1. Default being rejected doesn't mean I have to stop what I love to do!

pineapple for the bowtie! haha

2. Default Re: being rejected doesn't mean I have to stop what I love to do!

Yes it does.

Stop making awesome, smooth and entrancing animations!

3. Default Re: being rejected doesn't mean I have to stop what I love to do!

Freelance. Start your own business.

Pfff who needs college. Some of the most successful people never went to college.

4. Default Re: being rejected doesn't mean I have to stop what I love to do!

Yeah, you can easily learn to animate by yourself! Something a lot of people need to focus on is solid key poses with good silhouettes. The big problem is that the industry is very contact-based and that's how many jobs are often gotten.

Anyhoo, I've always liked how your animations feel like there's a good sense of weight in them. Do you animate frame-by-frame or do primary/secondary keys? I'm still a bit tired, but I'll comment on what I can. You other animators should pipe up as well! I'm super nub at animation still, don't forget!

• I find it kind of odd how he's facing us, anticipates downward, but then twists and moves forward.
    • Is he walking or running? A fairly big anticipation like that makes me think he should be running, but the frames tell me he's walking.
    • His far leg disappears in a frame.
    • He goes from a backward C-curve to a C-curve in one drawing, then back to backward C-curve in one drawing. It looks like you were trying to do some kind of anticipation for the kick, but it sticks out to me.
    • You have quite a few drawings with quick, harsh transitions. Did you play around with smears for them? Even a single inbetween with 1 exposure might have made it smoother, or did you just not want to over-do the smears? xd
    • The air to ground hand-stand frames are kinda wonky. His leg is straight and in the air, then suddenly hits the ground and his knee is bent.
    • I am le tired. ;-;

poopy Sheridan stuff

5. Default Re: being rejected doesn't mean I have to stop what I love to do!

omgsh jean haha thanks for your comment

everything is pure frame by frame (except for the last moment where he's flying in midair!

-the whole thing is kind of based off street fighter, kind of my whole inspiration for anything like this, so that's why faced like that.
    -it does disappear, i forgot to do it in clean up lol
    -i have no idea what that means LOL
    -i don't think I have any smears, not sure how to do them in flash
    -i felt that was the best course of action seeing how abrupt it was (everything in this is illogical really, it's a street fighter parody lol)
    -LOVE YOU <3

my plans are to self teach, I know that i'm extremely motivated and passionate about what I want to do, so I'm going to attain it on my own terms. I'm a personable person, I've started network about 4 years ago and know quite a few people in industry. I'm going to work and produce mini (SHORTshort) films shocasing my talents, while crafting my technique.

I wanted to get into sheridan so I could have that degree, but now i dont care for that degree. I'm getting a diploma in Visual merchandising which I already know I can get an actual career outside of animation (I've gotten few job offers already). In a way it's perfect, and don't feel like i wasted any time at all in school!

ahh i got work soon! hopefully this all makes sense !!

thanks jean for your comment! <3
    Last edited by Miek; 2013-03-30 at 03:04 PM. Reason: found out what smears is!

6. Default Re: being rejected doesn't mean I have to stop what I love to do!

KEEP DOIN THAT GOOD STUFF, SON.