Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
  1. Default Re: DFO NA is closing.

In memoriam. I'm really gonna miss these guys. ;;

2. Default Re: DFO NA is closing.

I came back to play DFO again and now it is dead, oh well, I am still going to hit 70.

3. Default Re: DFO NA is closing.

Kinda happy to be honest.

Finally free from Nexon and any reason to ever check this site. Besides, at this point, we all knew Nexon abandoned DFO. It's a shame they ruined an amazing game.

Spoiler

4. Default Re: DFO NA is closing.

):

B> Reinvite to guild plz.

5. Lead Ball

IGN: KomodoreJP
    Server: GMSKradia
    Level: 200
    Job: Kaiser
    Guild: Motown
    Alliance: Dominion
    Louisiana

Default Re: DFO NA is closing.

Ditto.

6. Orbital Bee Cannon
    IGN: GatlingPunch
    Server: Bellocan
    Job: Gear 2nd Pirate
    Guild: Virtues
    Alliance: NARs

I'm not surprised at all that this would happen. The game had a good start, but they just got lazy and put in no careful monitoring of the game, leading to bannings of legit players, plus the only actual fan-site for the game is plain terrible in general. I'm actually glad I jumped ship so I could devote my time to more lively/fun games and communities. You had promise, DFO. However, you failed at keeping people's attention into the game. One person is definitely going to be pissed, seeing his XFire profile shows 6,100 hours put into the game, and that profile was from 6 months ago.

YOU were the one who took DavidTennant?! You bastard! I could have had that name! D:<

7. Default Re: DFO NA is closing.

8. Orbital Bee Cannon

9. Default Re: DFO NA is closing.

This is what happens when you constantly fu'ck up events, constantly screw players, constantly allow hackers to reign, and constantly allow botters to flourish. People stop playing. The amount of times I've heard from my friends who play DFO about Nexon NA's terrible management of it makes me surprised it wasn't closed sooner.

10. Orbital Bee Cannon

This is what happens when you let an auto-ban program take care of problematic players. As far as I knew there were never any actual GMs in the game that would manually take care of bots and hackers. That mass banning period didn't help the game at all either.

11. Default Re: DFO NA is closing.

I'm sorry for your loss, but I've seen too much blind Nexon hate over the years (Or maybe I just view Nexon NA in a more positive light than most since I play Vindictus, which they have handled quite well so far, and no other Nexon NA games at this point.) so I just have to ask:

What really happened here? Did players abandon it due to Nexon's lack of interest in the game? Or did Nexon abandon it due to players' lack of interest in the game?

From the outside looking in, it seemed like DFO, despite being wildly popular in Asia, always had a small yet dedicated fanbase in the west. Much like Mabinogi. (Which is probably next in line.)

Hell, I'm surprised Nexon NA kept DFO up for as long as they did with how dead I heard DFO was. (Someone told be that there was a Halloween event still up in January.)

12. Default Re: DFO NA is closing.

Isn't that exactly what happens in GMS right now too?

I detect some foreshadowing.

13. Orbital Bee Cannon

It's a bit of both ends, but mostly began with Nexon first. Lack of actual GMs patrolling the game should have already been a red flag, but most of us were too ignorant to see that as a bad sign. The game got really bad from a mass hacking and even banning wave about 1-2 years ago, made more people really pissed and leave the game. All that remained were hardcore players or players that still enjoyed the game despite being infested with bots and gold sellers that messed with the economy. Given that the last actual update was back in December, Nexon clearly abandoned the game somewhere at that point. That just ended up pissing off even more people because they felt Nexon didn't care about the game anymore. Boy do I feel like a complete moron for flaunting DFO around the forums like it's the best thing ever, when come a couple years later the game is terminally ill. Them closing the game is simply confirming the final nail in the coffin from December. Overall though, it was just a terrible self-fulfilling cycle. The game didn't even have more than one world, while DnF (Korean DFO) had I think 8-10 worlds.

tl;dr
    Not enough people recruited to DFO -> Not enough players to keep Nexon's attention -> Nexon doesn't take as good care of the game -> People leaving due to Nexon's bad management -> Rinse and repeat until it's gotten to where it is now

GMs aren't banning hackers/botters in Maple anymore?

Well, in a mean but realistic sense perhaps the money they're saving from not running the DFO servers and department would go to having more GMs in Maplestory again.

14. Default Re: DFO NA is closing.

Every month or two I see complaints about the game massively banning people for no reason while Nexon doesn't respond properly. Plus I see complaints about hacked gear, hackers taking over maps, and botters flooding markets all the time.

That's exactly the same issues DFO had.

The only difference that currently exists is that MS still has a paying player base. If the developers continue to release lackluster content and constant revamps that will change.
    I'm not saying it will happen anytime soon, but GMS isn't exactly on the road to success.

15. Default Re: DFO NA is closing.

Popularity died off somewhere in early 2012, but I never really guessed it was THAT bad. I love the game, it was just that I had done (mostly) everything I had wanted to do and was pretty much just waiting for new content. The stuff they released in Asia between then and now has been absolutely amazing too.

16. Water

IGN: FasterHarder
    Server: Dirgie
    Level: 85
    Job: HotSexyRedhead
    Guild: TeamRocket/Doggies

I gonna pm you my skpye and steam ID. You have been one of the few people I liked from both Maple and DFO.
    I wouldnt mind this. You have me on skype just give the word.

Its been a fun ride. It been an honor to be in TeamRocket with almost everyone in the guild.

17. Default Re: DFO NA is closing.

Aw how saddening. DFO was always fun to come back to every now and then.

RIP my army of mages. Queen Binoche enjoyed her reign.

Spoiler

18. Default DFO NA is closing.

I'm sad we'll never get to play female Slayer.

19. Spirit of the Arrow Bi Female
    IGN: MariettaRC
    Server: Windia
    Job: Bowmistress
    Guild: KoopaForce
    Alliance: KoopaEmpire
    Nebraska

I'm glad I didn't have to abandon my Physical Battle Mage build for Magical.

... I was still hoping for 80/85 cap, though. ;_; If I could access the other regions, I would just move there.

20. Default Re: DFO NA is closing.

Reminds me of this entire fall/winter for Dragon Nest when the official forums were full of speculation on whether or not Nexon would even keep it. The game wasn't even playable for like 3months.

Some people would even discuss who should get it once Nexon lost it.