Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. Default Get a Chaos Vellum Hat or Get a Root Abyss Hat?

Assuming playing Xenon and keeping in mind miracle enhancement scrolls, which is better to use? Just looking at stats the lvl 150 RA helm wins with a total of 80 stat, vs total of 69 stats from Vellum hat. I just don't quite understand how well the miracle enhance bonuses would help to kill this difference in base stats. Just wondering which is better to use as a helm for future sets.

edit: After digging around some threads and pages, I've sorta concluded that chaos vellum hat wins in stat boosts, but would be great to have more opinion on the matter.

2. Default Re: Get a Chaos Vellum Hat or Get a Root Abyss Hat?

the real question is are we strong enough to defeat chaos vellum

3. Default Re: Get a Chaos Vellum Hat or Get a Root Abyss Hat?

By the time we get both, we'll get unlimited patch, even if not alone, we can kill Vellum. Worst scenario is... we buy off hackers, which isn't unlikely at all. I hope it doesn't come to this though.

4. Default Re: Get a Chaos Vellum Hat or Get a Root Abyss Hat?

we already have both

5. Default Re: Get a Chaos Vellum Hat or Get a Root Abyss Hat?

I'm talking about damage cap removal, which we don't have. I know damn well so many of us out there can double if not triple the damage we doing only if damage cap weren't sitting in our faces. Also, some of us still don't have hyper skills yet.

Both referred to the Miracle scrolls and unlimited patch though.

6. Orbital Bee Cannon
    IGN: SaptaZapta
    Server: Kradia
    Level: 275
    Job: Hero
    Guild: Matriarchy
    Alliance: Peaceful

Default Re: Get a Chaos Vellum Hat or Get a Root Abyss Hat?

So the real question is, will hackers and their customers be allowed to keep their Chaos Vellum Hats... and their accounts.

7. Default Re: Get a Chaos Vellum Hat or Get a Root Abyss Hat?

Or we being 5 or 6 Limgoons and kill Vellum. I'm considering future options, not whether or not it can be done now. In fact, I don't even expect it to be done right now under current conditions, it's just impossible for us to do it legitly.

8. Orbital Bee Cannon Straight Male
    IGN: Musiphe
    Server: Reboot
    Level: 277
    Guild: Epic
    Alliance: Fatal
    Colorado

You're forgetting PDR changes in Unlimited, so people WILL be doing less damage, unless they stack a bazillion PDR Ignore and have a far bigger range than they do currently.

9. Default Re: Get a Chaos Vellum Hat or Get a Root Abyss Hat?

There are tons of people out there restricted by damage cap alone, new PDR changes or not, this is biggest impact. I know we're going to do about at least 30% less damage than before, that's nothing compared to being limited by the damage cap issue. We're still several updates behind, we haven't even begun to implement the additional stats system yet soon to come. It would at least bolster up our damage. There is also the upcoming extra bonus potential line, how you view that as of any importance at all is personal opinions though.

10. Orbital Bee Cannon Straight Male
    Colorado

Not when you're talking about killing Vellum, which he will have 300% PDR soon. You can have 2mil ~ 2mil range, but your damage will be utter pomegranate against him if you don't have an obscene amount of PDR Ignore.

Either you're overestimating the power in Unlimited, or you're severely underestimating the PDR changes.

11. Default Re: Get a Chaos Vellum Hat or Get a Root Abyss Hat?

I don't know about obscene, but just stacking 2 weapons of pure PDR of 60% each, is already enough to reduce that PDR down to about 50%. This doesn't include skill PDR, nor nebs nor deck, but it does include Leafre set. Perhaps you're right, I underestimate these changes (only to Vellum and CPB as far as I'm concerned) but, I find nothing wrong with adapting to what you need as long as its a new character. The next thing you know, NexonAm would just play the Marvel machine for their schemes just like they did for the RA sets.

Regardless, people doing 5mil lines vs 1mil lines is enough of a big impact alone, not even comparing with the 50mil lines those super funded guys are dealing. Just with current content alone, without even bringing an AB to our current Chaos Abyss bosses could we ever hope to kill one (which is the sad truth) and the real reason being that damage cap slap in the face. I still find it quite sad 20bil hp is taken out in 15secs, and I probably can't imagine myself doing that, who knows. It's probably taking a optimistic approach to it but, until said changes happen, I haven't seen it as impossible yet.

12. Default Re: Get a Chaos Vellum Hat or Get a Root Abyss Hat?

The individual lines on weapons aren't additive, they're multiplicative with each other as well. If you have 2 lines of 30 on two weapons, then you'll be left with 300% * (1-30/100)(1-30/100)(1-30/100)(1-30/100), or 72% DEF, or -72% damage. There's a big difference between doing 52% of your damage and 28% of your damage, you'd be doing like 86% less damage.

You can't get more than like, what, 40%? on a single line.

13. Default Re: Get a Chaos Vellum Hat or Get a Root Abyss Hat?

You missed the next sentence, 5 of 30% and not 4. I know where you're coming from though.

14. Default Re: Get a Chaos Vellum Hat or Get a Root Abyss Hat?

Okay, then, how about practice instead of theory. Have you seen Limgoon's latest Chaos Vellum attempt?

