Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345
  1. Default Re: KMST 1.2.474 - Hello Southperry.

I agree on this.

I always saw mercedes more of like hybrid melee archer, with tons of mobility and in-your-face skills, sorta like the dual blades of bow users (they also dual weild, after all). I mean, why make all archers the same? Can't Mercedes be the melee archers? Nope they can't, increase Ishtar's Ring range and make it just like Hurricane!

Not to mention, Mercedes needs something to tell them apart from Wind Archers. They're too freaking similar with all the fairy stuff and jewels and crap.

I'll be happy if Rolling Moonsault is still stronger, and Stunning Strikes just gets a decent buff from the new skill.

If you ask me, instead of buffing stunning strikes, I would have lowered the cooldown on Leap Tornado, while making it castable from the ground (you will jump automatically on pressing the key). Mercedes are all about jumpy stuff.

Well, at least they didn't give them a laser.

I'm happy.

:D

2. Default Re: KMST 1.2.474 - Hello Southperry.

Long live Locked!

I hope everyone stops shouting at you about an emoticon thing.

3. Default Re: KMST 1.2.474 - Hello Southperry.

But think of the one obvious pun you could make with it whenever a patch available notice is released!

4. Default Re: KMST 1.2.474 - Hello Southperry.

Ring of Ishtar has always had the same range as Hurricane. Now it just doesn't need the Hyper Skill, and Hurricane will likely lose its Add Range Hyper Skill as well.

5. Interdimensional Rift Straight Male
    IGN: thewatch3r
    Server: Khaini
    Level: 204
    Job: Lolmaster
    Guild: Contagious
    usa

Default Re: KMST 1.2.474 - Hello Southperry.

That would make me extremely happy. It would be even more reasonable/awesome if they also removed the Split Damage hyper as that is completely useless post-Unlimited.

6. Default Re: KMST 1.2.474 - Hello Southperry.

You know, looking at this I figured that the rebalance is being done not just to strengthen classes a bit but to also remove redundant skills. Though I no longer play my Bowmaster I would love to see it being buffed and having new skills to play with so useless Hypers need to go.

7. Default Re: KMST 1.2.474 - Hello Southperry.

I'm pretty sure that before Hyper Skills, Ishtar's Ring had a shorter range than Hurricane, before Hyper Skills too. Maybe I just felt it that way.

If you ask me, very few classes in Maple Story have non-redundant skills. Angelic Buster is the perfect example of a class with non-redundant skills (you can use every single one of her skills even at 4th job).

Meanwhile we have classes with Final Attack + Advanced Final Attack!! and Stunning Strikes + Advanced Stunning Strikes!!

But yeah, nice to see they're trying to avoid this.

8. Interdimensional Rift Straight Male
    usa

How are those examples of redundancy? The advanced version is just making the original skill better. It's only redundant if they give you a skill that is made completely irrelevant by another skill or update.

Perfect example is giving BMs the Split Damage hurricane hyper when in the next patch they increased the damage cap to 50mil.

9. Default Re: KMST 1.2.474 - Hello Southperry.

Redundant just means repetitive.

For example, Holy Arrow and Angel Ray are redundant skills. They're both a magical holy arrow, same concept, except the second is much stronger.

The upgrades to Starfe also got redundant. Hmm, I wonder how we should upgrade this skill?... 4 arrows already... no, make it FIVE arrows!!

It doesn't matter if the upgrade is done as a passive or as an active skill. The point is that instead of developing new skills to make the classes more unique, all you're doing is throwing steroids on already existing skills.

The epitome of this issue is Mikhail: 3rd job big lazor, 4th job BIGGER lazor. So instead of developing interesting stuff for Mikhail, all they did was be lazy and repeat on a formula.

10. Interdimensional Rift Straight Male
    usa

I know what redudant means.

Nexon always does upgrades in a manner that does not cause them to put forth a lot of effort. I don't consider upgrading a skill to a stronger version to be "redundant," just lazy. Clearly some jobs are more original and took creativity to make unique skills and such, but other classes Nexon does not care about as much so they just upgrade the stats or make a skill more worthwhile to use. I consider a skill to be redundant when it made completely useless by another skill or update (like my example in the previous post), which tends to happen as you job advance anyways, but upgrading an already original skill to a superior version isn't exactly redundant imo.

11. Neon Atom Male
    IGN: WaxMuseum
    Server: Galicia
    Level: 200
    Job: Captain
    Guild: UniquePwns
    Alliance: Miracle
    australia

If GMS is getting soul skills I want Anego's slap.

12. Default Re: KMST 1.2.474 - Hello Southperry.

You actually use Melody Cross?

13. Default Re: KMST 1.2.474 - Hello Southperry.

Oh leave the poor skill alone, it ain't its fault. The game is just bipolar towards accuracy and will make it worth a lot or worth nothing. *remembers where plain 15 acc from a Zakum Helmet helped you hit Windraiders*

14. Default Re: KMST 1.2.474 - Hello Southperry.

Yeah but he used the word "like" before stating it was 33% slower, indicating that he wasn't sure of the exact value. Or that's how i interpreted it so sorry if I interpreted wrongly

15. Mercury Straight Male
    IGN: StacknStick
    Server: Windia
    Level: 200
    Job: Phantom
    Guild: Exist
    Alliance: DreamHome
    Farm: ButcherDen
    russia

Mille is 180ms, everything else is 120ms at all weapon speeds.