1. Default Nexon closing North American Dungeon Fighter Online

More...

2. Default Re: Nexon closing North American Dungeon Fighter Online

Can't say I didn't see it coming. Damn shame too, since the game was light years better than anything else Noxen puts out.

Weelp, time to make a Korean account. Well, later.

3. Default Re: Nexon closing North American Dungeon Fighter Online

They might've done better if they didn't make it north american exclusive. The game was quite fun, and several friends and I tried to bypass the IP block but in the end, the laggy gameplay wasn't worth the effort.

4. Default Re: Nexon closing North American Dungeon Fighter Online

Yea, I was also looking into ways to play it when it came out. It looked pretty fun.
    Hope Nexon figures out that it was a bad idea to go with NA only.

5. Default Re: Nexon closing North American Dungeon Fighter Online

This.. is.. really sad.

6. Orbital Bee Cannon
    IGN: SaptaZapta
    Server: Kradia
    Level: 275
    Job: Hero
    Guild: Matriarchy
    Alliance: Peaceful

Default Re: Nexon closing North American Dungeon Fighter Online

I would assume that if it were technically feasible, they'd have opened it to all regions in a last-ditch effort to save the game.
    That they didn't indicates that you really need low ping to be able to play it.

7. Default Re: Nexon closing North American Dungeon Fighter Online

This is rather sad, but didn't they release content at a horrible rate/pace?

8. Default Re: Nexon closing North American Dungeon Fighter Online

Last content update was at least 6 - 7 months ago.

9. Default Re: Nexon closing North American Dungeon Fighter Online

It was fun while it lasted.

10. Default Re: Nexon closing North American Dungeon Fighter Online

This is the first time I've actually been mad at Nexon.

11. Idiot. Male
    IGN: Enfris
    Server: Reboot GMS
    Level: 173
    Job: Evan
    Guild: Forever alone.jpg
    Alliance: Forever alone.jpg
    California

I'm pretty sure everyone knew it was going to happen.

12. Flatpanel TV
    IGN: HarbingerLey
    Server: Mardia
    Level: 203
    Job: Demon Slayer
    Guild: [L]ittleBusters
    Farm: Dominion
    usa

i didn't get to log in with my friend to play male mage orz

13. Certified Pimento Bi Male
    IGN: xxxxFenixR
    Server: Bera
    Level: Mix
    Job: Severals
    Guild: None
    Alliance: Nada
    Farm: Wut?
    venezuela

It was technically possible to open it up, at least for SA since the distance isn't that high and Pings aren't exorbitant. It apparently wasn't rentable(?) for them, and we all know nexon loves their mawneys.

14. Lead Ball

IGN: KomodoreJP
    Server: GMSKradia
    Level: 200
    Job: Kaiser
    Guild: Motown
    Alliance: Dominion
    Louisiana

It probably didn't happen because the game is Peer-to-Peer. If your internet is bad, you can't connect to anyone meaning you can't party, or PvP. It's what made certain aspects of PvP possible (warp grabs, certain OTGs, etc.).

Someone correct me if I'm wrong on how P2P works though. I just assume someone in Europe/South America would have issues connecting with someone in North America and playing together without lag.

15. Orbital Bee Cannon
    IGN: GatlingPunch
    Server: Bellocan
    Level: 200
    Job: Gear 2nd Pirate
    Guild: Virtues
    Alliance: NARs

To all the people that denied DFO was dying,
    Spoiler

The game never stood a chance when compared to it's original DnF counterpart. It was a very slow bleeding death. Also didn't help the only active forums for the game other than the Nexon forums was about as friendly as the streets of Detroit. I apologize if I offended anyone with this joke.

At least a few permanently good things came out of playing this game. I'd never have given MLP a shot if I didn't have a couple days spent on profession grinding, nor would I ever have found the magic of podcasts. Indirectly I also gotta thank DFO for Homestuck. Thanks, DFO!

But seriously, I won't forget the friendships I made. Especially @MariaColette @CrimsonJohnny @Dredragon I shall not forget the good times we had in DFO. Thanks for the friendships in that game! I'll see you in all in other games, mostly LoL.

16. Default Re: Nexon closing North American Dungeon Fighter Online

Yep! Dfo is gone but SP is still here so we can all just chill here like we have been. I didn't even play dfo too much after one point. One part of me wanted to play, because the thought of breaking monsters with my hands was awesome, even though people hated on monks when I was playing I think. o - o
    But another part of me was like meh bored, no one is here to party with etc.

So like many others, dfo was the first mmo I really liked. I was so excited when I started playing, and the excitement only rivaled that of new pokemon releases.
    Sad to see it go but meh, still got LoL. And Lost Saga is going to reopen soon, so I'll be okay since that was the only other game I could keep coming back to AND enjoy when I didn't have league yet.
    (Kept coming back to maple, but only enjoyed it up to 60 then it was boring grindy work.)