Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
  1. Default BioShock Infinite

So, this comes out tomorrow. Have y'all preordered? Special editions? Going to play right at midnight? Discuss!

[note: from here on out, major spoiler warning for BioShock Infinite. You have been warned. Twice.]

Polygon gave it a 10. And, this review is pretty spoiler-free.
    Last edited by Jedward; 2013-11-13 at 12:48 AM.

2. I post a lot Bi Male
    IGN: ZesseiBijin
    Server: Khaini
    Level: 204
    Job: Kanna
    Guild: NEST
    Farm: Razmosia
    uk

Default Re: BioShock Infinite Discussion Thread [SPOILERS ABOUND]

Pre-ordered. Pre-loaded. Done the industrial revolution mini game for some free goodies.
    I am totally ready.

Not exactly a spoiler:
    Spoiler

I remember when I first saw trailers for the game and thought it looked really exciting. Then I read speculation online about the trailers, and the way that despite the game being set in the early 1900's, there were a lot of things present that hadn't been invented, or hadn't happened yet. this made me look back over the trailers and made me even more excited.

Then there was the trailer where Elizabeth opens a portal to a 1960's parallel world and my mind was just blown. The story seems like it's going to be immense, and the tears in reality are going to make for a very interesting experience.

/* Including a tear into Rapture's world */

Also your link failed

No spoilers in this video, very interesting to watch though. The fact that Elizabeth has such good AI makes me happy.

3. Default BioShock Infinite Discussion Thread [SPOILERS ABOUND]

Dammit. Posting by phone is bad. Fixed.

I preordered the Premium edition, or whatever the one between regular and Songbird is called. I'm picking it up tomorrow and I'm super excite.

4. I post a lot Bi Male
    uk

I pre-ordered the steam version, which came with Bioshock 1 and XCOM: Enemy Unknown for free. Also some stupid Team Fortress stuff.

5. Default Re: BioShock Infinite Discussion Thread [SPOILERS ABOUND]

I'm so stoked! Getting it at midnight! I preordered the Ultimate Songbird edition! :] I'm kind of sad though, that Industrial Revolution mini game, I never got it. I preordered the game on the very first day possible, and that was before they were giving out the codes for the mini game...I went in a few weeks later and they were like "Yeah, you won't get the download code for it until the game comes out. The only way to get it is if we cancel your current preorder and resign you up. But if we do that, you lose your songbird edition and the next person on the waiting list gets your spot." So that made me slightly upset...

But anyways. SUPER stoked. :D Bioshock is like..My favourite ever.

6. Default Re: BioShock Infinite Discussion Thread [SPOILERS ABOUND]

Getting my copy tomorrow, i didn't pre-order, but most places should still have a non-preorder copy available.

7. Default Re: BioShock Infinite Discussion Thread [SPOILERS ABOUND]

Trying to keep away from anyone talking about it but I couldnt help read three reviews at school >.>. Gonna get it tomorrow after school and play it as much as I can, looks fantastic

8. I post a lot Bi Male
    uk

Game is currently updating, going to be ready to play in about 10 minutes. eeeeeh!

9. Default Re: BioShock Infinite Discussion Thread [SPOILERS ABOUND]

A guy on reddit put up a list of a bunch of the reviews for this game. I plan on buying it this weekend
    http://www.reddit.com/r/Games/commen...go_broke_here/

10. I post a lot Bi Male
    uk

That is a lot of high scores across the board. Very impressive. even more excited to get playing now. Update fasterrrrr D:

11. aka ClawofBeta Straight Male
    Corn's Avatar [Jr. Event Coordinator]

IGN: ClawofBeta
    Server: LoL.NA
    Level: 30
    Job: Bot Lane
    Guild: N/A
    Alliance: N/A
    New_Jersey

Seriously debating about buying it.

12. Default Re: BioShock Infinite Discussion Thread [SPOILERS ABOUND]

Normally I don't pay too much attention to the reviews, but when a game gets that many near perfects from that many critics.... I'll definitely check it out.

13. I post a lot Bi Male
    uk

Wow, I knew this game was going to have racism as a plot point, but that first display of racism left my jaw on the floor. Everything was bright and happy until that moment /* and then it escalates very very quickly. */

14. aka ClawofBeta Straight Male
    Corn's Avatar [Jr. Event Coordinator]

IGN: ClawofBeta
    Server: LoL.NA
    Level: 30
    Job: Bot Lane
    Guild: N/A
    Alliance: N/A
    New_Jersey

Caved in and pre-ordered it.

I get tempted easily.

15. Default Re: BioShock Infinite Discussion Thread [SPOILERS ABOUND]

Rare post from the super lurker that I am...

I've already got it and have played about an hour and a half. This town is freakin insane, but in a much different way than Rapture was. I want to say so much more, but I can't without spoiling some seriously sweet moments.

16. I post a lot Bi Male
    uk

Ah, the days when gay used to mean something different. It made me chuckle slightly.

17. Default MasPan's Bioshock Infinite Photo Journal

I'll just be updating this post as I go with my thoughts/comments/reactions as I progress through the game. Pictures included via links.

Ok, removed the long ass post and replacing it entirely with the Imgur album with captions where relevant. I'm thoroughly enjoying the game so far. I'll post whenever the imgur is updated. Just don't go past any pictures you don't recognize if you don't want spoilers.
    MasPan's Bioshock Infinite Photojournal
    Last edited by MasPan; 2013-03-26 at 10:25 AM.

18. Default Re: MasPan's Bioshock Infinite Photo Journal

I am totally enjoying this game so far! This game is so full of awesomeness. I'm taking my sweet time with it, exploring every nook and cranny...Every little inch is beautiful...And I'm not going to lie, all of the characters are completely animated and extremely well done. You know how in some video games there is just something...inhuman about the characters? Usually their eyes or their facial expressions...But not this game. Completely lively and animated and their faces actually have expression!

P.S., I enjoy Murder of Crows.

19. I post a lot Bi Male
    uk

Default Re: MasPan's Bioshock Infinite Photo Journal

I was already head over heels in love with this game when I stumbled upon an optional scene, literally in the basement of a random inn in Shantytown.

Booker picks up a guitar and Elizabeth starts to sing as she gives some food to a scared homeless child. it was really beautiful, and it's surprising how out of the way it was and how easy to miss. It just goes to show that actually exploring and not just scavenging can help you get really lost in Columbia's atmosphere. It's really well done.
    "Is a better home a-waiting, in the sky, in the sky"

Also, all the vigours are pineappleing awesome. I especially love Bucking Bronco, I have a chaining upgrade for it, the duration is double and upon killing an enemy it activates it again in a chain reaction which catches more enemies, and while they are in the air I can throw Murder of Crows at them. If Murder of crows kills them they become nests which activates MORE murder of crows. So much killage!

20. Default Re: BioShock Infinite Discussion Thread [SPOILERS ABOUND]

So I finished the game 2 days ago. /* *Cough* PS3 Cfw *Cough* */
    This was an amazing game.
    All I gotta say is, that the ending was pineappleing amazing!
    If anyone is hesitating about buying it, then GO GET IT RIGHT NAW!