1. Default Help: Massive lag when walking by NPCs in towns.

I'm not sure if this is the right place to put this. Recently I downloaded Maple again to try Hayato. Despite a little bit of lag everything was going fine, but that was until I got close to Cassandra / Gaga / Maple Admin. The game starts lagging massively and it only gets worse the longer I stay, it seems to be consuming all of my comp's memory because even the numberpad's light on my keyboard freezes when this is happening.

My comp is slow, I don't even have a graphic's card, but I don't think this is related to all NPCs but just those three because again, all was fine until I got close to them. I also remember reading about this issue here before so, is there any way to fix/get around this?

2. Default Re: Help: Massive lag when walking by NPCs in towns.

Either avoid those NPCs, get a better computer, or don't play. Those are essentially your options, since Nexon will never fix them.

3. Default Re: Help: Massive lag when walking by NPCs in towns.

The problem is the 3 of them are together right next to the portal out of the Hayato town. If I have to skip the whole Hayato storyline just to play the class, i'd rather not play it-

4. Default Re: Help: Massive lag when walking by NPCs in towns.

Unfortunately Nexon doesn't care to actually fix this issue. Almost all the lag is from Maple Admin though. Cassandra causes some minor lag, while Gaga doesn't cause any lag for me.

You'll have to either ignore Hayato and all towns, except Sleepywood and Aquarium, or just hope you can make it to the portals before the game locks up.

5. Orbital Bee Cannon
    IGN: SaptaZapta
    Server: Kradia
    Level: 275
    Job: Hero
    Guild: Matriarchy
    Alliance: Peaceful

Default Re: Help: Massive lag when walking by NPCs in towns.

Welcome to town lag.
    You seem to have a light case of it, if you only lag near these NPCs. Most sufferers lag anywhere in town (except Aquarium, which has these three NPC's hidden away in a separate map).
    No known cure, except buy a better computer.
    Using a Hyper Tele Rock can ease the symptoms, especially in a case like yours. Use the rock even to get to the first map out of town, so you don't have to pass by those NPCs.

Good luck.