1. Question Delete older characters and remake during April event?

I'm struggling to make this decision: I have a couple level 70-90 characters that I'm considering deleting and recreating during this new event. Would it be worthwhile for me to do so? (taking into consideration the free cosmetic items, rings, boosted exp, etc)

These characters were made years ago, yet they have nothing unique (beta bandana, etc) that can't be stripped. SP/AP was reset during different revamps over the years. The characters are fine but in my limited experience with the current state of Maple, having just came back from some time off, I could use some input:

• level 81 Chief Bandit (was thinking about deleting and creating a Dual-Blade instead. I've read that DBs are slightly more enjoyable to play.)
    • level 72 DrK (has both "cute newbie" perma sets but DrKs are just brutal to play right now. Remake as a... Hero?)
    • level 80 Marauder (delete and create a Thunder Breaker - looking forward to the revamp)
    • level 89 Ranger (delete and remake as a WA?)

Any insight would be appreciated. Thanks!

2. Default Re: Delete older characters and remake during April event?

Oh no you don't. Sir, you're going to delete it and then make other Dark Knight. Dark Knights are like the hard mode of MS, or are you scared of the challenge brother?

Other than that, if these characters have nothing on them and you have no connection to them I say go ahead of remake them.

Dual Blades for sure are going to be a more high flying super speed class than a Shadower if that is what you're looking for. Plus, their hyper is pretty boss.

If you aren't going for the 3 pirate character card set then I'd say go for deleting your Bucc and making a TB (instead of keeping the Bucc and making a TB) since TB's after the revamp for sure become more enjoyable than Buccs.

Again, if you're wanting something new and fun go ahead and make a WA, but keep in mind with WA and TB at the moment since they aren't revamped it could be very boring getting them to 120 (if that is your plan).

Also, you have to think about how when they release revamped Cygnus Knights they're going to have there own special events and stuff and you have to ask yourself if you want to miss out on that.

3. Arrow Re: Delete older characters and remake during April event?

No, sir I'm not s-s-s-scared...

I've played a Sin/Nightwalker and finally settled on this Chief Bandit. I really enjoy the melee thief class but meso explosion mechanics are a little lackluster for me (I miss assaulter) and DB seems to be faster paced, which I enjoy. I've heard that once you obtain the mighty Shadower powers the class picks-up a little. So I'm 50/50 on this.

I should look more into this card set... Bucc is just boring. TB would sit until the revamp, because like you note below they will have some events associated which could be neat. Of course if I make a WA, I could save that for the revamp events.

Great point! I have a 93 DW that I'm getting to 120 before the revamp, so I can max out the buff. I considered just focusing on a TB and going to 120 this month with it but since the DW is almost there, might as well head to aliens.

Thanks for the input... I think I might switch up the CB to a DB... and keep the DrK.

4. Default Re: Delete older characters and remake during April event?

Well, if you have an AB it counts, I believe Xenon can count as well if you plan on making one of those.

I've played one for 6+ years so I am biased. However I have played every other class they've released recently yet I still go back to my Dark Knight. Sure, they aren't super shiny or strong, but they are rather fun and awesome in their own way. Plus, 8 second cooldown on their hyper is awesome.

5. Arrow Re: Delete older characters and remake during April event?

Ohhhh, I do have an AB!

Back in the day I would pocket heal for a couple DrKs and man, I was always soooooooooo jelly of their sweet style. Finally made one and... Of course it was after Nexon did a little revamp and tweaked some things. (RIP Buster)... If I could just get to Impale. DrKs should be remained to Determination Knights, it takes plenty of determination to level one.

6. Default Re: Delete older characters and remake during April event?

As a note, after deleting and remaking my Demon Slayer, getting the free NX items, and then deciding I wanted a different facial tattoo and deleting again, the second remake didn't give me the option to get free NX items. :( I was able to make one new character on another server to get them, though. Is there a limit to how many times you can get the free perm NX per server?

7. Default Re: Delete older characters and remake during April event?

@Rona; I believe it's one per account. As for remaking I'd say go for a DB and Hero but keep the other two for the KoC revamps.

8. Default Re: Delete older characters and remake during April event?

@Curtiss; I think it's one per server, I was able to make a DB on Zenith and redeem the perm NX and I made a demon slayer on Kradia and redeemed another set of perm NX. Unless you're limited to one set of perm NX per class type per account or something.

9. Default Re: Delete older characters and remake during April event?

I guess the only way to test it is to make two characters of a different class on the same server and see if both get the outfits.

10. Default Re: Delete older characters and remake during April event?

Actually I am playing as a DK and is funny as hell, even if they are hard to do high damage. Evo world helped me a lot.

11. Default Re: Delete older characters and remake during April event?

Chief Bandit gameplay does pick up at 4th job (but so does DB gameplay). I personally prefer my DB over my Shad any day, but others find it the other way around. Shad gameplay is extremely gimmicky (which can be frustrating at times), whereas DB gameplay is more fluid and straightforward.

12. Default Re: Delete older characters and remake during April event?

get a mihile to 100 and make a ua

free 8 slot expansion on all your inventory slots on the new char

13. Arrow Re: Delete older characters and remake during April event?

So, potentially only one new character (per server) would be allowed to get the free items. I wonder if anyone can 100% confirm this, hmmm... I'll test it out later today. Because if that was the case, then this idea is for not and I can only choose one character to replace.

It's very tough to do, decent damage let alone high damage. I was struggling to clear the first tier of monster park (a few weeks ago) where every other class cruised. I of course don't have tons of items (evo rings, etc) to help so I've been depending on fusing to get % gear. Which has helped. I'll try out the evo world, see if it improves my training or items. (haven't done any evo world yet) I really wanna like the DrK but it's such a test of my will power.

Determination Knights!

Yes, the Chief Bandit mechanics just feel gimmicky and clunky. Meso explosion was fun the first hour but it's not very fluid. It's reassuring to hear that DB has smooth game play through the jobs... I'm leaning at swapping these two classes.

Mihile only requires level 100 for the creation of a UA?! (where the other "CKs" are 120)... I have a 93 Dawn Warrior, so I find this tempting. Even if it's 100 levels to only 27, my DW missed out on the revamp reset scroll so the skills are a little whack.

... and I assume that UAs get the extra 8 slots? Hmm, guess I could UA into a Hero (or DrK)