Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
  1. Default Re: Character select screen rant

What you people seem to hate is doing so little for so much. You relog about 5 to 10 times to get the link skills on one char depending on how many you have, an avg mapler would have 1-2 at least. And then you get the reward for doing so, thats how simple it is, no tricky part at all. Now for the daily login events, you login on all chars for the coins. If you dont want to hassle for these coins, then dont do it, no work, no reward simple as that. It takes you maybe close to 5 to 10 min of your life to do this and if they make it even easier, more people will do it and then they will start taking advantage of it in other ways, like making new accounts with mules, just for the purpose of those event coins. Thats why they should NOT allow you to change char while you are logged in and I could see a pomegranate ton of exploits with this feature, where you'd see 2 chars on the same account online at the same time or even worse, duping a char.

Summary: Want free coins? Then relog, dont ask for a simpler version, its already simple. Want link skills? Relog for them, or dont, then face the fact that you wont have them untill you do.

Rearranging characters section would motivate you to do this however, so you have one page of link skill mules and the rest do nothing (outside of coin events), I highly support that idea.

2. Default Re: Character select screen rant

I wouldn't mind relogging to my 7 or so link mules when I want to re-asign link skills, however, the game seems to hate me doing intense relogs, and just relogging on all these mules can easily take me around 30 minutes between disconnects and whatnot. It's just the way MS works for me.

Unlike coin farming, there is absolutely no exploit in having an option to rearrange your link skills. You're not gaining items, you're not making mesos, you're not getting anything you didn't already have. You're just saving some minutes. Or in my case, a lot of minutes.

And when we have 15 characters or so with link skills, it's gonna be a little annoying to keep track of who has which link skills, in case you have more than 1 main character.

3. Default Re: Character select screen rant

Really? When? I don't remember that.

4. Default Re: Character select screen rant

That's false. Unless it was some kind of early beta feature that I don't know about, it never happened.

5. Default Re: Character select screen rant

That's what I was thinking.. I've been playing a loooong time and I'd never heard of that. Would be great having all my main characters in order on one page and then secondary chars + mules on the 2nd/3rd pages. :(

6. Neutron Straight Male
    IGN: LegitLance
    Server: Renegades
    Level: 228
    Job: Dark Knight
    Guild: Solitude
    Alliance: FISH
    usa

Default Re: Character select screen rant

I just wish everytime i dc or relog i didnt have to log back in and relink my skills.... JUST FIX THEM AND MAKE THEM STAY LINKED

7. Default Re: Character select screen rant

And why do the people that only have one character deserve an advantage over the people who have 10?

If you can't come up with a good excuse (I don't think one exists) then there is no rhyme or reason to having link skills only affect one character.

It takes a good minute or so to actually relog once on maplestory. With all the possible linkskills (Mercedes , Cannoneer, Demon Slayer, Phantom, Luminous, Jett, Mihile, Angelic Buster, Kaiser, Hayato, Kanna and as well as the upcoming Xenon, Demon Avenger and cygnus link skills, which takes one of each of the 5 cygnus to work fully...) you're looking at up to 18 characters with link skills to change.

The idea that you should be spending up to 18 minutes just relogging for link skills every time you want to change characters is ridiculous.

8. Orbital Bee Cannon
    IGN: SaptaZapta
    Server: Kradia
    Level: 275
    Job: Hero
    Guild: Matriarchy
    Alliance: Peaceful

Default Re: Character select screen rant

Good thing you can only do it once a day, then?

Nexon decided it's too powerful for all your characters to get all your link skills. That's why link skills are separate from character card effects.

9. Default Re: Character select screen rant

Several of the link skills are significantly weaker than Cygnus Blessing, which does apply to all other characters on your account, so it seems unlikely that it was done for balance reasons.

