1. Default Cops Pose as Punks on the Internet

Boston Punk Zombies are Watching You!

I hope Providence police officers have thought of more productive areas in which to make use of their funds. This is asinine.

2. Certified Pimento Bi Male
    IGN: xxxxFenixR
    Server: Bera
    Level: Mix
    Job: Severals
    Guild: None
    Alliance: Nada
    Farm: Wut?
    venezuela

Default Re: Cops Pose as Punks on the Internet

And why are they doing this again?

3. Orbital Bee Cannon
    IGN: SaptaZapta
    Server: Kradia
    Level: 275
    Job: Hero
    Guild: Matriarchy
    Alliance: Peaceful

So the good people of Boston can sleep at night, instead of being subjected to rock concerts?

4. Certified Pimento Bi Male
    venezuela

Yeah, thats the part im wondering. How stopping home concerts can be illegal or more important than, i dunno, Drugs or killers or some pineappleed up pomegranate like that?

5. Default Re: Cops Pose as Punks on the Internet

So they should just let people who commit minor crimes go because there are bigger fish to catch?

6. Default Re: Cops Pose as Punks on the Internet

How do you have an annoying live concert without anyone nearby calling the police though? Isn't it enough to break them up when they're in progress?

7. Certified Pimento Bi Male
    venezuela

Thats something i can understand and relate with (pineappleing kids doing the same pomegranate with their stupid Audio Systems in their cars because its the cool pomegranate in my country). Although i do find it a little excessive to do anything before it even happens.

8. Orbital Bee Cannon
    IGN: SaptaZapta
    Server: Kradia
    Level: 275
    Job: Hero
    Guild: Matriarchy
    Alliance: Peaceful

It's better to prevent a crime than to catch the culprits after it's committed.

By the time police show up - and especially by the time they're done breaking up the party - you have an entire neighborhood awake, babies crying, dogs barking, people will have lost 2 or more hours of sleep and who knows how long it would take them to settle down...
    Obviously not as bad as murders or drug rings, but also not something you want happening regularly where you live.

9. Default Re: Cops Pose as Punks on the Internet

Many of these venues are found in low-rent neighborhoods in which the majority of the denizens are college-age and probably not about to complain. A good portion of venue owners have taken steps in ensuring the neighborhood is informed about any upcoming shows; some have even reinforced their walls with noise-cancelling surfaces. I have personally been to over sixty of these types of shows in the Providence and Boston areas and have never seen one shut down due to a neighbor's complaints.

I think the issue the cops are trying to address is the distribution of money in the form of donations to the venue and touring bands as well as said houses not being zoned or cleared by the fire department to hold any large amount of people on a regular basis. A venue owner will never profit from these shows, however. Potential drug use (although as they're targeting punk shows, the most they'll ever see is a bit of weed) and underage drinking could be factors but both of those things will also occur literally everywhere else in the area.