Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. Default What ballpark range do you need to be to take Shadow Empress down

Hey Guys,

Just curious what kind of range you'd need to take Shadow Empress down solo within a reasonable amount of time...maybe 10 minutes?

I'm a bowmaster with a topside range of 142k buffed (without longer cd buffs) with 80% bossing and ~90% pdr. No idea if I can actually take her on with all the stupid link 9 stun pigs in there, but I'd like to have some sort of idea of what I'm getting in to before I actually use up a core and go in. :D Is going in with 8x drop, having spent 1.5k on a 2x and 30-50k on a 2x buff still worth it to try and get shoulders in Scania? From what I've seen it seems like the knights only drop like 0-1 items with spider familiar up and Shoulder prices are dropping significantly.

Thanks in advance for the info :)

2. Default Re: What ballpark range do you need to be to take Shadow Empress down

I don't think hurricane-esque skills can solo her.

I hit 1.05m x2 on Mercedes and couldn't do enough "burst" damage to keep her from healing.

Unless, of course, I'm missing some sort of mechanic to her heals.

*note: she has no PDR

3. Default Re: What ballpark range do you need to be to take Shadow Empress down

out of curiousity why do you want to kill her with in 10minutes when you have 30minutes to play with? and I think u have to wait until the timer is less than 10minutes anyway.

But uh whats ur hp and status resisance and if how much "-2sec abnormal status" do u have. as dealing with the pigs stun is the biggest problem. but u could probably mow them down anyway.

4. Default Re: What ballpark range do you need to be to take Shadow Empress down

That only applies to actual Empress.

5. Nuclear testing facility Straight Male
    IGN: VerrKol
    Server: Zenith
    Level: 204
    Job: Bowmaster
    Guild: LegacyReborn
    Farm: Kolville
    usa

Default Re: What ballpark range do you need to be to take Shadow Empress down

From my experience, it's definitely possible to solo her as a BM. I have a 160k range (hit cap inconstantly on her) and very nearly solo'd her when my Kaiser friend dced during our duo. The trick is to lower her to just over 10% hp and wait for DR cd. She will then heal. There appears to be some sort of cd on her heal mechanic which means you then have 60sec to kill her. I haven't attempted enough to confirm that this cd is consistent.

The real problem is our near complete lack of status resist. I got her to sub 5% hp and would have killed her except that I got pigged. It would take a perfect or near perfect 45-60 of attacking without tornado, pig, pot cancel, or stun to kill her.

6. Default Re: What ballpark range do you need to be to take Shadow Empress down

@Valhala I was just interested in seeing if I could take her out in 10 minutes so that I'd be able to take the extra 20 minutes to farm coins and maybe infinitely sustain evo runs with enough boosted drop rate. I have about 17k hp and no idea how much status resist :X I think the only -2 status I have is from the empress set.

@Bryan Thanks for all the info. Sad to learn I won't be able to solo Empress on my own. I read on another one of your posts about how you were able to take on empress multiple times with all your coins which is what prompted me to ask this question :D. How many people do you usually run with in your successful runs? And in your experience how many drops do you usually get per successful run? And I guess since you're the one with 4x/8x drop on do you usually keep the profits yourself or split it with the people who were with you? o.o Sorry for all the questions. Just excited about the possibility of taking down empress and possibly profiting from it as I've never really done it before :P

Edit: Thanks Verrkol for your response too :D I don't have much experience with Empress. How long is the CD on her DR? And does she use DR immediately when it is up so that its very predictable or can she wait for several seconds to use it? Will she use it right as a fight starts or only after a CDs worth of time after you start hitting her? Sorry for all the questions haha but I really appreciate all the help :)

7. Default Re: What ballpark range do you need to be to take Shadow Empress down

@EZhangster Easiest way is to bring somebody that can bind, then with whatever damage range and how fast you can kill you just leave about 15% of her hp or something and just spam away at her while she's still binded. She cannot heal at all when binded.

The CD part seems to be true though, but I have problems testing it on my DB for some reason (besides the fact that coins taking me ages to collect). She didn't heal on me at all the last time I tested on DB and she had full hp when I 1 hyper'd her. I think it might be less than 60 secs though maybe like 30-40ish? I remember like 12 heals once when I went on phantom and I 100% capped there however... I kept getting pounded by pig because I tried with no stat resist potion maybe thats it...

