View Poll Results: Y/N?

Voters
10. You may not vote on this poll
  • Take a chance, you stupid ho.

5 50.00%
  • NOPENOPENOPE.

5 50.00%
  1. Default Is it worth it to start fresh in GMS? (Also: Scania vs Bera vs ?)

Holy balls it's been a looong time since I made a post on SP. I, of course, apologize for being the 38957296th person to ask this same, stupid question. I've been gone so long though that I'm finding it difficult to locate enough information to form any sort of educated opinion.

The story so far:
    Spoiler

So, here I am, at an impasse... should I, or should I not? I seek a high pop server, which I suppose means Scania or Bera. Specifically a higher nighttime population 'cause I live overseas now. Community more on the laid back side would be a plus. Thoughts, anyone?

2. Donator Straight Female
    IGN: icephoenix21
    Server: Scania
    Level: 212
    Job: Bishop
    Guild: DremithCross
    Alliance: Evolution
    Farm: IcePhoenix
    canada

Default Re: Is it worth it to start fresh in GMS? (Also: Scania vs Bera vs ?)

High population=/= laid back, ususally.

That depends on you, though. I know recently individuals wanted to start drama with my guild, and my guild just ignored them and couldn't care less.
    So it depends on you/your friends/your guild.

However, given that you're currently not playing the game, I personally think it's better that you don't start unless you really can control your time while playing it. It's addictive, we all know it.

3. Default Re: Is it worth it to start fresh in GMS? (Also: Scania vs Bera vs ?)

True, true. I can ignore most petty drama and tend to gravitate toward others who can as well. I'm not too worried about that.

Lately I've found myself with little reason to stay home and it's sort of breaking the bank. I figure if picking up a MMO again gets me to stay home a few nights a week, it's probably helping more than hurting at this point, ha.

4. Default Re: Is it worth it to start fresh in GMS? (Also: Scania vs Bera vs ?)

Go look at the shenanigans thread about NX spent. Starting off fresh is a lot easier than it was when you played, with events and crap. But unless you're able to wait for event exploits or big events in general, end game content will most likely be out of reach for you.

5. Default Re: Is it worth it to start fresh in GMS? (Also: Scania vs Bera vs ?)

Those are good points. I've probably spent around 1k in 8 years, but I've spent more for less, I suppose. I'm patient enough that I had 300k range on my Evan without spending real $ on my cubes and stuff.

Waiting for the events was up until the past year or so the only way to get really nice stuff in my quiet server unless you wanted to do your own cubing for every piece of gear. Maybe I'd be okay with that... maybe.

6. Default Re: Is it worth it to start fresh in GMS? (Also: Scania vs Bera vs ?)

I would consider playing on scania again if there was a "Earplugs" NX item that allowed me to block all smegas. I think the only benefit to a server like Scania is the market, at least in terms of selection. I would personally play on Bera (if I had to choose between the two) simply because there's plenty of good folks on SP that play there.

7. Default Re: Is it worth it to start fresh in GMS? (Also: Scania vs Bera vs ?)

Are they that bad at 3am? xD

I live on the other side of the world, so 3am US is pretty close to my prime time.

8. Default Re: Is it worth it to start fresh in GMS? (Also: Scania vs Bera vs ?)

Bera is quiet in the wee hours of the morning. But Scania is pretty populated 24/7. YMCK is like "Dark" except for some of the players from Holland or Germany, Europe in general, that play here.

9. Donator Straight Male
    IGN: ShinkuDragon HoukaPhoenix BoshokuRaven
    Server: Scania
    Level: 152
    Job: Batman
    Guild: IDissOrtis
    panama

Default Re: Is it worth it to start fresh in GMS? (Also: Scania vs Bera vs ?)

if you do pick scania btw, be aware that getting into ANYWHERE is a pain. currently this goes for empress and dimensional world (during 2x)

10. Default Re: Is it worth it to start fresh in GMS? (Also: Scania vs Bera vs ?)

YOU DON'T LOVE US ANYMORE JAMIE!

11. Default Re: Is it worth it to start fresh in GMS? (Also: Scania vs Bera vs ?)

As long as you remember and are okay with the fact that Maplestory is ten times the money pit that it once was back in the day, you should be fine to start anew. Getting characters to level 100 or so is a joke these days, so kicking off won't be a problem. Just be prepared to shill out either some major time or some major cash once you get into the higher levels, as without potential/etc you'll be weaker than quite a few people/not valued as highly.

12. Default Re: Is it worth it to start fresh in GMS? (Also: Scania vs Bera vs ?)

I went with Bera 'cause I'm a little biased with it being my original home server, and the population seems high enough without being too much of a hindrance. X:

구멍 앤디에 죽어 간다!! Psyche, you should join me. :D

Aye, I figure it can't be much worse than KMS. I mean, most F2P MMOs have sorta crossed the line on what's acceptable and what's not, but as far as time investment goes, that much I can tolerate.