Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
  1. Default Re: DFO NA is closing.

I was going to come back during the summer, and found it very suspicious that there were no updates for months. This really was my favorite MMO after playing so many before DFO.

Although my time was fairly short in here(mostly on during breaks), I was glad to have met all of you.

2. Default Re: DFO NA is closing.

I think the only reason it's still around is because its cash shop items are so expensive that even if they have a lower amount of paying players it still results in higher income. Stuff in DN is so expensive that I don't know how people can find it legitimately priced fairly. One of the reasons I never got into it.

Plus I got fu'cked out of both Jump events because of those server fails, which completely killed my interest in taking it back up more recently. I couldn't even start the tutorial for the second event because of the massive server issues and for no apparent reason the game never registered my application for the first one even though the site insisted I was signed up.

Yep...so DN might go next at this rate. So little players and I hear the lag is still pretty bad. Those cash shop prices and gullible/clueless people seems to be the only reason it's still alive.

3. Default Re: DFO NA is closing.

Sounds like Maple.

What kind of business you running here Nexon?!

4. Default Re: DFO NA is closing.

Not sure if it's considered necroposting if the topic is on the top of the board, but out of curiousity, how many months was NA DFO behind the korean version as of the day it went down?

Just wondering how up to date Nexon NA kept DFO.

5. Lead Ball

IGN: KomodoreJP
    Server: GMSKradia
    Level: 200
    Job: Kaiser
    Guild: Motown
    Alliance: Dominion
    Louisiana

Default Re: DFO NA is closing.

At the time of closure? 2-2.5 years. At the time of the last update (September)? Maybe 1-1.5 years. We weren't expecting the 80/85 cap for at least a year, but afaik DnF wasn't updated much past a few second awakenings and the new cap it seems in the time since their big display in July/August so the time gap may have not changed as much as it could have.

6. Default Re: DFO NA is closing.

Ironically, right afterwards, Neople's Studio President talks about how they might make a sequel....right after ours gets canned.
    http://www.mmoculture.com/2013/04/du...ential-sequel/

7. Default Re: DFO NA is closing.

Closed today.

8. Certified Pimento Bi Male
    IGN: xxxxFenixR
    Server: Bera
    Level: Mix
    Job: Severals
    Guild: None
    Alliance: Nada
    Farm: Wut?
    venezuela

RIP DFO NA, was certainly a good game even though i could only solo all of it :)

9. Orbital Bee Cannon
    IGN: GatlingPunch
    Server: Bellocan
    Level: 200
    Job: Gear 2nd Pirate
    Guild: Virtues
    Alliance: NARs

And thus marked the end of an age. It was a shame the community didn't expand enough that Nexon's crappy advertising/management was overlooked.

*heads back to the DoTA community*