Server: El Nido
    Level: 210
    Job: Mercedes
    Guild: LegacyReborn
    Alliance: Muse
    Farm: Farm
    canada

Basic0 Ecol Tactics

Anyone hear/play this game yet? The NA CBT just ended a few days ago, and the Open Beta is slated (unofficially) for the next few weeks. The game looks pretty fun and the graphics seem pretty polished; it looks like the love child of FF Tactics and Ragnarok Online.

http://ecoltactics.gamescampus.com/teaser

Like a lot of new games, they have founder packs that you can buy. One of the cool features of this is that you can reserve an IGN a couple of days before the OB starts.

There's 4 classes: Cleric, Archer, Mage and Fighter, not sure if there are subclasses at higher levels, though.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EcH5tkl6Zr8

I've been playing the Indonesian version, and it's pretty fun if you're into the whole tactical gameplay.

There's also some pretty odd/hilarious NPC names.

If anyone's interested in playing the NA version with me when it comes out, hit me up. We can discuss more here when more info on the NA localization arises!

2. Default Re: Ecol Tactics

My brother and I have been looking for something like this for a long time and we vowed if we ever struck it rich, we'd put some money into the development of a MMOTRPG. Alas, no riches yet and the closest I've found so far was Dofus or something like that. It was Pay2Play, so that was a nonstarter.

Just a few questions:
    • The trailer doesn't show much of a social (MMO) aspect. Is there one, how is it?
    • I've read the same guy (perhaps troll) on multiple MMO sites claim the game is heavily Pay2Win, is it?
    • I am aware that there isn't a job tree like FFTA and that characters are time limited in their use, is this as bad as it sounds?
    • Lastly, since it is browser based, are there any detriments to not having a dedicated client?

Gah, I wish I would have known about this to participate in the CBT so I wouldn't have so many questions and to determine if it was worth a Founder's Pack.

3. AFK at Ch 18 Leafre Straight Male
    Nion's Avatar [Jr. Event Coordinator]

IGN: GreenTeaSip
    Server: Scania
    Job: Hero
    Guild: Symbolism
    Alliance: Lore
    Farm: Symbolism
    California

Default Re: Ecol Tactics

It looks like the game "Luminary". Interesting though.

4. Neon Atom Gay Male
    IGN: Sylvananna
    canada

Honestly, I'm not entirely sure on all those points, I missed the CBT, and the Indo version is pretty dead. I do know that you can meet players/trade in towns and can also invite people to your party to do missions together. No idea if the game is pay2win, the indo cash shop is very small and doesn't seem to be highly cash dependent.

5. Neon Atom Gay Male
    canada

So the early open beta access started today, and the offical OBT starts tomorrow. The game is pretty fun, especially when partying with friends. If anyone wants to play, I'm on the Vermonics server and my IGN is Patt.

6. Default Re: Ecol Tactics

I was just about to post to indicate the OBT starts tomorrow too. It's a shame they made it the same day as Hypers, I'll get on eventually, good to hear the game is fun.

7. Default Re: Ecol Tactics

I just made an account but given that I'm not from the NA region I'll just report if I can actually connect first before saying anything further.

8. Neon Atom Gay Male
    canada

I don't think you should have any issues. @Mazz and I were able to play the Indonesian version fine without any restriction. I don't believe there's a SEA localization anyways.

Also! 28 minutes until it's released for everyone :D!

9. Default Re: Ecol Tactics

That's great! I like the graphics very much and Empire Earth has been schooling my ass so let's see if this game teaches me how to play a proper strategy again.

10. Default Re: Ecol Tactics

Gonna set up my hyper skills on Maple and then Ecol Tactics it up

11. Default Re: Ecol Tactics

I'm on Vermonics, current IGNs are Roxis and Philomele. Still haven't decided on a third.

Edit: Going to bed now, level 7. The items in the cash shop are holy smokes expensive but on the bright side you get permanent cash equips for reaching level 5 now! Make sure you choose the one that fits what you want to become though as it apparently adds stats.
    Last edited by Curtiss; 2013-04-03 at 04:28 PM.

12. Default Re: Ecol Tactics

The old characters get deleted? Sucks that I have to go through that tutorial again, took too long man.

Got the name Andre, I guess there aren't too many people who have made characters yet. I'm on Vermonics also.

13. Default Re: Ecol Tactics

My brother is making his way through the tutorial, I might not get there until later, but he's way cooler than me anyways. Snow and Chilly, respectively.

14. Default Re: Ecol Tactics

Nice name theme you guys have! ;p

And damn, this game has some sexy art.

15. Default Re: Ecol Tactics

Man, those Spring Flowers sure are pretty hard to get. Incidentally I'd recommend having getting your two other characters to level 5 at least so you have permanent cash equips, plus you can get outfits from that Gacha if you get lucky.

16. Neon Atom Gay Male
    canada

I'll be on later today, I think I'm level 15 atm. Anyone in that level range? Partying is so much better than soloing!

17. Default Re: Ecol Tactics

I'm level 9 now. @_@ I took some time off to get the free cash equips for my subs and I'm generally getting my ass whooped at this point due to not upgrading Mercs.