Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
  1. Default Re: What ballpark range do you need to be to take Shadow Empress down

I have NEVER had a problem with attacking into DR when using 80s from the cast.

2. Default Re: What ballpark range do you need to be to take Shadow Empress down

Server lag doesn't add 20 seconds.
    A simple pause to check if DR is up after 65 seconds would be fine, 20 seconds is way overkill.

3. GLADIGATORS
    IGN: Overburnd
    Server: Khaini
    Level: 210
    Job: Cannoneer
    Guild: Contagious
    usa

Default What ballpark range do you need to be to take Shadow Empress down

If you do the burst dps to kb her enough you can ignore everything and spam away. Can't cast dr or heal if you get her right.

4. Default Re: What ballpark range do you need to be to take Shadow Empress down

I don't know what this refers to, DR is 20 secs which can be +/- 2-3 secs due to server lag. DR CD NEVER changes, so if you use something like 65 secs, you can end up stopping for DR at 85 secs instead of 80 and still kill yourself. Obviously, if you really want to survive, you stop to check beforehand but I'd be stopping too late if I used 65. If you used any of the thieves exception of Phantoms, they're a perfect example of how to screw yourself over if you rely on that icon too much instead of actually timing that DR down. Of course, as a DB I always check DR with CoH regardless, but that's not the point. Server lags and skills like venom will almost definitely screw your DR timing down if you rely on icon alone.

5. Nuclear testing facility Straight Male
    IGN: VerrKol
    Server: Zenith
    Level: 204
    Job: Bowmaster
    Guild: LegacyReborn
    Farm: Kolville
    usa

Default Re: What ballpark range do you need to be to take Shadow Empress down

Heals were significantly farther apart for me so idk what to tell you.

@ultimax21; The same server/client delay should appear both when creating and removing the DR buff icon. Unless there is a unique DR animation, which Empress doesn't have, you have to wait for the icon to appear. I've never had a problem with counting from the end of the animation because I can use summons to check when it ends and get an exact time.

@Marksman Bryan; I haven't had any problems counting from the end of the animation so I'm not sure why everyone is up in arms about the idea.

@Takebacker; I'm pretty sure the kb glitch was fixed ages ago. I've definitely seen her attacking despite hurricane spam.

6. GLADIGATORS
    IGN: Overburnd
    Server: Khaini
    Level: 210
    Job: Cannoneer
    Guild: Contagious
    usa

Default What ballpark range do you need to be to take Shadow Empress down

If by ages you mean within the time shad emp was released...maybe. Otherwise hurricane doesn't have the burst to make what i'm referring to occur.

7. Default Re: What ballpark range do you need to be to take Shadow Empress down

Well if you say so then, I wasn't even including skills like a puppet into play because its not something every job has. You can check for DR, well so can I and several other jobs out there, so I didn't use it as a factor, difference is mainly that she dies a lot faster here and not on the real version. We also know that her DR in Evo works differently from the real version, targeting wise, its probably an excuse if I were to say this is why her DR actually has a delay time in the real version and not in Evo. I been doing Empress runs since Jan 2012, I base things on the real Empress and not the fake version.

For a bit of proof of why her DR is different in Evo compared to the real version:

She definitely ignores anything you got. Anyways since its only based on real version and not shadow version I'd be considered going offtopic with my remark. I'll stop with my own advice on that then.

8. Default Re: What ballpark range do you need to be to take Shadow Empress down

I don't know about you guys, but I've noticed Evo World Empress' DR usually lasts less than 20 seconds (had as low as 15 once), while the real version lasts 20+ seconds.

I'm going to try solo runs right now. Will record and upload them.

edit: just got lucky and she didn't heal. was healing twice within 45seconds.
    second run I crashed as soon as I entered. Didn't get anything from the first run. Pretty pissed.

9. Default Re: What ballpark range do you need to be to take Shadow Empress down

At some point, normal Empress's DR was changed from 25/80, that's how I remember it, anyway, to 15/80, which it is now.

10. Default Re: What ballpark range do you need to be to take Shadow Empress down

I was watching a video of Evo World Empress and I noticed that the killing 50k damage was simultaneous with the beginning of the DR skill-casting animation, and maybe a second or more before the appearance of the DR icon above Cygnus' head. Isn't it likely that this is a bug that has never been fixed, rather than working as intended? It doesn't seem reasonable that the designers would intend absolutely zero warning for a killer attack. If the DR actually began when the icon appeared and not when the skill cast animation began, then those with fast reflexes would have a chance.

11. Default Re: What ballpark range do you need to be to take Shadow Empress down

@MissingLink This is always true, nothing to do with evo world empress only. Same applies with v2 mihile and same applies to the real version. This is the case for several bosses out there, but not all of them. Few examples of bosses you can watch DR before it actually happen are VL, balrog pq boss, and Arkarium.