1. Neutron Straight Male
    IGN: LegitLance
    Server: Renegades
    Level: 228
    Job: Dark Knight
    Guild: Solitude
    Alliance: FISH
    usa

Default Fun thought, a different class in each world.

Well basically i kind of want to branch out. I like renegades and all but the games been repetitive, get online, see the same people,talk about the same things, kill the same bosses daily etc, same people have same FM Spots.

I decided to get this idea to just make character in each world, Like 1 of each class in each world just for fun. I would see different people, use different skills, and not even be concerned about hitting damage cap, or worried about my damage too much.

Any opinions on this? I feel like itd be fun personally and who knows maybe someone else would do it with me or like the idea. Just an entire different atmosphere and get a taste of all the worlds/classes.
    Maybe a little something like this

Scania - Luminous
    Bera - Bowmaster
    Broa - Dual Blade
    Windia - Bishop
    Khaini - FP Mage
    BellaNova - Corsair
    Gazed - MM
    CMYK - Night Lord or Shad

Basically to get to play each class, experience the raw fun of the game as oppose to worrying about damage and competition.
    Thoughts?

If anyone wants to come along for the journey let me know lol.

2. Default Re: Fun thought, a different class in each world.

Not to put a damper on it but if your problem was doing the same thing over and over you're going to experience this eight-fold once you play any of those characters long enough.

3. Default Re: Fun thought, a different class in each world.

It's a neat idea, but you'd be sacrificing all the possible Card Set bonuses from those characters. It really makes a difference when your lvl 1 adventurer starts with 3000hp. =)

4. Neutron Straight Male
    usa

Default Re: Fun thought, a different class in each world.

I mean, the problem is logging in doing the same like 3 things and seeing the same people over and over. Which isnt many,

I feel like I'd meet a lot of new cool people, and test out new classes. I'm also gonna PQ and stuff on em and get a feel for it. Its not like rushing to 200 and everything its going to be like play when i want on which character i want in which world i want. The more options part is what im getting at

@Thorr my main in Renegades has the card bonuses from them, and the characters im making wouldn't really hlep it much anyway. Im mainly making explorers. And i have the warrior set effect and an explorer one on my main. And yeah lol i made a hero recently in Renegades and i couldn't do the apple quest at the beginning cuz of all the hp

5. Default Re: Fun thought, a different class in each world.

My point is that if you're doing this long-term you're only progressing towards the same thing you did previously albeit slower. You're not getting more options, you're only expanding your circle to more people but that too leads to meeting more aggravating people and there isn't so much to do in Maple that having lots of characters is going to make any different.

6. Neutron Straight Male
    usa

Thats the point kinda, progressing towards 200 slower, at my own pace, with different classes and different people. Thats the part that appeals to me, and i have more options on which class i would like to play when i log in.

7. Default Re: Fun thought, a different class in each world.

I know what you want to do. Experience the Maple World the way it was pre-bb.
    People would PQ a lot, get to know each other, explore, no rushes, recruit guild people for bosses, etc...

Alas the game has changed too much for that to work out. IMHO. But I wish you luck.

8. Default Re: Fun thought, a different class in each world.

Go for it if you want. I'm only just saying it's doesn't make sense to me that one would experience anything different within the same game doing the same thing even if it's with different characters.

@above: Funnily enough I did just that, but the problem again is that the world itself is limited, you cannot escape this fact even by changing to class after class. I had fun doing all of those but it's enough to me that I have experienced it on my Phantom.

9. Default Re: Fun thought, a different class in each world.

Agreed.

@Lance;

The idea is relaxing, it appeals, but it will get repetitive. Maybe the first time or the second it is different, but you will begin to have your own subconscious plan for each class and server because of all your past experience..

This also allows you to roam around, I can personally attest for the many friendships that have been made from different servers, however; like Legend said, the PQing, exploration, and lack of rush will show to be difficult, but there are others who respect the old ways.

No discouragement your way, just what I think about it.

