Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
  1. Default The general currently reading Manga/Manwha/Comic/Toon

Edit: This thread is for the discussing of the lastest chapters in any Manga/Manwha/Comic/Toon that you currently read. Just like the Naruto, Bleach and One Piece ones.

To make evident what it is you're talking about, add a title before your post or comment. (like in the "currently airing anime" thread)

I am reading 2 manwha I will start the thread with these:

Tower of God:

Personal thoughts about it:
    Spoiler

Coment about lastest chapter:
    Spoiler

The Breaker / The Breaker: New Waves:

Personal thoughts about the series:
    Spoiler

Comment about lastest chapter:
    Spoiler

Let's see how long this one survives...

Note: No books talking here. (Ex: "I'm currently reading the hunger games and I find it ..."blah blah blah)
    Last edited by byakugan; 2013-02-08 at 02:21 PM.

2. Default Re: Currently reading Manhwa (SPOILERS)

Im going to second you Tower of god. thats awsome. I also am Reading Breaker new waves but sometimes I get tired with it and skip all the text. Is it ok if I list some manhwa finished but wouldnt mind reading again. Also i dont really know the difference between manga and Manhwa by looking at it... Webtoon vs manga/manhwa I do though :P

Heres my list, :
    1)Tower of God
    Spoiler

2) Trace
    Spoiler

3) Kubera
    Spoiler

4) The God of High School
    Spoiler

If I had to pick The Top Big 4 manga these 4 would be it. Even though Trace seems to have stopped getting translated.

5)Shingeki no Kyojin
    Spoiler

6)Noblesse
    T
    Spoiler

These are pretty much my favorites.

3. Default Re: Currently reading Manhwa (SPOILERS)

Just one nitpick: Shingeki no Kyojin is awesome and all but it is not manhwa. I may edit this post later since I do read The Devil King is Bored but I'd have to see if they've actually updated the chapters.

4. Default Re: Currently reading Manhwa (SPOILERS)

Breaker has finally gotten back to the action from the first series it seems.
    Veritas
    Spoiler

5. Default Re: Currently reading Manhwa (SPOILERS)

King of Hell (or Majeh) counts as a manhwa right?
    Spoiler

6. aka ClawofBeta Straight Male
    Corn's Avatar [Jr. Event Coordinator]

IGN: ClawofBeta
    Server: LoL.NA
    Level: 30
    Job: Bot Lane
    Guild: N/A
    Alliance: N/A
    New_Jersey

Default Re: Currently reading Manhwa (SPOILERS)

Freezing-Does this count as a Manhwa? Lol.
    Spoiler

Also, +1 to Tower of God and The God of High School and The King of Hell.
    Last edited by Corn; 2013-02-04 at 09:12 PM.

7. Default Re: Currently reading Manhwa (SPOILERS)

I forgot freezing was a manhwa. I effin love chiffon. One of my favorite characters of all time.

8. Default Re: Currently reading Manhwa (SPOILERS)

I believe Freezing is drawed by a Korean artist but its published in Japan? Proof of it is that it got an anime, when barely no manwha gets released as anime (I recall). I am not sure though, In any case, if it's published in Korea, it prolly is one of the lastest manwha to still get printed instead of released digitally.

We can discuss Freezing here though, if people read it, why not?

Spoiler

Tower of God.
    Spoiler

9. aka ClawofBeta Straight Male
    Corn's Avatar [Jr. Event Coordinator]

IGN: ClawofBeta
    Server: LoL.NA
    Level: 30
    Job: Bot Lane
    Guild: N/A
    Alliance: N/A
    New_Jersey

All males are extremely subpar (well, except that one dude in uh...Aflame Inferno) in Im Dal Young's works. It's weird. I mean, he is a guy, ha ha.

10. Default Re: Currently reading Manhwa (SPOILERS)

Freezing isn't a manwha. It's a manga. It's done by a Korean guy, but it's released in Japan in a Japanese magazine (Comic Valkyire), albeit a web publisher now, and is read right to left (manwha are left to right).

Tower of God technically isn't a manwha, either. It's a webtoon, published online, albeit in Korean.

Might as well just make the thread "manwha/manga/whatever." Manwha as a whole isn't too big.

