Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. Default *Sigh* Clarification on joining a Cygnus Expedition.

Okay, I am absolutely flabbergasted now after my friend and I were blocked out of entering a guild Cygnus run so I hope you guys can shed some light on what happened here. Here's the relevant information:

1) My friend and I have a V2 squad that does double runs on Sunday. We make a key on Saturday and carry the materials for Sunday's run to ensure a smooth run and I stay inside the chamber to prevent hackers from coming in until the rest of our party is back at the chamber. We have done this fine week after week.

2) Our DB didn't come this week so my friend and I were left to consider if we could defeat V2s but that problem was solved by a friend of my friend as he had a Mihile that could join us. Now, here's the thing: He went in before us on his Mihile but when my friend and devised a plan to make separate parties and go in, I got in and when my friend disbanded his party the both of them could get in.

3) However, we were not able to get in at all when we joined our guild's Cygnus expedition with the message that 'You can only join one Cygnus expedition per day' greeting us each time we tried. No way, no how: Our expedition leaders got in and we were stuck outside.

4) The final nail of the coffin? I passed the expedition captain title to my friend and asked him to try going in but as time was running out and I think he missed my message he quit the party since the captain title should have passed to someone else, but somehow the whole expedition got disbanded along with it and my guild members got kicked out.

So, here are the questions:

A) Why is it that the Mihile could go in when he entered before us and we couldn't use the same trick?

B) If we want to be able to get in next time what is it that we need to do exactly?

As usual, thanks for all the help you can provide.

2. Default Re: *Sigh* Clarification on joining a Cygnus Expedition.

You haven't gotten as far as us GMS people in updates but if you're still trying to do double runs (I used to do triple even), what you need is for someone to drag you in. You can't click into the gate yourself, someone must bring you in. So you must be in the same map and channel as your clicker.

Note, this is no longer possible in GMS because they even popped a message on the clicker now that they cannot bring people that already gone anymore. I don't believe you guys are even that far yet. In fact, I took it another step, I used to kill empress on my phantom twice every 2 days, every week.

3. Default Re: *Sigh* Clarification on joining a Cygnus Expedition.

Oh hell, that change would really make things irritating. So to clarify...let's say guy A gets in, he would have to invite us in while we're outside in order for this trick to work, correct? I think our double runs thus far have worked as we never disbanded our expedition hence why this caught us by surprise.

4. Default Re: *Sigh* Clarification on joining a Cygnus Expedition.

No, you must be all in same party, he literally has to drag you in, when he clicks in, you get dragged in. You cannot click in yourself, you must be sent in there. This is harsh when there's only 1 channel and this means only 1 person can click, but you do what you gotta do. If you are telling me you never had to do this before then consider yourself lucky during that duration, this was always the case for us when it 1st came out.

5. Default Re: *Sigh* Clarification on joining a Cygnus Expedition.

That is weird because the person got in but we were still stuck outside while this wasn't the case with the Mihile I invited in.

6. Default Re: *Sigh* Clarification on joining a Cygnus Expedition.

When I used to do my full solo runs on phantom, I would use sign up mules on 2nd computer so I could go twice. They would each need a requirement of never having gone in at all for the day.

So lets say this, I used my DB for v2 runs, I do 3 runs in 1 day. Mule A signs up for 1st run, I come running afterwards on DB. After that, I invite Mule B send him to gate, I run out on DB after v2 back to gate sign up map, Mule B signs up, sends my DB in for 2nd run. Then I do the same thing for 3rd run, send Mule C to get me in.

7. Default Re: *Sigh* Clarification on joining a Cygnus Expedition.

Oh! So basically the person that signs up must not either have been in a party or have led the squad prior to getting someone in, correct? It's pretty weird though as the listed case in #1 does show that we're able to go in so there might be a difference between how it operated at GMS and MSEA.

