1. Default Nexon to Release First Quarter 2013 Financial Results

More...

2. Default Re: Nexon to Release First Quarter 2013 Financial Results

May 10th and they're already announcing this? Regardless, I'll be waiting to read it so that I can compare the past results to this one.

3. Default Re: Nexon to Release First Quarter 2013 Financial Results

Well it can't look too good for the American branch if they were forced to close down DFO.

4. Default Re: Nexon to Release First Quarter 2013 Financial Results

I don't think DFO appealed to there wider audience.

5. Default Re: Nexon to Release First Quarter 2013 Financial Results

NA's profit went down 21%. Not good signs for Nexon NA.

6. Default Re: Nexon to Release First Quarter 2013 Financial Results

Did they ever even release the Full year Report for last year? I remember the "They will" topic, but I don't remember seeing the actual report.

7. Default Re: Nexon to Release First Quarter 2013 Financial Results

As far as I can remember they did not publicly release it.

8. Default Re: Nexon to Release First Quarter 2013 Financial Results

Ouch.

I hope that doesn't mean it's going to have too much of a bad impact on Global MapleStory itself.

9. Default Re: Nexon to Release First Quarter 2013 Financial Results

http://pdf.irpocket.com/C3659/qzIz/TD7d/USsr.pdf

If anyone wants to see the 2012 one they released. This was when KMS was doing very well and GMS was doing pretty well.

For those who are too lazy to read, here's a tl;dr

-Total revenue increase of 39%
    -Nexon China is leading the pack
    -North America Nexon is going to require "Continued focus on improving strategies, operations and execution"
    -Net income decreased largely due to write-downs and increased tax expense based on a new
    interpretation of an existing regulation by the Korean tax authorities.
    -34% increase in revenue in China; pomegranate is going well there
    -2% decrease in Korean revenue; I'd imagine it's a much larger decrease now, KMS is doing absolutely horribly right now.
    -21% decrease in North American revenue; I'm not sure what's going on with Global games, though seeing as GMS was shut down I'd imagine this is going to be a larger decrease too.
    -MapleStory should be receiving a massive update in Q2, this is yet to come (10th anniversary is in a month or so) so it won't be included in their report.
    -DnF is receiving a massive update in Q4, this probably doesn't matter to the majority of you but I pineappleing love DnF.

So yeah, this is what we have to compare to.

10. Default Re: Nexon to Release First Quarter 2013 Financial Results

Too soon ;-;

11. Default Re: Nexon to Release First Quarter 2013 Financial Results

North America branch requires more minerals staff. Really, the first step to helping this side of the Pacific Ocean is to hire more damn people. Overworked employees and understaffed positions don't exactly work to the best of their interests.

12. Default Re: Nexon to Release First Quarter 2013 Financial Results

Sorry :(

13. Default Re: Nexon to Release First Quarter 2013 Financial Results

I'm interested to see how much would the decrease in revenue be for KMS when the report comes out as people I know who have KMST and KMS accounts reported hardly logging in when they did so frequently in the past year. I did go through the previous report and I'd imagine the revenue drop could be as much as -10% seeing that the Unlimited updates are quite unfavourable to high-end gear.

More than that though I do wish SEA wasn't so insignificant as to be included in the 'Others' section, I really want to see how much their revenue has dropped.

14. Default Re: Nexon to Release First Quarter 2013 Financial Results

I'm not sure that Asiasoft's stupidity would be reflected on the Nexon Financial reports, if that's what you were implying.

15. Default Re: Nexon to Release First Quarter 2013 Financial Results

Oh, cruel world. I'm sure of that too, it's just that the idealistic part of me hopes that they'll get burned and smoked out like the scumbags they are.

16. Default Re: Nexon to Release First Quarter 2013 Financial Results

You got it backwards, the people who do put up with asiasofts crap, spend so much money by themselves, they are actually doing better than the Korean version. That would be embarrassing to show.

17. Default Re: Nexon to Release First Quarter 2013 Financial Results

Given that the collective revenue for other regions is less than Korea and KMS has some really big spenders I'll say this myth is: Busted!