1. Default Hacking ring infiltrates Trion, Nexon, and Neowiz game servers

More...

2. Default Re: Hacking ring infiltrates Trion, Nexon, and Neowiz game servers

@Fiel; tell me you are working somehow on this. PLEASE!

3. Default Re: Hacking ring infiltrates Trion, Nexon, and Neowiz game servers

inb4 MapleStory's official source is leaked and people start making private servers with it

Well, actually, it'd be quite interesting to know how certain things in the game are coded. Too bad, to do that we'd actually need a source code leak or.. to buy the rights of the game, which actually is quite an expensive way to do it.

4. Default Re: Hacking ring infiltrates Trion, Nexon, and Neowiz game servers

This would explain so much if <He who should not be named> was part of this and this was how he was able to release <Program that should not be named> to hack maplestory.

5. Proton

IGN: F'uck you.
    Server: F'uck you.
    Level: F U
    Job: F'uck you.
    Guild: F'uck you.
    Alliance: F'uck you.
    Farm: F'uck you.

Default Re: Hacking ring infiltrates Trion, Nexon, and Neowiz game servers

C'mon FielMS server! PAPA NEED A CHINCHILLA MS SERVER!

6. Default Re: Hacking ring infiltrates Trion, Nexon, and Neowiz game servers

The BrazilMS source was leaked at one point, if I remember correctly.

7. Default Re: Hacking ring infiltrates Trion, Nexon, and Neowiz game servers

I cannot make any statements one way or the other regarding this matter.

8. Monster Truck Tire Straight Male
    IGN: Triggernometry
    Server: Supports
    Job: TeamSecret
    Guild: BigDaddy<3

Default Re: Hacking ring infiltrates Trion, Nexon, and Neowiz game servers

Oh the mystery.

9. Default Re: Hacking ring infiltrates Trion, Nexon, and Neowiz game servers

Yup it was. Also, the KMST binaries were also leaked in one of their patches, which could be considered valuable.

Overall, you don't need the official MapleStory source code to start a private server. There are already such resources available. You can also figure out how certain things in the game are coded by using just your brain or recording packets. This can be said for any game out there that uses a client-server interaction like MapleStory does.

I just really hope that the profile data for each user was not compromised.

10. Default Re: Hacking ring infiltrates Trion, Nexon, and Neowiz game servers

Oh China. Stay classy.

11. Default Re: Hacking ring infiltrates Trion, Nexon, and Neowiz game servers

I do know that BrazilMS' source was leaked, but it was a very old version of MapleStory.

I do also know that there are sources for private servers, but they don't reproduce many particular behaviours of the official servers, and it's not always that easy ("just using your brain") to figure them out.

12. Default Re: Hacking ring infiltrates Trion, Nexon, and Neowiz game servers

Polygon's story on the subject. It's not about the games (well, less about the games re: selling 'stolen' virtual currency and more about something else).