1. Neon Atom

IGN: Kensidan
    Server: Khaini
    Level: 162
    Job: Buccaneer
    Guild: KamiSama
    Alliance: KhainiHeroes

Default Debating on coming back

So, debating on coming back to MS. I'm somewhat curious how much it would actually cost me to get back into the game, cash wise. I know I have a 11x crusader and a 16x buccanneer account info somewhere, and I know last I checked a year or two ago, they had been stripped. I'm just wondering how much IRL money it would cost to get either one of those, or both of those, equipped up to a good point.

Don't really know how to describe how well I'm looking to get them equipped, as I never cared about being the biggest damage dealer, but certainly don't want to just slap basic equipment on them. So I suppose if possible a range of numbers might be nice. I know this game has changed into more of a "free to play, pay to succeed" type game, and kind of just want to know the price. I have some disposable income, and am debating if this might be a good use of some of that and time.

2. Interdimensional Rift Straight Male
    IGN: thewatch3r
    Level: 204
    Job: Lolmaster
    Guild: Contagious
    usa

Default Re: Debating on coming back

Well idk what "equipped to a good point" means because that could be anywhere from $10-$1,000.

A clean 140 set is pretty nice and not that expensive (depending on class) and 3-6% gear is also pretty cheap nowadays.

If you are really looking to get back into maple, I'd recommend you try to merch your way up the totem poll because this game has a habit of destroying wallets.

3. Neon Atom

Based on what I remember from potentials, I'd probably be wanting in the 12% range... maybe 9%. I think thats what I had before I quit, and was later hacked.

And the problem is, I REALLY don't want to do the merch grind from scratch. I don't mind going into the lower range equips and building my way up merching, but I'd rather it dig into my wallet a bit then destroy any enjoyment I have of the game.

4. Default Re: Debating on coming back

I suggest not, to be honest

5. Interdimensional Rift Straight Male
    IGN: thewatch3r
    Level: 204
    Job: Lolmaster
    usa

Well Nexon has made getting epic gear is pretty easy because they keep throwing epic pot scrolls and miracle times at us, so 9% gear is reachable with a bit of effort. Cubing is still a b'itch and as I said before, going for whatever is currently "end game" is extremely costly.

If you are going for 12%+ gear, then you probably will need some unique items and that could run up a bit of a price tag. Root Abyss and Evo World are two things Nexon recently added that could help you gain some revenue as well.

6. Neon Atom

Thanks for the advice, both of you, but I was really looking for a ballpark figure that I'd have to just drop to get some gear in that range. I assume there is a ton of other stuff I have to do to get character up to snuff, and also probably a bunch of stuff I won't be able to get every, but just trying to figure some estimates out.

7. Default Re: Debating on coming back

I regret to say this, but with the coming Unlimited update this would be the worst time to look for any kind of gear save for rings and event medals as those would contribute fairly significantly to your range. As bosses will be buffed after Unlimited I would suggest re-visiting this topic then; otherwise I'd take LiquidSwing's advice and give returning a pass as future updates have not been positive and most of your purchased gear may be rendered obsolete if you buy them now.

8. GLADIGATORS
    IGN: Overburnd
    Level: 210
    Job: Cannoneer
    usa

If you want a full set of equipments cubed well, it's likely to be an average of $50 a piece depending on the scale of power you're trying to get. Overall looking at a few hundred to be decent relatively instantly. Keep in mind 1b = $9 or $10, NX for some wildly retarded reason is worth less than meso. Once you have all your pieces you would need to work on characters for character deck and link skills, and then i'd say you're set.

9. Default Re: Debating on coming back

Personally, i throw tons of money on this game..and it's the funnest thing ever and i simply don't care. Lmao! I spend money on my friends inthe game, i spend money on myself...and in the end...you spend money on what makes you happy/your hobbies. So. Why not? Of course, not everyone wants to do that so...merching is the best option. Maybe dig a little money out, invest in a store permit grab a surprise style box or something and get a tradable perm NX item to sell, make a couple 100mil and merch from there!

10. Neon Atom

So, what you're telling me, is 9% potential equipment is 5b each by your math? Like, I'd likely come back on my crusader, wouldn't need great weapon, just one for training, and get some equips for that.

I know there are probably a bunch of accessories that didn't exist back when I last played, and are kind of needed.

I was just curious how well equipped like, 100 bucks would get me.

11. GLADIGATORS
    IGN: Overburnd
    Level: 210
    Job: Cannoneer
    usa

Oh i said cubed well lol. 9% tempest stuff would be cheap as balls right now and you could chaos those or something. 100 bucks would get you a lot of meso if you know someone, and could easily set you up with good gear.

12. Default Re: Debating on coming back

If you have connections, and know people that know people. Things can happen. Like @Takebacker; said. Mesos are 1b: 9~11$ USD.

Honestly if you like the game and want to put money into it sure, go ahead all you.

13. Neon Atom

I know 9-12% isn't considered amazing by any means, but for a 110 just trying to train, I figure thats probably a good starting point.

14. Default Re: Debating on coming back

I suggest right now of all times being a decent time to come back really. With these events going, you can start out with some great % for nothing, even keeping them for the future would be smart, they're gonna go up later on and can make bank easily.

15. Neon Atom

I wouldn't really be able to grind or anything for the next few weeks, but what type of %/hour do people get around 11x? And is Lionheart Castle place still the best area to train at at that level?

16. Helium Atom Gay Male
    IGN: CoveralAran
    Server: Bera
    Level: 181
    Job: Zero
    Guild: Smite
    Alliance: LevelUP
    Farm: King's Landing
    netherlands

Sadly, yes. The main training area is still LHC from 110-165. You can also go to Evolving World or Dimensional Invade, but those give lesser experience.
    At 11x you can lvl up around 3-4 times in an hour if you have a good party.