1. Default Now i HAVE to make a choice between them...

Luminous had to choose between light and dark, and I have to choose between my former main and my new main as of late.

So my former main is an I/L, i make this class simply due to my interest. He can mob very well, which is the main reason why I'm still living in this game. Mobbing simply had become my "hobby" for this class, adversely i seldom go bossing (I hate to do so too), since most of the chars i made are borned to mob. Now he is lvl 192, just 8 lvls more to the final goal. I'm not sure whether i will abandon him or not after reaching lvl 200, because he is kinda pro already in my opinion, and i have no reason to build him anymore further.

During Tempest Patch, i had made a Luminous simply because my mobbing freak was alluring me to do so. Surprisingly, he mobs even better than my former main by thousandten folds!Not to mention that his equilibrium skill could aid him in bossing situation as well. He is basically an all-rounder job (at least for me). I can still endure his slow attacking speed though, since most of his skill did high % damage. But recently, the nerfs and tweaks to him are simply a turn-off. Our light/dark gauge system was already bad enough, decreasing the equilibrium duration for another 5 seconds is simply rubbing salt into the wound. I can't tolerate further, and eventually feel like to go back to my former main.

So now, I have zero idea. Which one should stay? Which one will bite the dust? Let it be decided by you guys. I'm always willing to listen to your opinion. Thanks in advance.

2. Default Re: Now i HAVE to make a choice between them...

Why do you HAVE to make a choice? Last I checked, there's room for more than one character on a server...

3. Default Re: Now i HAVE to make a choice between them...

Because their playstyle is extremely similar and I'd not want to do the same thing for second time, how repetitive..

4. Orbital Bee Cannon
    IGN: SaptaZapta
    Server: Kradia
    Level: 275
    Job: Hero
    Guild: Matriarchy
    Alliance: Peaceful

Default Re: Now i HAVE to make a choice between them...

Your opening post certainly sounds like you're not enjoying Luminous now. So don't play him. But you don't have to think of it as a death sentence. Just a suspension. Nexon always makes changes, big and small, and at some point Lumi might become fun to you again.

Also, with the level cap being raised to 250 soon, you could keep grinding your I/L pretty much forever, as long as you enjoy it.

5. Default Re: Now i HAVE to make a choice between them...

GMS Luminous don't really have to choose between light and dark, they can pretty much stay at light all the time, you only stay dark when you screw up and have equalize/change mode on cooldown.

6. Default Re: Now i HAVE to make a choice between them...

Dual equilibrium is how I do it - Equalize first, then Equilibrium (the one in the beginner job). But I have to agree that 5 seconds off our original 20 seconds is a big deal. In a way it balances us because we're doing 333% * 7 * 2 = 14 lines of 333% per cast of Absolute Kill. 14 hits every 0.8 seconds (after booster) is... quite alot more than any other class. We're just behind Mercedes and Kaiser in hit/s iirc using Equilibrium only.

But I digress. It is a significant nerf for us, and it impedes us greatly. Why don't you finish up your CL, then come back to your Lumi?

Hadriel

7. Default Re: Now i HAVE to make a choice between them...

Absolutely kill becomes 353% x 14 after you get its hyper reinforce. But yea, that -5 seconds equilibrium nerf is pretty annoying.

8. Default Re: Now i HAVE to make a choice between them...

Thats not how reinforce hypers work, they are better than 20% more damage. Goes from 333% * (1 + total_damage) to 333% * (1 + total_damage + 0.20). If you have no total damage from before this will give you 399,6% per hit when using absolutely kill (ender).

http://www.southperry.net/showthread.php?t=65562 Heres a better explaination how reinforce skills work.

9. Default Re: Now i HAVE to make a choice between them...

Agree.

Lvl 200 is always my goal, it would not change even the cap is raised. So I would not train my I/L any further than lvl 200, unless Nexon does something better to us, or I invest heavily in this game, which is impossible for me to do that. :P

Because a magician class as a main is pretty much enough for me, i wouldn't like to have another one that shares my love with my I/L

Nonetheless, the duration nerf is redundant imo..

10. Default Re: Now i HAVE to make a choice between them...

if you like mobbing, try a bam.

11. Default Re: Now i HAVE to make a choice between them...

I have one stuck at lvl 150 lol.

He is beast in party support, but i don't favor melee job much, plus my damage sucks for some unknown reason...