P.S.
    The idea appeals to me, but I cannot understand why... I shall ttyl about this.

10. Neutron Straight Male
    usa

Oh nah i understand where your coming from, my main goal in it is to just meet new people. and play it with new people. thats the new part for me that is appealing.

@LegendGospel

Nah not really, its just wanting to have fun, and PQs are good exp if you have smart people with you lol. The main goal is to meet more people really\

@Impulse
    I compltely understand, regardless if i do it one time and it's fun mission accomplshed, if its boring the second time around ill quit. I am in no rush its just for the experience i'll slowly and casually do it.

11. Default Re: Fun thought, a different class in each world.

I suffered from this as well, use @Lance; , put the ";" after the name.

I have made more friends by sitting in the FM for a week than I think I would by just training up a new character, its just change, I remember when all your friends just came from CPQ, them days.

12. Default Re: Fun thought, a different class in each world.

Make a Battle Mage, we're awesome.

I like your idea, though. It may serve you a bit better to remain in one game world if you're going to make one of each class, as you'll be racking up character cards and link skills in the process. I usually create new classes in different worlds just for the hell of it. If I like the class by sometime around the early-middle levels, I make one back in my main world. Yellonde in particular was hilarious, especially during events that were designed to have tons of people clamoring to it, like the maple tree event that exploded golden leaves (My friends and I got so many of those things as there was no competition).

Btw, on the PQing thing, if you have any characters in Windia I'm usually always down for that sort of thing. I love PQing.

13. I post a lot Bi Male
    IGN: ZesseiBijin
    Server: Khaini
    Level: 204
    Job: Kanna
    Guild: NEST
    Farm: Razmosia
    uk

Seems pointless to me. I'd rather make more, closer friends in one world and feel like i'm still achieving stuff on my character. Rather than restarting constantly in a new world with a new character, meeting people for fleeting encounters which will ultimately end when you make a character on a different server. And constantly recreating characters isn't achieving anything. You aren't making money, aren't reaching a high level, you aren't developing your characters in any significant way.

14. Neutron Straight Male
    usa

I might be in Windia shortly, i actually have a KoC to 120 in windia and link skills so that will help.

But yeah regarding the situation, my main already has all the link skills and has character cards, so i dont really "waste the character cards" per say. and again im not like MAINING this, i won't have a ton of mains. It will just be a bunch of side chars on each world i can log in and play whenever i wish. I won't lose contact with the people i'll add them on skype that i meet or befriend if i like them enough, and i wont just quit the character. It isnt a check list exactly, its more of a get it there so i can have it and play it whenever i want. It doesnt just go away

15. Default Re: Fun thought, a different class in each world.

It be different if the classes were balanced, not in a damage aspect but mobility really.

16. Monster Truck Tire Straight Male
    IGN: Triggernometry
    Server: Supports
    Job: TeamSecret
    Guild: BigDaddy<3

I fail to see the fun in this.
    You'll still be doing the exact same thing over and over again.

Cds -> Jesters -> Aliens -> LHC -> HoH -> 200

Play something else.

17. Default Re: Fun thought, a different class in each world.

There are decent alternatives on the 50-110 range... but LHC and HoH, yeah... that's about it for 110-165 and 165-200.

You can try other maps for 1/5 the exp rate, but then you're doing the exact same thing 5 times more.

18. Default Re: Fun thought, a different class in each world.

This, pretty much. It sounds like a complete downgrade to MapleStory.

19. Default Re: Fun thought, a different class in each world.

I don't really see the point in it. If a new experience is what you want..then why not just start playing different games? Each game would be a different experience and your primary goal of wanting to meet new people can also be achieved.

20. Default Re: Fun thought, a different class in each world.

I don't see how you could have fun with that many servers (losing out on link skills and cards) but it's your choice, really.

I, too, have had thoughts of starting new characters in other worlds but not nearly as many as you. Just one or two. I picked my secondary server based on their FM prices. Saves me the trouble of memorizing a whole new set of prices. Just my two cents.