1. Default Re: Xenon Chaos Vellum solo

Holy crap. Won with god damn SECONDS to spare. This is ridiculous, this guy is going to take AGES for GMS to down legitly.

2. Orbital Bee Cannon Straight Male
    IGN: Musiphe
    Server: Reboot
    Level: 277
    Job: Hero
    Guild: Epic
    Alliance: Fatal
    Colorado

Default Re: Xenon Chaos Vellum solo

Would have easily been a 2-3 minutes to spare if his party wasn't being weird.

3. Neon Atom Male
    IGN: WaxMuseum
    Server: Galicia
    Level: 200
    Job: Captain
    Guild: UniquePwns
    Alliance: Miracle
    australia

LF>translation of the convo in the last 5-6 minutes or so of the video

4. Default Re: Xenon Chaos Vellum solo

So much yelling near the end.

5. Default Re: Xenon Chaos Vellum solo

ಠ_ಠ

6. Default Re: Xenon Chaos Vellum solo

The friends this guy has..

7. Default Re: Xenon Chaos Vellum solo

Awesome control.

8. Lead Ball Straight Male
    IGN: Arrg
    Server: Culverin
    Level: 192
    Job: Viper
    Guild: Century (leader)
    Alliance: Foreigner
    Texas

Not really...xenons are pretty damn easy to control. If I had this guy's character and low latency, I could've done the same.

9. Default Re: Xenon Chaos Vellum solo

I don't mean character control, more so the familiarity and response to the boss. The guy may have had more practice than would be considered little enough to be impressive, but he nevertheless knew exactly what he was doing.

10. GLADIGATORS
    IGN: Overburnd
    Server: Khaini
    Level: 210
    Job: Cannoneer
    Guild: Contagious
    usa

Default Xenon Chaos Vellum solo

I kind of agree but at the same time it seems too easy really...it gets crazy with multiple people so that's why it was designed to not be solo'd, yet if you solo it is way more predictable. However, the blade dancing and whatnot during the wide area attack was a really nice touch. He knows exactly where the edge of those hitboxes are and stands just outside them.

11. Default Re: Xenon Chaos Vellum solo

That's because of the yellow markers, and I'm sure it's more of reaction time and constantly watching the floor that's critical in this respect. But yes Vellum does have some patterns in movement and attacks (until Hyper beam suddenly appears), and I'm also fairly sure that baiting Vellum to loose some fireballs would give more time for attacking... at the greatly increased risk of dying.

What I thought might help DPS just slightly is the use of Diagonal Chase more often in less-tight quarters. But then again it's limited range does hamper much use.

At least this guy would have died twice only.

Hadriel

12. GLADIGATORS
    usa

Well yeah but this guy is like standing a character length or closer away every time. It's obvious, but being that close and only dying once or twice is still impressive.

13. Lead Ball Straight Male
    IGN: Arrg
    Server: Culverin
    Level: 192
    Job: Viper
    Guild: Century (leader)
    Alliance: Foreigner
    Texas

I disagree that it's impressive. Any job with a flash jump could do it easily, even easier with a rush skill, and stupidly easy with high status resistance to not get stunned by the falling pillars. So xenon is pretty much the easiest job (possibly only job) to do this on.

14. Default Re: Xenon Chaos Vellum solo

@Arrg The falling pillars ignores your status resist, you can be 100% and still get hit by stun. Other than that, yes, Xenon carries tons of mobility.

15. GLADIGATORS
    usa

I disagree with your retort.

Flash jump doesn't mean you snap into position, it only lets you get there faster. Saying any job with flash jump/rush could move around easily is fine, but saying any job with flash jump/rush could position themselves in such a way to take advantage is false.

Status resistance didn't even enter the conversation until now so i don't see how avoiding stuns in any way contributes to my impression of the video if i didn't even mention it.

Your last statement warrants a "no s'hit".

16. God of Terrorism Straight Male
    IGN: Bomber123
    Server: StranInSCA
    Level: 202
    Job: Terrorist
    Guild: Noctivagant
    Alliance: I dont remember
    Farm: ExpiredMobs
    usa

Resistance does nothing, and if timed right, he could have done a cannon shot instead of blade dancing. I've been able to hit him midair with blast before.

17. GLADIGATORS
    usa

I assume he wanted the guaranteed damage because wasting the time to shoot may have put him in a bad position or resulted in no damage. He knew he could finish anyway, so meh.

18. Default Re: Xenon Chaos Vellum solo

Any high mobility class could do this. This takes little to no talent, the success in the run was purely attained through pattern recognition.

Arrg is correct in his statements.