11. Default Re: Currently reading Manhwa (SPOILERS)

As much as I enjoyed The Breaker series, I find the sequel, New Waves, quite bland. It feels more like a typical shounen manga with the pacing and it no longer gives me that excitement compared to reading the first series. I enjoyed the master-disciple relationship, the subtle humor and found the introduction to the world very neat and I extremely liked how it all played out at the end of the first season. Actually now that I think about it, the first "fight" with the claw guy was pretty amazing too. It threw me off guard because it wasn't what I expected of this series at all.

Spoiler

12. AFK at Ch 18 Leafre Straight Male
    Nion's Avatar [Jr. Event Coordinator]

IGN: GreenTeaSip
    Server: Scania
    Job: Hero
    Guild: Symbolism
    Alliance: Lore
    Farm: Symbolism
    California

Tower of God
    Spoiler

13. Default Re: Currently reading Manhwa (SPOILERS)

It is classified as manwha in most, if not all, online readers. Heck, it is classified as manga in half of them. In any case we can say its a digital manwha. The only difference between regular manwha and it is that is done in a long string and is colored.

Other than Freezing, I don't know what else that's not manwha is being discussed here.

Spoiler

14. Default Re: Currently reading Manhwa (SPOILERS)

It's "classified" as a manwha by most because online readers specify that stuff by language, not actual specifics, or they haven't gotten around to adding the web comic category (in Batoto's case). It's an unpublished Korean webcomic, no different from our web comics like XKCD, 2kinds, Explosm, etc... Which means not an actual manwha. That's why MAL repeatedly denies the requests to add it to their database. Every series named in the thread sans King of Hell isn't actually a manwha.

Would just be better to make the thread about comics in general (manga, manwha, manhua, web comics), instead of specifying manwha.

15. Default Re: Currently reading Manhwa (SPOILERS)

I agree with this. It'd have a bigger audience for one and then there wouldn't need to be two separate threads for what's essentially the same thing.

16. Default Re: Currently reading Manhwa (SPOILERS)

I agree too, especially because i read basically zero manhwa and lots of manga. ):

17. Default Re: Currently reading Manhwa (SPOILERS)

Well given that no one seems to bother to much the with the difference from Manhwa and w/e else but i'd probably be more welcoming to invite then all.

OT: there isnt any webtoon stuffs
    Spoiler
    That I havent tried except king of hell. So ill check that out. But we need more people supporting!!

18. Default Re: Currently reading Manhwa (SPOILERS)

By popular demand, I've changed the tittle and purpose of the thread. You can discuss whatever you read here related to comics you read, but not books because books is way too extensive category.

OT: The Breaver: NW
    I said it before and I say it again, anyone complaining about the NW's pacing doesn't read Naruto, Bleach, One Piece, Fairy Tail, Kenichi and any freaking manga that has over 200 issues.

Spoiler

Since this is now a "whatever you read but books" thread, I will say recently I found out there is a Marvel hero called The Sentry. I got curious about it because is said to be the strongest marvel hero, so I read a bit about it and watched these 2 videos and dang look pretty good. Too bad there's no way I can get a hold of the rest of it.

Spoiler

19. Default Re: Currently reading Manhwa (SPOILERS)

Okay, recently updated stuff. From here on out i'll just post whenever something updates.

Onepunch-man
    Overall opinion

newest chapter

The World God Only Knows
    Overall opinion

Newest chapter

Jigokuren - Love in the Hell
    Overall opinion

Newest chapter

Tonari no Seki-kun
    Overall opinion

Newest chapter

Kimi no Iru Machid
    Overall opinion

Newest chapter

Minamoto-kun Monogatari
    Overall opinion

Newest chapter

Monster Musume no Iru Nichijou
    Overall opinion

Newest chapter

Centaur's no Nayami
    Overall opinion

Newest chapter

20. Default Re: Currently reading Manhwa (SPOILERS)

I read the big 3. Just because I read them doesn't mean the pacing is what I like about them(well except for bleach of course, I just absolutely despise it now) and it doesn't make my complaint any less valid. Now don't get me wrong, I still like The Breaker and will continue to read it and I highly doubt it'll go all bleach on us but pacing IS a problem. It's not a big deal though because the series is still enjoyable for me to read through it like with One Piece and Naruto.