8. Default Re: *Sigh* Clarification on joining a Cygnus Expedition.

I would suppose that's where MapleSea's kinks or glitches kicks in, but being in party doesn't do anything. I add people as fillers all the time, since you need 3 to sign up. What matters is if they ever gone in before or not, like saying Zakum has a 2 entry per day limit, once limit is reached you can't go in anymore. In Empress's case, the limit is for the people who are clicking in (once per day), and it doesn't look at the party members you are dragging in. I don't know anything about how funny it would work in MapleSea, but if you want a guaranteed method to get in that still works for you right now, its the dragging in part. This got patched after they nerfed Phantoms unfortunately...

9. Default Re: *Sigh* Clarification on joining a Cygnus Expedition.

It looks like I'd need to ask someone who plays MapleSEA and goes to Empress frequently then as the scenarios here are different.

10. Sacred cow Male
    IGN: Equi
    Server: Aquila
    Level: 235
    Job: Luminous
    Guild: Pineapples
    Farm: holycow
    singapore

Default Re: *Sigh* Clarification on joining a Cygnus Expedition.

whatever they all said above is correct.
    Your mihile friend was probably able to go in because someone brought him in for his previous run, thus allowing him to click in when you've entered.
    But since you were the one who botted in, and your v2 buddy also clicked in because you all were in separate parties; thus not bringing him in, both of you could not enter again unless you both are in the same party as the expedition captain who is able to bot in

11. Default Re: *Sigh* Clarification on joining a Cygnus Expedition.

Ah, so that's it! I'll link this for my friend to check out since we'd like to actually not screw up another full Cygnus run but I'll leave this thread open in case there's anything more to clarify about this issue; so it would seem the problem here arose as we split up the Cygnus batch to combat hackers and the group that got in did not have us in it so we were doomed by that point.

s could not really show how thankful I am to know how this really works. ^^

12. Sacred cow Male
    singapore

If you ever split party to bot, and have another run later, remember to ask your expedition captain for the next run to put you and any others who have went in before in the same party, so that he/she can bring you in

13. Default Re: *Sigh* Clarification on joining a Cygnus Expedition.

That I will. I think we'll only go for Saturday runs though as it's too risky to try this for the Friday and Sunday runs due to hackers and it won't be fun if the expedition fails because they needed us.

14. Sacred cow Male
    singapore

At least your server still have timetable.. FFA here and nothing we can do about hackers, and that if we want to organize a queen run we would have to make sure none of us goes for a run beforehand so that all of us can split parties to bot

so it's literally more than 9 chars botting for a 9 men queen squad because some of us use 2 or 3 comps to bot as well

15. Default Re: *Sigh* Clarification on joining a Cygnus Expedition.

Ouch, it's that terrible at Aquila? I do foresee that our timetable might be wrecked if hackers aren't addressed though as hackers are now dominating the first page of the MLTC rankings and Cygnus, along with the occasional PB kill.

**** you Asiasoft.

16. Sacred cow Male
    singapore

Yeah... I can see my BLs missing all the way from morning to midnight

our timetable was wrecked by players not hackers

17. Default Re: *Sigh* Clarification on joining a Cygnus Expedition.

I know. Our server's timetable came close to being wrecked after some dolt decided to crash the slot of the timetable maker but he thankfully continued on. I think this may be due to how I've observed that Bootes's high-level community appears to be very close knit so people rarely attempt it as they don't want to be blacklisted.

18. Sacred cow Male
    singapore

Well, for us, we're all linked in one way or another, some bl-ed here some bl-ed there but we don't really care that much because the population is too big and it doesn't matter if you're blacklisted.

Even if you're blacklisted, you can just form your own batch with your own friends, or continue crashing anyway

19. Default Re: *Sigh* Clarification on joining a Cygnus Expedition.

Yes, but can you claim to know off-hand that some of the top players are the spouse/sibling of another top player? Population does play a part though; I'm sure we'd also run into problems if we had too many high-level players.

20. Sacred cow Male
    singapore

I do know a few who are married / siblings
    one of the top few for ranking and damage too.. ~top 10 in aquila for ranking