Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456
  1. Default Re: Lim Goon is done with maple.

I'm vague on the details but the topic starter mentioned that he's been a boss squad organizer for a long time, and as cubes can be sold in the market I'd imagine it's much easier for him to cube his equips than in any other server using only the mesos he's earned. Though he might have put in some money it seems he doesn't spend a car's worth of cash to do things while I can not say the same about some MapleSEA players.

2. Default Re: Lim Goon is done with maple.

You bring to my mind one particular MapleSEA player. Nineteen Additional Potential Scrolls.

Even if he does spend a car's worth of cash, note that their cars are probably cheaper than our cars anyway. MapleSEA just follows the status quo of making everything costlier in the area.

3. Default Re: Lim Goon is done with maple.

And government tax in Malaysia makes foreign cars a lot more expensive, not that it stops people from buying them since they have higher quality. And wow, nineteen? Such idiots are the reason why we have this lousy patch we call Season 2.

4. Default Re: Lim Goon is done with maple.

I don't understand the huge 'gap between the rich and the poor' argument.
    Especially how this is an online game.

If you want to be 'rich' on MapleStory, you can just easily pour hundreds or even thousands of dollars into the game in order to become 'rich'.
    The ones who are poor are the ones who choose not to put money into the game.

I hate it when people sit around complaining and saying things along the lines of, 'I've never had over 100m.' or 'WOW MAX MESOS HOW DID YOU GET SO MUCH?' cause in reality, 100m is equal to $1.20 to $2.00 and max mesos has the value of $26 to $45.

So I don't understand this argument, cause it's up to YOU if you want to be poor or rich on MapleStory.
    It's your decision.

5. Helium Atom Straight Male
    IGN: VXArtillery
    Server: Yellonde
    Level: 181
    Job: Cannon Master
    Guild: Purify
    Alliance: Purify
    Farm: Yellondia
    Ohio

Default Re: Lim Goon is done with maple.

Or, you know, your financial position. Not everyone can AFFORD to throw that money at this game.

Also, max mesars isn't even rich. It's still pretty average.

6. Flatpanel TV Straight Male
    IGN: ° ͜ʖ °
    Server: DEGZA
    Level: T_T
    Job: This is FParta!
    Guild: I like toast
    Alliance: @__________________@
    north korea

Broke players are at a disadvantage to moderate-funded players. Unfair disadvantage? No. It's completely fair based on real life. If everyone could afford everything in this world the meaning of an occupation would be eradicated. How would it be fair for someone to afford expensive things for doing no work, comparing to another person who actually puts in the work? It's the cheater's mentality to think "gimme this and that but I don't want to pay for it or work for it". If everyone had this mentality the game wouldn't even exist.

7. Default Re: Lim Goon is done with maple.

Which is why I dislike the game's sh'itty economy. Where the maximum is considered average, ugh.

8. Helium Atom Straight Male
    Ohio

Not even going to dignify this pimentory with a retort.

Yeah. I've kinda grown to hate it as well.

9. Flatpanel TV Straight Male
    north korea

Feeling ad-hominemy there? So you're saying that people shouldn't work for their money; because that's what it looks like you're arguing for? Wake up and smell real life, it isn't sunshine and puppies. What you're proposing has been tried before many times and it has always failed miserably. It's called a perfect utopian communism.

10. Helium Atom Straight Male
    Ohio

I never said people shouldn't work for their money. NEVER. However, not everyone has the same opportunities as others. Not everyone CAN work and afford to throw money at this game. Not everyone is pineappleing rich. My problem is that the gap between people who can and can't throw money at this game is so huge that you are definetly going to be quite behind for a long time without paying.

I just think that it's wrong. This game is pay-to-win at this point, and it's ridiculous. It's the reason I quit lesser MMOs. Regardless of my circumstance, knowing that there are people that are NEVER going to be even up to my calibur hurts to think about.

I consider myself average-high funding. There are people whose environment and possible opportunities make bills and food the sole focus of income. The fact that people in that situation won't be up to snuff for a long time sickens me.