10. Default Re: Character select screen rant

Only hayato and jett(unless you make it stronger) is weaker than cygnus blessing, (cannoneer doesnt count, since it gives 10% hp/mp aswell). Remember how they released equipments with aran and evan release? (and pirate release in ems) Well that time has passed by and nexon ran out of ideas for special class equips, not to mention how the evan glasses were not account tradeable, you needed a sok. They want you to try the new classes but at the same time get a reward for it.

Kanna card: 3% boss dmg for all your chars/ Demon slayer link: 15% boss dmg for one char. Thats 5x times the effect of a char card, hence the reason why it should remain on ONE char not all of them.
    Marksman 3% crit/Phantom link:15% crit, same thing as above.

Why should all your chars gain this bonus when its 5x the effect of char card which is designed to be for your whole account?

11. Default Re: Character select screen rant

Simple: Because the effects stack. Having a phantom or demon slayer link skill active doesn't make the Kanna or Marksman cards any less desirable.

Edit: And what Curtiss said. You're never playing more than one character at a time anyway: Thus the current stupid method for link skills is silly :You'll never be benefitting more than once from a link skill at any given time anyway, so why not have it on all your characters?

12. Default Re: Character select screen rant

Because you're only playing one of them at any given time?

13. Default Re: Character select screen rant

That doesnt answer my question at all. You get the option to use both of them, but you can only use link skills on one char, because its 5 TIMES STRONGER THAN CHAR CARDS. You have to deal with that fact, its like saying, why should we not be able to wear top and bottom at the same time as wearing an overall? Because it could stack? That would just be stupid.

14. Default Re: Character select screen rant

I don't even see what you're arguing. Character cards do more than link skills, yes. So what? That's a strawman argument at best.

That doesn't justify not having them affect every character in your account when the only result from that is to punish people who choose to play more than one character, because anyone who only plays one gets the full benefits from link skills and character cards.

Every character you make on an account should get every buff you spent the time earning without having to go through a ridiculous waste of time (changing link skills every time you want to change character), or outright being made weaker because you choose to play 3+ characters in the same day.

15. Default Re: Character select screen rant

I don't mind having the Link Skill set to only 1 char per account and changeable every 24 hours. I guess that's their thing, it's fine.
    But there are too many link skills now, it gets tedious and boring. Just gives us a menu to handle them, it's not a big deal. Actually, it makes Nexon money. Instead of having a player spend 20 minutes changing his skills, have them in game playing, spending NX, cubing, whatever.

16. Default Re: Character select screen rant

If I want to play my Kaiser effectively, I have to go back and forth from characters for half an hour (due to long PIC and crashes)... that just keeps me from ever wanting to. If I could just log in once and have it fully set up, it'd be great. I can live with the 24 hour delay, it's just logging into them all and checking what they're linked to that's a pain.

At least moving my equips from Hero to Kaiser involves logging into two characters... not the 9 links I use. (which are all mules, so adds to the 2 I'm playing)

17. Default Re: Character select screen rant

Its just the gms login system that sucks, I can login unlimited times in ems without any disc while on gms I disc after 4-5 relogs.
    Takes about 3 min to move all my link skills at this point (cannoneer, merc, phantom, kaiser, ab, mihile, lumi & DS)

18. Default Re: Character select screen rant

Yeah, just typing in a PIC is so crazy. I use the Steam client (so I don't have to relog every time) and it still takes me about five minutes to move across link skills. It's a needless waste of time. I don't care if they don't affect every character, even though you've made no real legitimate point to support the contrary, just give me a method to manage my link skills via character select.

19. Default Re: Character select screen rant

They should just have a "link skill" column in the right hand isde where you select a character and have a drop down menu of what link skills you want to be placed with that character.

20. Default Re: Character select screen rant

While we're wishing for the moon and wanting Nexon to do something to make things convenient for their users, I'd also like a pet hamster, to win the lottery, and to find the dragonballs so I can wish for immortality

Just, you know, in case Nexon reads this thread. You scratch my back Nexon, I scratch yours.