8. Default Re: What ballpark range do you need to be to take Shadow Empress down

The video I posted was of me; I've actually only had 3 successful runs (drops: 5,0,3).
    Carlos and I have been pooling our money for months.

Empress' DR cooldown is 80 seconds from when she casts it. She can use it as soon as you enter the map.

@VerrKol; you have inspired me to attempt another solo. I will also record it so I can rewatch and time stuff. Will do tomorrow if I can find a freaking NX seller for 2x card.

9. Default Re: What ballpark range do you need to be to take Shadow Empress down

I tried that on a BaM and she rehealed after 31s. 10% health -> 50% health -> ~5% health -> something. Capping BaM does more than capping BM.
    Not sure what her health was after the 2nd heal was since I don't know where I put the vid.

10. Nuclear testing facility Straight Male
    usa

@EZhangster; Her DR cd is 65sec iirc. I'm not sure if she uses it immediately after, but usually very close. I don't think a BM could guarantee a successful solo even with a status resist pot. That puts us at 69% status resist assuming max willpower and DS card. It's possible, but since there's no reason to solo, I won't be risking wasting 600 coins anytime soon. Just duo/trio and have all 3 people getting coins.

@Marksman Bryan; You're an MM though right? I don't think you're going to hit fast enough even with 100% cap...

I'm sorry, but in what universe does a BaM hit faster than a BM?
    BM is well ahead of BaMs when you sort by m/s.

11. Default Re: What ballpark range do you need to be to take Shadow Empress down

All my gear is on a Mercedes (hitting 900~1.05m x2 with hyper) until Unlimited.

12. Nuclear testing facility Straight Male
    usa

Ah, significantly stronger than me then and iirc Merc have better status resist. GL

13. Default Re: What ballpark range do you need to be to take Shadow Empress down

This is what I've been doing with a friend on a mule DS and it works fine. If you're worried about not having enough DPS I would just go this route to be safe.

14. Default Re: What ballpark range do you need to be to take Shadow Empress down

Probably referring to his ability to do extra damage with his hyper skill at a basically no CD rate. Also, her DR CD is 80 secs not 65.

15. Default Re: What ballpark range do you need to be to take Shadow Empress down

That's when all hits cap at 50m.
    Right now BaM hits around 29m + 3 ADA DoTs per second. 6 1,049,999 hits + 7 3,050,000 hits + 3 50% chance final attack procs and takes 1050 ms at cap speed.

16. Nuclear testing facility Straight Male
    usa

@ultimax21; I subtracted the DR duration.

In any case, the damage should be roughly comparable assuming both hit max. BM hit/s remains unchanged at 22.45 with GG potentially hiting 10m. I'm certainly not hitting that high, but I came very, very close to killing her and I'm certain that I had enough time to finish her if I didn't get pigged.

17. Default Re: What ballpark range do you need to be to take Shadow Empress down

That's a terrible way to consider DR, though, at least for timing purposes. You should be counting 80 seconds from when it starts, not 65 seconds from when it ends, since, it doesn't seem to happen that often now, but the icon for DR lingers a bit and if you count 65 seconds from when you stop seeing it, you'll probably attack into the next DR.

18. Nuclear testing facility Straight Male
    usa

I always use Elite Puppet and Phoenix to check when DR ends because of this. You end up with the same problem in reverse since there's a delay before the icon appears as well.

19. Default Re: What ballpark range do you need to be to take Shadow Empress down

Well I was getting heals 30s apart from each other, and neither BM nor BaM take out 50% of her health in that period of time I think.

20. Default Re: What ballpark range do you need to be to take Shadow Empress down

When I used to use a timing of 60 sec cd after I saw DR ended I always ended up randomly being killed by a DR because I was too late in stopping. DR duration fluctuates, it can sometimes be less than 20 secs and sometimes be more than 20 secs due to the server lag time I would believe. Factors like DoT and venom would make this timing even worse and sometimes even extend her icon for some reason. However, her real CD time will almost never change. Using a 80 sec CD time guarantees that the next time she will be ready to cast DR again you will be ready. I'm not going to keep trying to add or subtract extra time just to make sure I'm alive. 80 seconds would include her DR duration + the next time DR would come again, much easier to measure than 65.