And honestly, saying that I don't want people to work for their money isn't even close to the truth. I know there will always be lazy pineapples. However, when a hardworking individual will never get to where a privileged pineapple like me just because he can't afford to put a few thousand dollars into this, it's a sad circumstance.

I'm not asking to close the gap entirely. Those of us who support Nexon financially should have some benefits. But I'd like to see those who can't do so be somewhat on par with us.

11. Flatpanel TV Straight Male
    north korea

I don't disagree that the gap is huge, maybe a bit too huge. But I think that most of that gap being huge is justified partly because there's those who actually contribute by paying real hard-earned money to the company and those who do not because they choose not to pay. To digress a bit, it disgusts me that there's people who've spent nothing on the game yet are living large (as this Limgoon guy was allegedly doing). I believe those cheating types do not deserve to have more than the ones who've put in real money.

But nevertheless there are those who simply have less opportunity as you've said. I feel for those people and know what it may feel like for them because I was part of that group before I've gotten a full-time job. But honestly, at this point, it's not that hard to make 5B+ as a non-funded non-cheating player is you're dedicated enough and you take advantage of events and items that inflated and deflate substantially every month.

Naive people only seem to think of this as that 1% versus 99% mentality and wholly think of it as unfair simply because of wealth. But does that 1% deserve what they've got (sometimes yes, sometimes no). Does the 99% deserve what they've got (sometimes yes, sometimes no). It's not that cut and dry.

Some people don't deserve to be well-off in this game regardless of opportunity. If they hack/glitch, why should they get freebies? Other people are less fortunate in the game because they don't put real money into the game, by their choice. And then there's those who can't afford to put any money in the game because they have no money irl. If those are kids without jobs, I'd want them to start earning their money just like everyone else. If they're in dire financial circumstances, why would they be playing maple constantly to begin with? It's not fair, I do agree, but it's not as unfair as the extreme-minded people make it out to be.

That's unfortunate but that's life. I've sporadically given out free equips (some unique and some legendary) and some cubes to a few of my friends and guildies for nothing because I want them to enjoy the game even though a lot of them have never bought any NX, but I know them well enough to know that they are appreciative of those who truly support the game being there for them to play it. I'd never give out free stuff to those who demand it just because they are "unfairly poor, mesos plz". There's those who deserve it and MANY MANY who do not, so I wouldn't bunch the players which are not well-off all in the same boat.

It's a dog-eat-dog world. Making an honest living in it is probably the best way to handle it. That's what I strive for.
    I'd like to see those who can't support Nexon but would have enough decency not to cheat be closer to on par with the high-paying customers who don't cheat. Unfortunately there's few and far between.
    The system's not perfect, but I think it's quite solid. One thing I'd add is something like a free cube or two every week for every account that's a year+ old or something like that (hopefully with enough measure to not let it be abused to no end).

12. Helium Atom Straight Male
    Ohio

I am going to be very Gabi about this.

My stance on the issue is that you should not simply be able to pay your way to the top in a free-to-play game. Should paying players have benefits? Yes. Should paying players completely leave non-paying players in the dust? No. And should a company make the gap worse by buffing bosses that a majority of unfunded players can't even fight normally? No. However, I tried my hardest as a guild member to increase the standing of others who were not as fortunate. I plan to do the same as a Guild Master. I just wish Nexon would do the same.

13. Default Re: Lim Goon is done with maple.

It's basic people. Yes I can choose not to spend thousands of dollars on a game to be, well, up to the community standard. But why is the difference thousands? I could be a lot more understanding if it was like $500, but we're talking almost 10 grand, or at least 6 months to a year of dedicated playing. This isn't about being rich, it's being able to manage majority of the content at a reasonable measure. When a player, with literally max range, barely defeates a currently accessible boss, and isn't rewarded, that's bat sh`it crazy.

14. Default Re: Lim Goon is done with maple.

Yeaps.

When Lim Goon is done with Maple, you know this game is done for.