IGN: ZesseiBijin
    Server: Khaini
    Level: 204
    Job: Kanna
    Guild: NEST
    Farm: Razmosia
    uk

Default Game of Thrones season 3 - A Storm of Swords

So I finally took the time to watch the first 2 series of Game of Thrones, and it was everything I hoped it would be and more, I love how they stuck so close to the original story while keeping the majority of the awesome parts in and leaving out some of the confusing lore stuff.
    Then I found out that Season 3 starts in a week. By the seven, I cannot wait.

Season 3 (or Book 3, A Storm of Swords) is where all the pomegranate happens. ALL of it. If you thought the last 2 series were epic and bloody, it does not compare to the stuff that happens this season and I personally cannot wait to see it adapted.

Heres a video about Season 2 that I watched, I love this girl.
    Last edited by Razmos; 2013-06-02 at 05:55 PM. Reason: BUMP

2. Default Re: Game of Thrones season 3 - A Storm of Swords

Overall it is a good series but I strongly dislike the visual stuff they put in to please the american audience.
    Charles Dance as the head of the Lannisters is amazing and the guy playing Tyrion is nothing short of fantastic, even if the part is not especially close to the Imp in the books. I'm also a bit dissapointed in the Daenerys arc, it is not on the level of epic it is in the books, but Jorah Mormont is spot on.

The books are better by far in the end.

3. I post a lot Bi Male
    uk

Default Re: Game of Thrones season 3 - A Storm of Swords

Of course it's nowhere near as good as the books haha.
    They still do a surprisingly good adaptation though. Considering how huge the books, and the series as a whole is.

Tyrion is actually LESS likeable in the series because they miss out on a lot of the character building moments and backstory behind him.
    And I agree about Daenarys. The whole Quarth storyline was disappointing, but I was hoping that the House of the Undying scene would be as epic and disturbing as I expected, but It really, really wasn't. They didn't even include the foreshadowing or scenes of the future, which I was really looking forward to seeing. Also there wasn't even any Undying, just the sorcerer.

Also they have completely ruined Samwell's character. I know he is supposed to be pathetic, but they've made him even more so in the series. The whole thing with Gilly is supposed to be the start of him becoming awesome, but in the series they just portray him as a pathetic love struck idiot, and the part that comes next will likely be incredibly disappointing due to the lack of character development.

4. Default Re: Game of Thrones season 3 - A Storm of Swords

Jon Snow is also pretty damn pathetic compared to the books.

5. Default Re: Game of Thrones season 3 - A Storm of Swords

Book 3 is supposedly split between Seasons 3 and 4 because there's too much pomegranate that happens in it to fit in one 10-episode season.

I want to read the books myself, but tend to not spend time reading when I could. Plus I heard from my coworker that the writer tends to drone on excessively on details that don't matter in the end. I don't know how true it is but that's kind of a deterrent.

6. I post a lot Bi Male
    uk

That is true yeah, They also started introducing some parts from the third book in second season.
    Judging from the trailers, it looks like it won't be an even split (season 3 for book 3 part 1, season 4 for book 3 part 2) because some of the things that happened are from quite late I think.

And yes, he does go into a lot of description and exposition. But a lot of the things you pass of as "not being important" end up being really important later on. (like in the first book, a lot of other families are mentioned, but you are focused on the Lannisters, the Starks, the Baratheons and the Targyrens, so you end up kinda ignoring them. Then they become important later, like the Martells, the Tyrell's, the Tullys, the Boltons ect.)

All the description really does help to immerse you though, and it can be incredibly funny sometimes.

7. Interdimensional Rift Straight Male
    IGN: thewatch3r
    Job: Lolmaster
    Guild: Contagious
    usa

I am extremely excited for season 3. One of my roomates got me to watch the first two seasons and I was so hooked that I read all the books last summer.

I think some of the points you guys are making in this thread really aren't reasonable imo. I think Jon is pretty accurately depicted. Although I do agree with what Razmos said: There may be a lot of detail, but I wouldn't call it unnecessary. There are so many miniscule details or conversations between characters that hold a lot of weight later on. The amount of foreshadowing in this story that it is ridiculous

8. Default Re: Game of Thrones season 3 - A Storm of Swords

It might just be his looks, but he comes of like a whining derp alot.

9. Interdimensional Rift Straight Male
    usa

Well he also whines a lot in the book. Not knowing who his mother is, feeling superior to everyone at the Night's Watch, and not making ranger made him pretty pissy. Give him time, all these young characters will come into their own.

I feel it was pretty accurate all around.

10. I post a lot Bi Male
    uk

I never found Jon to be an interesting character anyway. The only thing I really like about his character is the way that he interacts with Arya in the first book. Everything after that was meh in my opinion. He just seems like a pretty inconsistent character with wavering loyalties all over the place, and his rise to power isn't exactly earned, he always just seems to be in the right place at the right time to get a promotion.
    I always thought the story in the North was very interesting, but Jon just isn't. Even Sam is more interesting in my eyes, because he is given good character development, and things happen to him that don't feel forced.

While Jon in the series is very nice to look at, he faces the same problems as the one in the books, he just isn't interesting.

11. Interdimensional Rift Straight Male
    usa

Idk, I have always been very interested in the story progression of all the Stark children, for a lot of reasons.

Have you read the books @Razmos;?

12. I post a lot Bi Male
    uk

Yep, I've read the books :P

13. Default Re: Game of Thrones season 3 - A Storm of Swords

I was all wehhhh when I realized during season 2 that Jojen and Meera simply weren't going to be in the show - ie. when Bran has the dream of the sea consuming Winterfell instead of Jojen. Then I learn that they're being added in for season 3 and omgogmasdflkajsdf

And yeah, I know a few friends who have watched the show but not read the books. Cannot wait for their reactions to some of the stuff season 3 has in store for us.

14. Default Re: Game of Thrones season 3 - A Storm of Swords

I'm sooooo excited for tomorrow.

15. I post a lot Bi Male
    uk

I have to wait until monday :(

16. Interdimensional Rift Straight Male
    usa

17. I post a lot Bi Male
    uk

hehehe.

What do you guys think of the series so far?

BRIENNE AND JAIME FOR LYF

18. GLADIGATORS
    IGN: Overburnd
    Level: 210
    Job: Cannoneer
    usa

DAT LAST EPISODE OHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH MYYYYYYY GOODNESS.

Season 3 is automatically better than 1 and 2 just because of dragon shenanigans.

19. Interdimensional Rift Straight Male
    usa

I still really like the first two seasons, but I agree that season 3 has been outstading so far.

20. I post a lot Bi Male
    uk

Lots of twisted love in the latest episode wow. let us count the ways:
    Spoiler

Disappointed at the lack of Patchface. meh.

Book Spoilers

Also scene with Tyrion and Olenna Tyrell. She totally schooled him haha. The two most entertaining characters in the same scene, I loved it.