLey
    Server: Mardia
    Level: 203
    Job: Demon Slayer
    Guild: [L]ittleBusters
    Farm: Dominion
    usa

I think its the most logical outcome. people get what they deserve in a fight O_o. if you need extra man power, you can invite someone without the feat of actually them looting something form the boss because of it. its an incentive to party.

14. Default Re: Why is everyone worried about unlimited?

I don't run with randoms when I do boss runs, so I always get my share of drops anyway. I'd much rather have it all go to one person and have it sold and split equally than it all get divided up and not be guaranteed the items that bring in the bigger bucks.

15. Default Re: Why is everyone worried about unlimited?

What?

It allows us to run with randoms or at least people that one might not be very close with, without fear of that one jackass that loots everything or, "Oops, I forgot to turn off Pet Loot."

16. Donator Straight Male
    IGN: ShinkuDragon HoukaPhoenix BoshokuRaven
    Level: 152
    Job: Batman
    Guild: IDissOrtis
    panama

additional options make my tradeable gear untradeable. ME screams of shielding wards. the boss drop thinguie is the only thing i'm 100% happy about

17. Interdimensional Rift Straight Male
    usa

Eh I could see that being an issue, but it doesn't seem like a major concern to me. If anything, they could easily fix this by making more boss drops 'tradable until equipped.' The fact that there are items in this game that are instantly untradable upon pickup is extremely retarded to begin with.

True, but iirc, additional options make most worthwhile gear have the scizzor limitation, so at least we are a getting screwed together?
    Last edited by CrazyForDex; 2013-04-16 at 12:18 AM. Reason: Pro iphone editing

18. Donator Straight Male
    IGN: ShinkuDragon HoukaPhoenix BoshokuRaven
    Level: 152
    Job: Batman
    Guild: IDissOrtis
    panama

i'd like to have some tradeable gear my mules can use. but i can't use flames on them because hurpadurp, scissors!

19. Default Re: Why is everyone worried about unlimited?

I don't like it simply for the fact that if you use Flame of Incarnation on tradeable items, you get a Scissor count. Eventhough the Scissors can be obtained in-game...it just feels having Region 4 dvd and then trying to play a Region 1 disc. You can change it, but you only have like 3-4 chances. After that, screw you, now you have to buy equipment for each character.

Meh... ._.

20. Default Re: Why is everyone worried about unlimited?

To summarize why people think so:

1) Boss HP got boosted by a lot and characteristics of the bosses also got changed. The MAJOR hindrance though is that bosses like Cygnus got boosted to approximately 62 billion HP, her expedition was deleted so you can only bring in 6 members, you have to fight her along with her Knights and her Dark Genesis now deals % damage. Possibly the only positive part of this is that she doesn't auto-heal any more but good luck taking her down with that many members when the time limit was cut down to 30 minutes.

Additionally, defeating the V2 KoCs now counts as a clear but until you can finish off Cygnus you might want to just loot these gear since they count as Boss equipment. I'm not clear yet on how good this is but the sum of the boosts should help people who haven't had Empress gear until then.

(Did I mention they did the same 30 minutes thing for Von Leon, Pink Bean and Chaos Pink Bean and their HP was increased?)

Among other things too Arkarium's snakes are no longer physical immune but their defence has been raised. The big issue now though is that there's now a death count and we all know how that goes in Arkarium.

Source

2) PDR formula was adjusted so it's multiplicative instead of additive. This is a pretty horrible change for everyone that has small amounts of PDR that add up especially since your 100% PDR would no longer be 100% but some diminished value depending on how yours stacked up previously.

3) Your gear is not necessarily rendered obsolete by Additional Options, but you now have the unpleasant choice of flaming it and rendering it completely untradeable after some time or pressing on. Now, though I'm not a fan of AOs I will argue that those of you who already have high ranges should be good to go at least until you find that you really can't beat the boss since you're likely using level 140 gear and flames for those will be difficult to come by initially, while level 150 flames would likely come from Marvel since it's nearly non-existent.

All in all I'd say there are positive changes but on the whole it's like a middle finger directed at one's face.

@LiquidSwing; Frankly, if you're going to downvote at least make sure you have backup on your opinions because there's more than enough info in this entire thread to show that Unlimited is not as 'not as bad as you think it is'. That of course would explain my downvote to you since you're not answering the question at all.

Edit: Info has been amended so it's more accurate, thanks iAmFear for pointing out her real HP now.

Edit 1:

Oh snap, I could be totally wrong about these things after all.
    Last edited by Curtiss; 2013-04-17 at 01:01 PM. Reason: Wrong information about Cygnus staying as is, apologies.