That's 5 people, plus a Paladin, I think. So, since there was a differentiation, let's assume that the paladin was just a mule and contributed little, and that the other 4 members besides Limgoon were only 50% as strong as Limgoon, which is definitely not the case. So that's like 3 Limgoons to do less than half its HP in 15 minutes (since Unlimited Chaos Vellum also has half the timer).

Do you really think it's possible to get 5 or 6 Limgoon leveled players to do this? I don't know how it is in Scania, but in Windia, I have yet to see one AB that would even come close to Limgoon level damage.

I don't want to believe that Chaos Vellum is impossible, but it is more difficult than you seem to think it is, especially after Unlimited when it has 200b HP, it's DEF is boosted to 300%, and you have half the time to kill it.

Yeah, the damage cap is a huge limit to us, but do you think it didn't limit the Korean players either? Do you think they don't have 6 players who can match, or even surpass, the damage of some of our strongest players? Don't, for a second, underestimate how strong they are, because for whatever reason, despite all our advantages, they somehow manage to be stronger.

Even with the 50m damage cap, they're unable to kill Chaos Vellum, but you think it'll magically let us do that here?

15. Default Re: Get a Chaos Vellum Hat or Get a Root Abyss Hat?

Nope, can't read korean and I hate going to blogs like that too much, that's why I rely on you guys . Anyways, I'll confess I would hate to twiddle my thumbs all day just to think it over. Playing too much of what-ifs and maybes, my original question was just to question whether or not it's most effective to take the vellum helm instead of RA set. I would seriously love to just kill him myself, as well as every other ones we currently have, last resort is obtaining through other means like marvel machine. There are a number of bugs and glitches so many people use currently (sad truth) and some of them being infinite Resurrection (can't do anything about that), potion pot, and several others. I know how "elite" KMS are and all but, I'm going to have to be optimistic and believe that before the hp and PDR changes happen (or perhaps even if they did) we will get it done.

16. Default Re: Get a Chaos Vellum Hat or Get a Root Abyss Hat?

The difference in stats between MEEing a 140 equip and a 150 equip is about 10 per stat, (105 stats vs 115 stats). If you drop a STR or LUK scroll on Highness hat (the stat has to exist on the item prior to enhancing in order to increase with MEEs), let's say 60%, so +2, depending on which it is, you're looking at 155/117 STR, 155 DEX, or 117/155 LUK, which totals to 427 stats, vs 128 STR/DEX/LUK, or 384 stats, which increases the gap from just 11 stats to 43.

There's also additional options, which means your item could be above by 0~50 in multiple stats (or none at all), but since it's random, you can't really count on it to make one item better than another (it's not dependent on whether or not the stat already exists on your item either, so you could end up with a clean Highness hat with STR, DEX, and LUK), but you should know, the items that grant, and then re-randomize, additional options, Flames, for level 150 items are much more rare than for 140 items. I've seen a bunch of Lv 140 flames in the FM in kMS for a pretty reasonable price, but I've only seen 150 Flames as one of those 'x people per server will get this' hot time prizes (x is 10 in this case). This means it's pretty unlikely that you'll be able to get additional options on ANY 150 items you've gotten at this point, and even more unlikely that you'll get anything actually beneficial.

This is only an issue, and an advantage toward Chaos Vellum hats, if we are unable to kill Bloody Queen, since she'd be able to drop 150 hats with random additional options, but it's unlikely that we couldn't kill Bloody Queen, but we could somehow kill Vellum. So what I'm trying to say there is, the additional options shouldn't really make much of a decision in your choice unless you can somehow get a Chaos Vellum hat but not Highness hats in a large supply, for example, if Chaos Root Abyss hats started coming from Marvel Machine.

Ultimately, I think it'd be wiser to choose the Chaos Vellum Hat, or any of the Chaos RA hats, over a Highness hat, as their Joker property would allow you to at least use them for the next, probably much better set.

17. Default Re: Get a Chaos Vellum Hat or Get a Root Abyss Hat?

Unless our Vellum is nerfed I find Chaos Vellum Hats pretty shady. Everyone has already shown that Vellum is hard as balls even without damage cap.

18. Default Re: Get a Chaos Vellum Hat or Get a Root Abyss Hat?

Our Vellum has like 33% less HP (146b vs 200b), plus we can ignore all of it's defense, and we get twice as much time. I'd wager it's more possible than post-Unlimited, but it's still really, really unlikely, so you should find them shady.

19. Default Re: Get a Chaos Vellum Hat or Get a Root Abyss Hat?

Thank you, I've gathered up the total stats from looking over your MEE thread and seen that its less as well. However, I didn't know about the additional stats part being so tough to get for these pieces. Thanks for the input about the lvl 150 flames, that's really useful to know about.

edit: Maybe I got the total stat gain thing wrong, but just reading about how hard it is to get the 150 flames is kinda tough to work with.

20. Orbital Bee Cannon Straight Male
    Colorado

I'mma laugh if, when we get Unlimited, Chaos RA isn't updated to reflect the change.