1. Orbital Bee Cannon
    IGN: GatlingPunch
    Server: Bellocan
    Level: 200
    Job: Gear 2nd Pirate
    Guild: Virtues
    Alliance: NARs

Default Re: Pacific Rim (Now out!)

Forgot to edit this thread. The movie came out about a week and a half ago. I went all out and watched the 3-D, paying for my two sisters as well. It was worth every single penny. There probably won't be another mecha/monster movie like this for a long time to come. It may not be a movie with Pixar Toy Story levels of writing, but god damn it was entertaining, you feel for most of the characters, and had next level CGI. Reviews were very favorable too, a very good thing. If you have any love for giant monsters and/or mechas, watch it.

2. Deluxe Refrigerator Straight Male
    IGN: Blackraven16
    Server: Khaini
    Level: 176
    Job: Fire/Posion
    Guild: Osomga
    usa

Like you went to that movie for the story anyways. You when for the giant mechas beating the pomegranate outta monsters.

3. Default Re: Pacific Rim (Now out!)

It was great in 3D

4. I post a lot Bi Male
    IGN: ZesseiBijin
    Level: 204
    Job: Kanna
    Guild: NEST
    Farm: Razmosia
    uk

Was better than expected. It fell back on some cliches at some parts, but the story was still "OK".

The fight scenes were awesome, and i'm really glad they made an action film without a shaky camera. Some of the deaths were pretty horrific, the Kaiju were genuinely scary.

5. Default Re: Pacific Rim (Now out!)

Great movie hate some of the cliches they used but I didn't go for the story :P(though it was good), also reading that they want to make a sequel and looking at the money they have made(according to wiki) makes me sad.

Also razmos I didn't even notice it but now that I think it THANK GOD I hate that stupid overused effect.

Spoiler

6. Monster Truck Tire Straight Male
    IGN: Triggernometry
    Server: Supports
    Job: TeamSecret
    Guild: BigDaddy<3

If there's any sequel there's gonna be...
    Matador Fury
    Technical Information
    Given Name Matador Fury
    Launch Date September 14, 2017[1]
    Classification Mark-3
    Status Unknown
    Country of Origin Mexico

7. I post a lot Bi Male
    uk

Wasn't Matador Fury one of the ones already destroyed before the events of the film? They said there was only 4 left.

8. Monster Truck Tire Straight Male

9. Default Re: Pacific Rim (Now out!)

Yup, really entertaining movie with constant suspense although the chick wasn't exactly the best actress.. But she was kinda cute ;)

10. Default Re: Pacific Rim (This summer 2013)

I'll be honest...I saw the preview of this movie when going to see the new Superman Movie, and I thought the whole, "We need two pilots for one mech!" thing was utterly stupid. I was actually liking the entire preview until I saw that, it just seemed like, from the preview, a silly plot device so that the main character can save the day.

I also hope they don't cheap out on the "Giant Robots vs Monsters" scenes like the new Star Trek movie did with Space Battles. That was so disappointing.

11. Default Re: Pacific Rim (This summer 2013)

I found it awfully predictable and I'm usually the person who doesn't predict anything in movies and just goes along with the flow ('cause I'm slow like that).
    However, it was very entertaining and we had a lot of fun watching it. I loved the child actress. So cute!

12. I post a lot Bi Male
    uk

Default Re: Pacific Rim (This summer 2013)

Agreed, the "two pilots" thing was a very convenient plot device. and it was also a incredibly thinly veiled metaphor.

"It's hard, to be connected to someone for so long, and then to have them just suddenly gone. I'm not sure if I will be able to connect with anybody else" - More or less a word for word quote regarding the linking process.

13. Default Re: Pacific Rim (This summer 2013)

the scene after the credits rolled was hilarious

14. Default Re: Pacific Rim (This summer 2013)

Damn it , I didn't see it. Gotta learn to stay until the very end.

Overall I enjoyed it but I felt a bit disappointed about it. I felt it lacked some depth in its plot. I also didn't like that Mako being so cute seemed to have been relieved to just being the protagonist's "girl o hook up with". She barely spoke during the fight scenes and it was mostly the other guy leading the battles. I guess its because she was a rookie but if theres a 2nd movie I hope she steps up her acting.

Also I can't help but think this movie came out of the project to make an evangelion movie that hollywood had.

15. Default Re: Pacific Rim (This summer 2013)

I loved it. My Mecha willy was fully delighted by said film. Can't wait to see the other two.

16. Default Re: Pacific Rim (This summer 2013)

Other two?

17. I post a lot Bi Male
    uk

Supposedly going to be a trilogy. Hollywood sure loves trilogies these days.

18. Default Re: Pacific Rim (This summer 2013)

I wonder how that would work. They could easily do a prequel, but how would they pull off a sequel?

19. Monster Truck Tire Straight Male

20. Default Re: Pacific Rim (This summer 2013)

Spoiler