1. Default Is there a new Mob damage calculator?

I'm looking for a calculator that will tell you how much damage a mob will do to you depending on various stats. Pretty much like the one in the known formulas thread. That one though seems to not work, as I've tested a bunch of values and they all seem to come out way wrong. I don't know if or when they changed how mobs dealt damage but an updated calc/formula would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.

2. Default Re: Is there a new Mob damage calculator?

If it did indeed change and all else fails, I'll try to do a differential later today and see if I can come up with anything.

Turns out to be a lot more complicated than I'd anticipated.
    Last edited by Kalovale; 2013-04-16 at 12:12 AM.

3. Default Re: Is there a new Mob damage calculator?

They're also introducing new types of damage on lots of the high-end mobs... Azwan's hits aren't gonna go by the formula for example cause they're all %hp and ignore all defensive skills (incl. stance effects). Root Abyss something similar.

There are basically two calculation routes: for higher damage you take off a percentage, for lower damage you take off a fixed amount.
    Level 168 Hero, 1300-1516 damage taken from a nest golem unbuffed, with 5724wdef and 3412 physical attack.
    Says 1981 is the most I'll take; I definitely saw 1300-1500. I had no buffs active; it's possible Endure or something has a hidden 20% damage reduction though.

Level 168 Hero, 1970-2270 damage taken from Chief Oblivion Guardian unbuffed, 5724 wdef and 4864 physical attack.
    In both cases I'm taking about 75% of the damage I'd expect. So yeah, something's up. Don't know what.
    Last edited by Stereo; 2013-04-15 at 02:52 PM.

4. Default Re: Is there a new Mob damage calculator?

Hmmm annoying. Now I need to figure this out. Don't know how I will though.

5. Default Re: Is there a new Mob damage calculator?

I wrote some Javascript/HTML which will do the calculation.

I uploaded some of my old calculators I had on happychinchilla.info to Southperry's static FTP. I don't think @Eos; would mind.

Mob Damage
    Hit Rate (this one should be wrong as they've changed the calculation)
    HP Washing (is washing still allowed? I forgot)

Javascript

HTML

6. Default Re: Is there a new Mob damage calculator?

H washing is pretty much impossible now, since they removed the mana boost of INT for every class except mages.

7. Orbital Bee Cannon Straight Male
    IGN: Musiphe
    Server: Reboot
    Level: 277
    Job: Hero
    Guild: Epic
    Alliance: Fatal
    Colorado

Default Re: Is there a new Mob damage calculator?

You can still HP Wash. Putting AP into MP while wearing INT gear still gives the extra +Mana.

@ShinkuDragon

8. Donator Straight Male
    IGN: ShinkuDragon HoukaPhoenix BoshokuRaven
    Server: Scania
    Level: 152
    Job: Batman
    Guild: IDissOrtis
    panama

Default Re: Is there a new Mob damage calculator?

pretty much what he said.

9. Default Re: Is there a new Mob damage calculator?

Oh, I was unaware of that. Good to know.

10. Default Re: Is there a new Mob damage calculator?

Is that Javascript /HTML basically just the mob damage you just linked (the one that was hosted on happychinchilla)? Because that was the one I was originally used and was getting wrong results with. That is unless you updated the calc or something recently.