Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. Default How big a game changer is additional options?

Let me see if I can word this right.

With unlimited came a massive increase in monster and boss HP. Does the new AO system allow for character improvements on the level of the potential system?

2. I post a lot Bi Male
    IGN: ZesseiBijin
    Server: Khaini
    Level: 204
    Job: Kanna
    Guild: NEST
    Farm: Razmosia
    uk

Default Re: How big a game changer is additional options?

It looks like the boosts can be pretty damn substantial if you are lucky.

Unlike potential however, it can't be reset. So if you put Additional Options on your current equips, you are stuck with what you get. So while your items will get better, you'd have to do lots of farming/bossing if you wanted to replace them with items with better options

3. Default Re: How big a game changer is additional options?

You sure?

I read that you could use Flames to add AOs once, and it would make it tradeable until equipped. But you can still apply more Flames to reset the AOs, it's just the tradability effect that is applied once.

4. I post a lot Bi Male
    IGN: ZesseiBijin
    Level: 204
    Job: Kanna
    Guild: NEST
    Farm: Razmosia
    uk

I'm not 100% about it.
    I will be very glad to be proven wrong about this

5. Default Re: How big a game changer is additional options?

I didn't read into it very heavily but I'm pretty sure you can just keep using flames on an equip until you get a desired stat.

6. GLADIGATORS
    IGN: Overburnd
    Level: 210
    Job: Cannoneer
    Guild: Contagious
    usa

This is what max says. System doesn't make sense if it doesn't work this way.

And yeah, additional options are looking to be pretty nuts. Does anyone know what bosses drop which flames?

7. Default Re: How big a game changer is additional options?

Partially hijacking the thread.
    I hear lv 150 flames do not drop from anything and were only given out as a "x per server" hot time thing.

Wouldn't this make current 150 RA/tyrant gears suffer?

8. GLADIGATORS
    usa

Yeah, but only after chaosRA/magnus can be killed in the server that the RA/tyrant piece exists in.

9. Default Re: How big a game changer is additional options?

They don't drop from anything as far as I know, they might drop from Chaos Root Abyss bosses, maybe.

And yes, yes it would.

It's really not that big of a deal, not that you should scoff at up to, which I must emphasize because it can be much lower, 50 of a stat.

Additionally, for those of you who are wondering:

1. Items below 140 that drop or are crafted or bought from shops will not have a scissor count, they'll all have additional options, with exception of the items for which additional options are not available.

2. All items 140 or above, including those whose levels are boosted (for example, 30 level above 110 equips (140)) will have a scissor count no matter what, except equips that you had before the additional option update (so current Empress equips are not affected, nor Root Abyss or anything). The scissor count of dropped items is greater than that of items you apply Flames of Reincarnation to.

3. I don't know how it'll be for us, but flames for everything but 150 items are fairly common, 140 flames are like 50m in the server where most of the English players are, so I wouldn't really worry about not being able to get additional options on your equips unless you're using Root Abyss or Tyrant equips.
    Last edited by Grey; 2013-04-10 at 10:41 PM.

10. Default Re: How big a game changer is additional options?

So I specifically want items that are boosted to 120 or 130 if I'm looking for permanently tradeable decent skills? How rare is the level boosting?

11. Default Re: How big a game changer is additional options?

Yeah, and pretty rare, but, I didn't really keep track of the levels of items I've found, so I can't give you a good indicator of rarity.

12. Default Re: How big a game changer is additional options?

Aside from 150 flames which I didn't know didn't drop, flames are tiered to drop from their respective level bosses I believe. So Farming horntail for 140 flames is seeming to be what I'll be doing if this is the case.

13. GLADIGATORS
    usa

So...Horntail, pink bean, and the bosses had their HP increased? I know it was said that 140 flames are 50m, but what does that mean as far as a percentage? Am i going to get a flame within 10 runs? 5? 3? 1?

14. Default Re: How big a game changer is additional options?

Just based on what I've seen in most boss video's You'd get a flame every run, they don't seem very uncommon at all.

Edit: Nearly Every run. I don't think the drop rate for them is 100% but it's definitely high. going off of just how often they drop in this video.

15. Default Re: How big a game changer is additional options?

It's not. I'm pretty sure Empress drops 140 flames, Normal Zak and HT drop 120, there's just too many people with different drop lists though. They do almost always drop though.

16. Default Re: How big a game changer is additional options?

So in other terms, newly dropped and crafted items below level 140 would come with additional options and wouldn't have a scissors count unless I use a FoR on it. Is that correct?

17. GLADIGATORS
    usa

Completely unrelated unlimited question: Does arkarium drop crafted dom pendants?

18. Default Re: How big a game changer is additional options?

Yes: Source

19. Default Re: How big a game changer is additional options?

Yes.

20. Default Re: How big a game changer is additional options?

Well then, guess I'll organize my mule equips later since this update may be coming pretty soon for MapleSEA. Time to slack on Maple!