Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. Default About Shadow Empress and DR

Does anyone know if the evolving system empress spams DR whenever she feels like it if your in the map with multiple people like normal Empress? Also if the rest of your party waits in the link outside would she then start obeying cooldowns for DR? If they come back in after I assume they'd be able to still see the drops right?

2. GLADIGATORS
    IGN: Overburnd
    Server: Khaini
    Level: 210
    Job: Cannoneer
    Guild: Contagious
    usa

Default Re: About Shadow Empress and DR

It seems to work like DR is supposed to but i've only been in with multiple people once and it didn't last long. L> confirmation.

3. Donator Straight Male
    IGN: ShinkuDragon HoukaPhoenix BoshokuRaven
    Server: Scania
    Level: 152
    Job: Batman
    Guild: IDissOrtis
    panama

duo'd with bomber in 9 minutes (once), she DR'd like she was supposed to, so i guess confirming it somewhat?

4. Default Re: About Shadow Empress and DR

Err, I wouldn't really consider that confirmation. Her DR cooldown resets when she SWITCHES aggro, not simply because of multiple people attacking. If one person is doing the most DPS or keeping the aggro the entire fight it doesn't really make a difference.

5. Donator Straight Male
    IGN: ShinkuDragon HoukaPhoenix BoshokuRaven
    Server: Scania
    Level: 152
    Job: Batman
    Guild: IDissOrtis
    panama

hence the somewhat

6. Default Re: About Shadow Empress and DR

I haven't heard of any groups in my ally dying to DR at Shadow Empress.

7. Nuclear testing facility Straight Male
    IGN: VerrKol
    Server: Zenith
    Level: 204
    Job: Bowmaster
    Guild: LegacyReborn
    Farm: Kolville
    usa

The couple times I ran, the cd on DR was very consistent. Of course I went with a Kaiser hitting cap so I'm not sure I would ever take aggro anyway.

8. Default Re: About Shadow Empress and DR

The biggest issue for testing this at all is the fact that you cannot use any wheels to bring yourself back to life. Dced or dead and you are screwed unless you have a backup revive mule hanging around. Well, I may consider testing it later, I know someone that always manages to break me out of the aggro chain so somehow we always end up dying randomly thanks to out of sync DR.

9. GLADIGATORS
    usa

Default About Shadow Empress and DR

Could you get a bishop to use gate on you before you go in? Maybe soul stone too?

10. Default Re: About Shadow Empress and DR

Soul Stone is broken atm, not sure about bish hyper.

11. Default Re: About Shadow Empress and DR

Bishop's hyper seems to be active forever, its like using phantom's final feint. You take a full DR damage and still end up being alive but, if you attack DR again you would die. It's not particularly going to help you at empress unless you attack very very slow. If you bring anyone that attacks too fast or if you're the lowest hp guy, you're going to see yourself dying twice (like literally) because the other guy is going to trigger DR on you too lol.

12. GLADIGATORS
    usa

I've only ever had gate casted on me once and it didn't run out for the whole time i was online. I think it would work fine but a revive is a revive right? When there isn't wheels, i can just bring a bishop in and have two gates available.

13. Default Re: About Shadow Empress and DR

I was just explaining that the "gate" skill isn't really all that useful, soul stone was much better at least you stopped attacking. Lets say you used your hyper on empress and she DR'd while you had your skill key held down, there's literally no way in hell you can stop from dying whether or not you have gate on. All people with hurricane type skills get screwed over on DR for this. I couldn't ever stop my phantom from dying even with final feint on on phantom whenever I was spamming mille.

14. GLADIGATORS
    usa

Well the thing is i only ever use my hyper when it is safe so i cast after DR is done and then use barrage. The one run i did with @CrazyForDex; i was killed from lag or something but i wouldn't have been stupid enough to attack twice because we were waiting for it the whole time. Having gate on us would help a lot for bossing imo.

15. Default Re: About Shadow Empress and DR

If the aggro changed having gate makes no difference for you. The aggro changing ignores the regular DR cd intervals, you could still do it normally without gate, the only times I'd consider using gate or final feint even is when you just want to be lazy and tank Flames and/or tornadoes (I guess this applies most to you). Small exceptions are the classes with venom may end up blocking DR icon so you can't tell exactly when it's over. I don't know how to save you from this though lol, DBs can just use CoH, I don't know what to do if I was a NL or Shad, unless you just wait extra 10 secs or something to be safe.

16. GLADIGATORS
    usa

Nah i doubt the aggro changed or will change. He doesn't have the dps to change it in his favor unless i'm like you said in tornado but we both have potion pots so it's not like we can't pot. I don't think he attacked very much before i died because he'd never seen empress before. We both have summons that don't trip DR so i'm still not seeing why it doesn't help. o.o

17. Default Re: About Shadow Empress and DR

After SC I've tried the evo empress with a guildmate, it seems like the aggro doesn't change at all at evo empress, we both capped damage. She stays consistent so DR doesn't go random. That's good news for a lot of you out there, evo empress has no physical resist btw, so almost anybody can cap with at least 100% boss or something, assuming you already cap zakum.

Offtopic:The SC also changed spawn rate of link 3 room, it went down!

18. GLADIGATORS
    usa

And so the people who said shoulders would be <200m in 2 weeks were wrong. Hope it's not as bad as it sounds though.

19. Default Re: About Shadow Empress and DR

Evo Empress doesn't have the same DR as normal Empress, it shares its DR with Akyrum. It should be neither full map nor casted willy nilly.

20. Default Re: About Shadow Empress and DR

Even if you stop attacking in time, Carte Noir can trigger it. :(
    According to the skill description, every time we die, we should get a 4 second of god-mode, but yea...it doesn't work. Everything that came after Phantom, literally bypasses that. Aswan Totems, Magnus, RA, etc. It became an useless skill.
    Ok, that was a little off-topic but I'm happy someone finally mentions this.